Recent Topics

Ads

Fortress Design Issues - Spawncamping on Video

Let's talk about... everything else
Aurandilaz

Re: Fortress Design Issues - Spawncamping on Video

Post#11 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:42 pm

2nd video,more footage - maybe some corpse jumpers get punished, afaik it is still not really allowed behaviour?

Click here to watch on YouTube

could always nuke their invader gear/medals if not actual bans

also wargrimnir coming to nuke everyone during last minute :P

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#12 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:45 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:42 pm 2nd video,more footage - maybe some corpse jumpers get punished, afaik it is still not really allowed behaviour?

Click here to watch on YouTube

could always nuke their invader gear/medals if not actual bans

also wargrimnir coming to nuke everyone during last minute :P
Looking at the guild tags of some of the people in the vid, I expected nothing less.

Re corpse jumping: come on, bro - calling for bans for this? :D

Xergon

Post#13 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:45 pm

Implement Domination System for defending side will solve the problem.

On Order side we fought destro on outer gates, destro w/o plan 1st tried to storm middle gate, got wiped pretty fast, then we had scouts on walls telling us where to move, we followed and countered every destro move to any other gate.
Destro basically didnt capped any flags during stage 2 if they did it was for few seconds not more. After seeing that we (as Order) dominating we decided to try push out and fight them all outside, destro split and get wiped.

After that there was spawn camping, yes but obviously what order should do, go back to keep and give destro chance to fight back, when there is clearly no chance at all that they will ever manage to win, when they already lose in open field...

If there was any kind of Domination system in place for defending side (based on BOs time holding or kills in zone) it would prevent from what just happened.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Aurandilaz

Post#14 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:56 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:45 pm
Looking at the guild tags of some of the people in the vid, I expected nothing less.

Re corpse jumping: come on, bro - calling for bans for this? :D
Don't want to see anyone getting permabanned, but since it's in TOS, and I personally was not enjoying endgame pvp experienced of being spawncamped and jumped on - maybe some of them might have figured to stop doing said behaviour after 20mins or even 40mins? I mean lot of Order went to the Fort, but as seen in video, 1-2 warbands of people remained to do this crap for about an hour. 15mins of stage 2, and about 35mins of stage 3, doing this same crap.

Sahngar

Post#15 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:00 pm

But why should they stop? if they stop you push the lord room again?

How is this any different than a defender getting put in Jail for 45 minutes?

Xergon

Post#16 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:16 pm

Sahngar wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:00 pm But why should they stop? if they stop you push the lord room again?

How is this any different than a defender getting put in Jail for 45 minutes?
It's different because it's designed that way... It's indented to sit in jail but it's not indented to farm your enemy at spawn camp...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Drysill

Post#17 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:55 pm

This is happening from the first day that forts implemented. Both sides do it over and over with every chance. This is a known issue to everyone, including the GMs.

The only difference is that this time order did it more effective. In fact, so much effective that destroy needed a divine intervention to save them.

It will happen again..

normanis

Post#18 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:08 pm

yup i can agree destro do the same , and order make their revenge on destro. killing ppl in spawn point is disgracefull. same is killing low pleyers and put videos in youtube. its discgracefull there is no honor. same **** happen in world of warcraft where highest levels camp low level zones and kill players . and still get honor.
its ppl mentality who ruin the game. not the game fault. gm can put there 10 55champs.
also portal to fort is lokated in wrong place its should be lokated in warcamp. for attackers and defenders.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
normanis

Post#19 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:12 pm

i hope wargrimnir will punish all swapn campers not just 1side. because giving green light to 1 side its dangerous
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Penril

Post#20 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:15 pm

normanis wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:12 pm i hope wargrimnir will punish all swapn campers not just 1side. because giving green light to 1 side its dangerous
You guys realize he is not in-game 24/7 right? Guy probably has a IRL job, has to sleep, etc. etc.

I'd like to think that if he didn't nuke a certain side in the past for doing this it was because he simply wasn't online and a different GM handled the issue.