Recent Topics

Ads

Concussive Mine version for Magus

Let's talk about... everything else
Nidwin

Concussive Mine version for Magus

Post#1 » Thu May 02, 2019 12:13 pm

Hi all,

Who do I have to please (I know who I would chose although) so the Magus get a Concussive Mine tactic (core please) exact mirror of the Engie one?

Engie got their version of Tornado of drool so it should be fair we, Magus <3, get a Engie goodie in return.

Thank you, much appreciated.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Concussive Mine version for Magus

Post#2 » Thu May 02, 2019 12:19 pm

Marauder already has access to the build time increaser, and Magus has his own goodies that the Engineer doesn't have - such as a 50% crit damage modifier for several abilities.

Glorian

Post#3 » Thu May 02, 2019 12:26 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:19 pm Marauder already has access to the build time increaser, and Magus has his own goodies that the Engineer doesn't have - such as a 50% crit damage modifier for several abilities.
I want the later one. :roll:

Dalsie

Post#4 » Thu May 02, 2019 12:32 pm

I am opposed to this. I am not saying it is a good idea or a bad idea, I am simply against all changes that make classes 1 step closer to being mirrors.
Orrud -> Hirn -> Norn -> Marty'r Square

wonshot

Post#5 » Thu May 02, 2019 12:33 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:19 pm Marauder already has access to the build time increaser, and Magus has his own goodies that the Engineer doesn't have - such as a 50% crit damage modifier for several abilities.
While I am very much against direct mirrors for Warhammer, if we are to follow this logic of a powerful utility/cc tool being spread out realmwide on both sides. Then Where on earth is the AOE knockdown on Order side?! :o

You know. it is not like it is not insanely powerful in Fortresses(thic sarcasm), where an aoe knockdown not only can knock the first line down and therefor clog up a narrow entrance. It is also the one of the only hard-CCs that allows you to take damage for the duration while you cant repossition yourself, without breaking such as stagger. or silence where you can still move, just not cast.
(And yes Slayers have M4 knockdown but are we really comparing a 30sec cooldown aoe CC to a M4. And magus/engi have their turrets self-destruct. But that turret is not gonna last for 0.5sec in the aoe spam)

As for Engineers Builduptimer increase debuff, there is an arguement for order have an advantage in way of applying this since its ranged compared to mara. But thematically I like this split, where both realms have different advantages.

....Just not when it comes to the strongest CC in the game for largescale, AoE knockdown :roll:
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Nidwin

Post#6 » Thu May 02, 2019 12:46 pm

I can always ask and get a no.
Engies want a Surging Power version, by all means, give it to them too. :lol:
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Tankbeardz

Post#7 » Thu May 02, 2019 1:36 pm

Meh how bout make indigo core like focused fire so you could spend your point elsewhere and always have your finisher like the engi.

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Thu May 02, 2019 3:26 pm

wonshot wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:33 pm

While I am very much against direct mirrors for Warhammer, if we are to follow this logic of a powerful utility/cc tool being spread out realmwide on both sides. Then Where on earth is the AOE knockdown on Order side?! :o

I 100% agree with you, and I was an advocate of giving Order such a tool (on one of its criminally underused WB classes) quite a while ago.

Ads
footpatrol2

Post#9 » Thu May 02, 2019 4:13 pm

Might as well direct mirror.

RoR is direct mirroring a lot of other classes/abilities.

Tesq

Post#10 » Thu May 02, 2019 11:16 pm

sigh some stuff should, other should not, some should be cross mirrored and not perfect mirrored....most stuff should be cross mirrored in reality but well seems is to hard for the upper floor and it always came down to mirror in the end especially when some classes have hole that need to be filled (which should be also filled elsewhere with the same new skill instead mirror something).