Recent Topics

Ads

WP/RP/AM party healing

Let's talk about... everything else
chudasvi

WP/RP/AM party healing

Post#1 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:48 am

Hello,
i would like to suggest some class balance among order healers. I do not see this well balanced if rune priest does have 3 group heals (Blessing of Valaya - heal, Master Rune of Adamant - hot, Rune of Serenity - party bouncing hot), warrior priest does have even more (Touch of the Divine - heal, Sacrifice - channeling heal, Pious Restoration - hot and Divine Light - shield), but archmage has only one group heal (Blessing of Isha), or am i not correct? I would like to know what AM players think about having only one party heal/spell, which is needed these days in fights.
Thank you.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Re: WP/RP/AM party heling

Post#2 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:17 pm

Same issues on both sides tbh. Get hit by a CC or CD increaser on Shaman or AM and your almoast useless in large scale.

Some argue that Shaman and AM are better ST healers, but that simply not true either. RP and Zealot are much better at it and WP/DoK are not far behind on that part either.

I've had an idea about making Blessing of Isha and Gather Round a instant cast Direct heal with a HoT tail (like a group heal version of Healing Energy and Gork'll Fix It) that last for 2 seconds, (2 ticks) with the same total HPS as BoI and GR, and with a 3 sec CD. That would give you a chance to cast ST HoT's and heals between group heals and they would become much better group healers.
Last edited by roadkillrobin on Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Telen
Suspended

Post#3 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:20 pm

Just think of it like a built in difficulty level. Also its nice heal DoK/WP exist as it allows people with impairments to play.

Kurama

Post#4 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:47 pm

Telen wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:20 pm Just think of it like a built in difficulty level. Also its nice heal DoK/WP exist as it allows people with impairments to play.
Pretty much like Slayer/WL/Choppa

I find Zealot and Shaman easier to play than DoK.
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

chudasvi

Post#5 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:14 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:17 pm Some argue that Shaman and AM are better ST healers, but that simply not true either. RP and Zealot are much better at it and WP/DoK are not far behind on that part either.
I agree with you. It looks like these classes are meant for ST/small scale, but it just does not work.
I do not think that changing the only one group heal is the solution. I would prefer improving mastery trees, so players could choose for either group healing or single target healing, but now niether is good.

anarchypark

Post#6 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:23 pm

grp heal spams are problem. no matter what class.
they tend to ignore other healing methods and stick to easy spamming.
which lead to AP starved and less situation awareness.

don't need to encourage such play style by adding new grp heal.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Nameless

Post#7 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:50 pm

My problem with gheal is that it works too good for procs. Even if I do wonderd with st heals (no matter which healer) you got bigger and easier return from gheal spam. 6 chances to gain the needed proc is just too good hence gheal overlook rest heals pretty easy.

I was preaching about nerfing gheal proc chance and gaining more benefits for st heals but prolly that wont happens. All new sets got new and better procs which just buff and made even more important gheal spam
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Dammy095

Post#8 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:57 pm

group heals should be nerfed, its not only much more straight healing than directly throwing heals on injured targets, its also more procs as been mentioned above, as a shaman i have more ap spamming gheal than i do when throwing st heals on every target

its just dumbed down, simple and effective, good player who switching his targets should be rewarded compared to mindless spam of 1 button

but, to make it work, overall damage should be nerfed too, like it was done with moving raze for example

Ads
Detangler

Post#9 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:19 pm

I remember when group heals had a 150 foot range on live. Those were the days of easy healing....
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

anarchypark

Post#10 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:52 pm

Nameless wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:50 pm My problem with gheal is that it works too good for procs. Even if I do wonderd with st heals (no matter which healer) you got bigger and easier return from gheal spam. 6 chances to gain the needed proc is just too good hence gheal overlook rest heals pretty easy.

I was preaching about nerfing gheal proc chance and gaining more benefits for st heals but prolly that wont happens. All new sets got new and better procs which just buff and made even more important gheal spam

can you name procs?
using grp heal to proc is not bad.
most proc have duration timer though.
once you proc it, do you spam grp heal to proc again? why
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)