Recent Topics

Ads

[dok] bis gear for shield and dual dok

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Rydiak

Re: [dok] bis gear for shield and dual dok

Post#11 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:27 pm

Genesis Warrior*, not Assailant. And Mercenary has a lot lower stat budget than say Dominator or Oppressor. I cannot recommend Mercenary if you have Dom/Oppressor available.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Ads
xarfay

Post#12 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:10 am

Dalen can you also do it for dual wield ? like which gear will be da best atm?^^

Zxul

Post#13 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:26 pm

Rydiak wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:27 pm Genesis Warrior*, not Assailant. And Mercenary has a lot lower stat budget than say Dominator or Oppressor. I cannot recommend Mercenary if you have Dom/Oppressor available.
472 armor from 3 merc is over 15% of your total armor value in dps spec, pot included.

So which stats on Dominator or Oppressor do you consider worth loosing 15% armor for?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

xarfay

Post#14 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:32 pm

can someone post, which gear is BIS for dual wield dok now these days, after 3 domi and 3 merc is "out of date" ? any other set / set mix is better these days? any help will be highly appreciated =)

ajnin420
Suspended

Post#15 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:58 pm

Zxul wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:26 pm
Rydiak wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:27 pm Genesis Warrior*, not Assailant. And Mercenary has a lot lower stat budget than say Dominator or Oppressor. I cannot recommend Mercenary if you have Dom/Oppressor available.
472 armor from 3 merc is over 15% of your total armor value in dps spec, pot included.

So which stats on Dominator or Oppressor do you consider worth loosing 15% armor for?
Higher str/reduced crit/init/ and set procs all outweigh the 470 armor... but keep doing what you do... never seen a dok/wp put out number and be as usefull as rydiak or halcite using merc.

To OP check out rydiaks guide or msg halcite ingame for help.

dalen
Developer

Post#16 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:29 pm

The armor values on the pieces themselves are lower for those 3 pieces so in reality you only gain 310 armor compared to oppressor. But you loose in total 53 in other stats plus the Endure proc. You also loose 3% parry, 2% melee crit & 18 melee power, but gain some dodge & disrupt.

But just replacing two stat talismans with armor talismans will give you the same amount of armor but you will get to keep the endure proc.

I could maybe see 3pc Mercenary, 5pc Bloodlord & 2pc sentinel working though if you have sentinel ring & belt. That gives higher stats than the 4pc oppressor but no proc, so it comes down to the uptime of that proc and if you have a good sentinel talisman for that ring essentially.
Source Developer

Zxul

Post#17 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:41 pm

ajnin420 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:58 pm

Higher str/reduced crit/init/ and set procs all outweigh the 470 armor... but keep doing what you do... never seen a dok/wp put out number and be as usefull as rydiak or halcite using merc.

To OP check out rydiaks guide or msg halcite ingame for help.
Lets start with why would I take seriously someone who considers "number put out" as any sort of criteria.

Also, a piece of advice- go educate yourself about how reduced crit and init works, compared to where toughness and absorb come in dmg calculations, and what hybrid dok specs are about, before you start attempting to contribute something to the discussion.
dalen wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:29 pm

The armor values on the pieces themselves are lower for those 3 pieces so in reality you only gain 310 armor compared to oppressor. But you loose in total 53 in other stats plus the Endure proc. You also loose 3% parry, 2% melee crit & 18 melee power, but gain some dodge & disrupt.

But just replacing two stat talismans with armor talismans will give you the same amount of armor but you will get to keep the endure proc.

I could maybe see 3pc Mercenary, 5pc Bloodlord & 2pc sentinel working though if you have sentinel ring & belt. That gives higher stats than the 4pc oppressor but no proc, so it comes down to the uptime of that proc and if you have a good sentinel talisman for that ring essentially.
Did you calculate extra toughness/ws from merc into 53 stats though (when you account for body + shoulder or head spot being taken by bl)? Parry vs dodge is debatable, crit is really overrated on dok (dok has no +% crit dmg tactics, and procs can't crit, so even in procs light build 2% crit is less then 1% extra dmg, and you need only so much to keep heal debuff up). What I would really miss actually is 2% less chance to be parried on opp gloves.

Endure is nice, since my dok is rip from quite some time ago though I didn't got to test it. First question is, does it refreshes? Also, with 15% chance it is likely to not be up before wl uploads his spike into you, for example, while extra armor will be there.

5 bl/3 merc/2 sent yep seem like a good option.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

xarax

Post#18 » Mon May 06, 2019 9:02 am

since we have many new weapons now, how are your thoughts about them?
going 2x new SC weapon for dmg dok or combine with a proc weapon from City Dungeons?
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Ads
perche

Post#19 » Mon May 13, 2019 7:42 pm

shield need regenerate essence.
Perche choppa rr100 RIp
Dizparate squid rr100 Rip

Bayoneta vonsodomiten Dok
Froilan Borbon engi nerfed in last 2 patch.

peterthepan3

Post#20 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:07 pm

xarax wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:02 am since we have many new weapons now, how are your thoughts about them?
going 2x new SC weapon for dmg dok or combine with a proc weapon from City Dungeons?
I'd go either MH Harbinger Xiphos (2.0 speed, 40str/wounds, and highest DPS at 57.0), or MH RR61, and OH subjugator/proc weapon.