Recent Topics

Ads

Rampage - Need rework

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Alfinnete
Banned

Rampage - Need rework

Post#1 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:49 am

Hello folks.

The best ever skill need rework.

For the next 10 seconds, your attacks can't be Blocked or Parried. If you are Furious, increase duration to 20 seconds!

Some time ago, I suggested that the rampage skill be revised and at the time many team members agreed that this could happen.I come again to ask you guys to analyze, especially for tank playing I think I am very aware of what this skill is capable of, it simply removes every single option that a tank has to survive.

you must be rational and analyze the circumstances that this skill is used. In forts, siegs, actions in small, medium and large scale, it is useful at any occasion and very easily breaks the front defenses. I can not agree on how she is and how much she favors one side of the war.

Ads
tazdingo

Re: Rampage - Need rework

Post#2 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:54 am

- is known of, longest debated balance issue of all time, devs always say "it's being monitored" in relation to the effect other balance changes may have on it

- choppa has pull, order are as not happy about this as destro are about rampage

- slayer is not a very well represented class in T4, a single skill/build being sorta nuts in the hands of a skilled player backed up by a skilled and loyal group is fine. slayer IS his group, even moreso than choppa who is actually pretty popular amongst solo pubbers

- adding on to this, i have not seen a single 6v6 player complain about rampage. it's mostly destro pub tanks, of which i am. a counter must exist to chosen and BG near capping parry, diversify your survivability. most BO's don't care that much about avoidance

- as far as tank represenation goes, destro > order. pub slayers will already have a hard time finding a guard

- choppa still has higher ST potential

- just shatter it

adamthelc

Post#3 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:46 am

Alfinnete wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:49 am Hello folks.

For the next 10 seconds, your attacks can't be Blocked or Parried. If you are Furious, increase duration to 20 seconds!

Some time ago, I suggested that the rampage skill be revised and at the time many team members agreed that this could happen.I come again to ask you guys to analyze, especially for tank playing I think I am very aware of what this skill is capable of, it simply removes every single option that a tank has to survive.

you must be rational and analyze the circumstances that this skill is used. In forts, siegs, actions in small, medium and large scale, it is useful at any occasion and very easily breaks the front defenses. I can not agree on how she is and how much she favors one side of the war.
It doesnt remove armor or toughness. So it doesnt "remove every single option that a tank has to survive".

It's a good skill, but it's actually better against MDPS who stack high parry than tanks. I've seen a lot of comment to the contrary, but Slayers are not good at killing tanks. They would be worse without rampage, but they arent that great at it.

WLs and WH are going to kill tanks better without rampage. ASW might be better at it too, but I dont have any firsthand experience with that.

Nidwin

Post#4 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:28 am

We would need a slayer's point on view on this and how he/she feels about the Rampage skill.
It looks nice on paper(tooltip) but as already mentioned it's only block and parry and it has a 30s CD.

Magus has Flame's Kiss making 2 spammables indefensible as a core tactic and nobody seems to whine about that one. May be it's because the slayer can't hide in the back, making Rampage more visible in some way.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

rrrutsss

Post#5 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:36 am

Nidwin wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:28 am We would need a slayer's point on view on this and how he/she feels about the Rampage skill.
It looks nice on paper(tooltip) but as already mentioned it's only block and parry and it has a 30s CD.

Magus has Flame's Kiss making 2 spammables indefensible as a core tactic and nobody seems to whine about that one. May be it's because the slayer can't hide in the back, making Rampage more visible in some way.
Cooldown is 30 secs but duration is 20 sec so your whitout rampage 10 secs from 30 seconds(no one in theyr right mind would use rampage in berserk)

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#6 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:22 am

adamthelc wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:46 am
Alfinnete wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:49 am Hello folks.

It doesnt remove armor or toughness. So it doesnt "remove every single option that a tank has to survive".

It's a good skill, but it's actually better against MDPS who stack high parry than tanks. I've seen a lot of comment to the contrary, but Slayers are not good at killing tanks. They would be worse without rampage, but they arent that great at it.

WLs and WH are going to kill tanks better without rampage. ASW might be better at it too, but I dont have any firsthand experience with that.
Slayers and choppas have 50% + armor penetration, rampage ignore block and parry to all players for 20sec.

wachlarz

Post#7 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:23 am

Nidwin wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:28 am We would need a slayer's point on view on this and how he/she feels about the Rampage skill.

I dont sure but Rampage work for aoe slayer skills ? Not like magus single target. Its big dif

roadkillrobin

Post#8 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:28 am

Slayers and Order need this skill.
Slayers been nerfed more then enough tbh.

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#9 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:29 am

roadkillrobin wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:28 am Slayers been nerfed more then enough tbh.
What nerf are you talking about ?
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Tesq

Post#10 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:32 am

oh look the x thread about rampage which will be never take into considertation well lets jump in...

-it's work on aoe
-it's work on aoe cd increase specifically (for which there is no immunity yet its kind of a Crow controll ) hence why is so broken
-choppa / slayer alredy have 2 st debuff core block/parry (recently made undefeatbale and lowered to 30 sec cd aka right choices) so why rampage still exist in its currently itieration is a mistery, aoe choppa do with out it so it could also slayer.
-slayer is not squigsy, it have the same medium armor of other melee if ppl do not drop rage is their fault especially now that youhave a tactic to stay perma 25% rage
-slayer can have the same magical res under kobs aura as all other ppl (again rage controll)
-slayer can be hard to kill vs physical like a mara grab an IB for 70% parry....
-rampage CD can be lowered to 22 sec via tactic (which also lower all other finisher CD)
-rampage being shatterable mean nothing, most of stuff in game is and should be shatterable, yet there is not any single class general buff (rampage is not even restrict to st skills) which give so much for just nothing (dropping rage is not a requirement even more now that you cna be 25% perma rage so that when you use rampge you do NOT drop rage), it's basically a class meccanic on his own dam..(yes new rage tactic buffed rampage /clap)

rest are just exscuses as ppl defending mara Gift of mostruosity, aka nerf both slayer "rampage" and mara "GoM" from 100% to 25% respectualy, 100% is an illusion those skill would, on class they should , grant the same substantial effect even if they were 50% give the ammount of those opposed stats in game.... So nerf em to 25% is a cut half of the real value...