Recent Topics

Ads

jail = fail

Let's talk about... everything else
psycotrance

jail = fail

Post#1 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:04 am

Hello everyone.

As we know, when you crash on fortress you can log in again and come back to the fort because, when this happens, you get a reservation, to have a chance to go back to fort.
More and more defending people is disconnecting the game when they are died to avoid going to the jail.
If you die, you JUST UNPLUG YOUR INTERNET CABLE FROM THE COMPUTER AND CONNECT IT AGAIN quickly, and then, when you log again, you are in the portal alive and can get in again, avoiding going to jail.
The other night, we pushed like 10 times attacking, and done over 300 kills, after 40min, 5 min before the end, there was only 1 order inside jail....
The jail is supossed to fill slowly with the kills that can not be rez, this way it makes sense to keep pushing, because defending player numers reduces and make it chances to success the attack. But if the defender numbers are always the same, its very fustrating to keep pushing and dieing everytime.

So we need ideas on how to prevent that, i will give some, and you can contribute also:

1.- IF YOU ARE DIED AND CRASH, DONT GET RESERVATION = get reservation only if you crash being alive
2.- GET RESERVATION ONLY ONE TIME, only 1 chance to crash, if you crash again you dont get reservation again.
3.- need more ideas

Thanks for your time.
Psycotrance (shaman dps)
Smokegreen (magus)

Ads
vianiznice

Re: jail = fail

Post#2 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:30 am

Sounds like exploiting to me, hope there'll be reprimands.

slightlymad79

Post#3 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:39 am

Im a rejoiner so forgotten how this mechanic works but if anyone needs me to help I used to run a youtube channel exposing cheating and bad admins

If its possible ill happily stop playing for an hour or so to record on video and police the inmates to make sure they are not
exploiting.
Bottom line is its a fun video game cheating and exploiting has no place here just take a loss like a man/woman and stop being children.

To the Dev if you need me to stop playing and police some of the events ill do it

Alfa1986

Post#4 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:43 am

Not reservation at all,
died means dead, flew out means dead, cut the younger brother the internet cable means dead. you will not shout to the enemy in a real battle, -"hey, sorry wait five minutes, do not shoot, my internet does not work". It does not work - your problems, not the problems of other players.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Sulorie

Post#5 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:59 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:43 am Not reservation at all,
died means dead, flew out means dead, cut the younger brother the internet cable means dead. you will not shout to the enemy in a real battle, -"hey, sorry wait five minutes, do not shoot, my internet does not work". It does not work - your problems, not the problems of other players.
Apparently you just want to have a chance to enter fort.
Dying is no option.

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:10 am

vianiznice wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:30 am Sounds like exploiting to me, hope there'll be reprimands.
Ban them all! Ban them all!

beezwax

Post#7 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:12 am

yeah steal the slots from players who worked to enter the fort and disconnected cause the server decided to close the connection cause of some random bullshit. if reservations get removed you add another shitty lottery to forts.

your just crying cause your fort attack wasnt successful, if you got the easy defense everything is fine as usual.

Gangan

Post#8 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:17 am

psycotrance wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:04 am (...)
The jail is supossed to fill slowly with the kills that can not be rez, (...)
Was something changed on the mechanic?because the last time I fought in a fort you could simple be rezzed like in any other rvr-encounter 😅
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#9 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:22 am

Sulorie wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:59 am
Alfa1986 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:43 am Not reservation at all,
Apparently you just want to have a chance to enter fort.

I don’t think so, and don't really want to, I’ll wait for the forts to become for all and not only for their.

Alfa1986

Post#10 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:30 am

make a lot of mirrors of forts, like on off server, and a lot of problems will go away by itself, such as filled by players, disconnects, etc.