Recent Topics

Ads

SC pop and gain vs premades

Let's talk about... everything else
Alcan
Suspended

SC pop and gain vs premades

Post#1 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:50 am

I know both fractions do it! make a lvl 40/40+ premade and kill pugs!

sc is kinda broken in that way since pug grps are lvl 31 - 40 and have no chance vs a premade 40!

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: SC pop and gain vs premades

Post#2 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:01 am

Premades will keep farming pugs and avoiding other premades until there is sufficient reason to do otherwise: look at Caledor Woods - the designated premade scenario - which only 3-5 premades regularly do, while the rest blacklist it.

I do agree that It does suck as a sub40 to come up against 40s in SC, though; I just don't think we have the population to further split, which would result in even longer queue times.

Grixxitt

Post#3 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:07 pm

I'm not sure if OP knows this but there is a scenario that you can't queue up with as a group. Currently it's Reikland Factory but you can find out what it is by typing .pug
(there is a group of people on at least Order side that bypass this to smash pugs but by and large it's pug vs pug).

There's also the matter of premades dragging out games by not running the keg or whatever to farm kills. I would suggest just leaving in those cases (turn around at respawn and locate the large red WAR symbol and run into it, it's a portal out of the scenario).

Feanor

Post#4 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:19 pm

Being somewhat new to the game with a few characters in their 30's, the 31-40 bracket feels like cruel and unusual punishment. I'm guessing it's like that for population reasons but it's incredibly demoralizing to just be fodder for others.

Stickzy
Game Artist

Post#5 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:53 pm

If its to harsh, do some pve and grind exp. Its the same in tier 1. When i join sc on a rank 3 sw vs rank 14 mdps etc. Ofc i get stomped, but in the long run, i will catch up, and so will you.

geezereur

Post#6 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:55 pm

The pug scenario pops really slow for solo players, I was watching a stream where someone was duo q for the pug sc and he was getting 3 sc pop and I was not getting a single one this seems broken to me.

peterthepan3

Post#7 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:57 pm

geezereur wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:55 pm The pug scenario pops really slow for solo players, I was watching a stream where someone was duo q for the pug sc and he was getting 3 sc pop and I was not getting a single one this seems broken to me.
Maybe more people are grouping up, which in turns results in less pug sc? (only kidding).

It's slow for everyone: we queued vs a premade for Caledor Woods yesterday, and had to wait 5-10 minutes for a pop - even though we were the only premades queuing for it.

It's part of this new scenario manager system that is designed to give better archetype diversity, so you should always have x tanks, x healers, etc. It does, however, result in longer wait times.

One of the things that should be changed is 2h tanks counting as DPS; maybe pops would be quicker if they counted as tanks again.

Sulorie

Post#8 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:02 pm

Feanor wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:19 pm Being somewhat new to the game with a few characters in their 30's, the 31-40 bracket feels like cruel and unusual punishment. I'm guessing it's like that for population reasons but it's incredibly demoralizing to just be fodder for others.
Don't worry, you will be fodder too at 40 until you got experience. ^_^
Dying is no option.

Ads
Feanor

Post#9 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:38 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:02 pm
Feanor wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:19 pm Being somewhat new to the game with a few characters in their 30's, the 31-40 bracket feels like cruel and unusual punishment. I'm guessing it's like that for population reasons but it's incredibly demoralizing to just be fodder for others.
Don't worry, you will be fodder too at 40 until you got experience. ^_^
Yeah and if they changed 40's to be on their own I'd be back on the bottom of the food chain, oh well then carry on.

MeanMachine7519

Post#10 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:22 pm

Queue only The Pug one and stop crying cause ppl are know how to play this game
Aeizo Mara RR 8x
Aeiza Sorc RR 8x
Aeizos Black Guard RR 8x
Aeizas Dok RR 8x