Ads

WP vs. DoK DPS

Let's talk about... everything else
peterthepan3

Re: WP vs. DoK DPS

Post#31 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:35 pm

vanbuinen77 wrote:
Belladonna 1, Peterthepwned 0
I assume you're a big boy, so I made you a gift that befits your big boy status:
Spoiler:

Ads
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#32 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:36 pm

All righty then

ICONIC 3/2 vs fusion

fungame211

Post#33 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:26 pm

So Devour Essence + Healing debuff on DOK is actually stronger than WP?

What WP combo would be the equivalent to that?

roadkillrobin

Post#34 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:29 pm

fungame211 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:26 pm So Devour Essence + Healing debuff on DOK is actually stronger than WP?

WP have naturally higher burst then DoK. Did a test a while back and WP burst outlasted DoK's sustained dps for something like 60 seconds. WP is able to pound on more crit with the right group composition aswell. I don't actually think the difference is that big.
Moast atributes are mirrored but in different ways like ability vs tactic.

It's just stupid to look at any class in isolation unless something is totally broken and DoK and WP arn't broken. What happens when you start nerfing or buffing individual classes you actually affects ALL other classes aswell as any class is able to group up with one and another. All these changes made over time have actually stirred up alot of problems coz one change actually cause a butterfly effect.
Changes shouldn't be done like they are, where one class or effect gets nerfed and buffed at the time. The whole class ballance system needs to be understood and changed all at once.

Reesh

Post#35 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:38 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:29 pm
fungame211 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:26 pm So Devour Essence + Healing debuff on DOK is actually stronger than WP?

WP have naturally higher burst then DoK. Did a test a while back and WP burst outlasted DoK's sustained dps for something like 60 seconds. WP is able to pound on more crit with the right group composition aswell. I don't actually think the difference is that big.
Moast atributes are mirrored but in different ways like ability vs tactic.

It's just stupid to look at any class in isolation unless something is totally broken and DoK and WP arn't broken. What happens when you start nerfing or buffing individual classes you actually affects ALL other classes aswell as any class is able to group up with one and another. All these changes made over time have actually stirred up alot of problems coz one change actually cause a butterfly effect.
Changes shouldn't be done like they are, where one class or effect gets nerfed and buffed at the time. The whole class ballance system needs to be understood and changed all at once.
Oh baby, do we have one? :lol:

peterthepan3

Post#36 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:11 pm

Really curious as to what gear/spec/tactics/rr you had on both the DOK and WP, and what your rotations were.

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#37 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:20 pm

Yes please share, Peter needs some help/tips for his spec

peterthepan3

Post#38 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:37 pm

Spoiler:
I do need some tips on how to backpeddle, so gimme gimme gimme!

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#39 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:53 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:11 pm
Really curious as to what gear/spec/tactics/rr you had on both the DOK and WP, and what your rotations were.
No tactics, no renown, no gear, no mastery, just a 2hander vs duel wied with the exact same stats and PoR and CoC activated.
I tested several rotations to see which skills actually had the moast impact. The single skill that have the moast impact from the core sets is Castagation. With just the AA's it was actually almoast identical dps even with the procs. Im guessing the Striketrough nakes up for it.
But as we know, just having more damage isn't the full story either. DoK can make up for the burst with Devour Essence and the consistancy of the healdebuff.
Im not argueing that WP is a better dps the DoK, but it have more burst in isolation. Personally I think neither WP and DoK, or any other healers should be able to be competeble vs other dps in terms of dps. These are classes that can ress, cleanse and heal other players, something other dps can't do.

ajnin420
Suspended

Post#40 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:15 pm

Thread is getting pretty yawn...