Recent Topics

Ads

Keep Siege (pve mechanics)

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
wonshot

Keep Siege (pve mechanics)

Post#1 » Mon May 13, 2019 4:12 pm

I've been on this server for some time now, I played AoR for a long time and if there was óne thing that would destroy motivation to play, push to campaign or put in effort. It would have to be bugs

With the past year or so there have been "countless" issues with Keeplords. Resetting when leaving the lordroom, healers pulling aggro from a different floor, lords stuck in walls, lords resetting and so on.

The last few months we have had some issues with Rams bugging out when dragging it through a two-zone RvRlake and despawning on the border, or if the person summoning the ram goes to do a postern push and gets too far away from the summoned ram it despawns. And now as of late, rams rubberbanding back to a prior possition and unable to get moved any further.

I admire anyone why have tried to tacle these issues, and for some periodes of time things have been working, zones are locksing and everyone is happy(well not everyone, everyone cant be pleased)
But my suggestion, or atleast the debate I want to hear is:

"Do we need Rams and keeplords?"

On AoR tanks at RR 45 would get the Renown special ability to repair a door that had taken damage. I personally leveled up an IB simply to get this ability, because that was an appealing feature for me. Granted back then EVERY ability was able to damage keepdoors aswel, opening up the possibility of rushing a keep and be unpredictable with when a siege was happening and not like it is on RoR right now with
step1: build the stars
step2: leave BOs and rally at own keep (very obv to see on the map when this happends for the enemy)
step3: drag ram and other siege weapons to the enemy keep
step4: oil, ram etc. But most of all. the whole succes of destroying a door is based on FOUR guys on the ram. FOUR! Yesterday we had 7 order warbands in Caledor. And FOUR people were actively progressing on the door, while the rest was basicly idle.

I think we, as a server, can do better than that!

I propose a system where we take out the elements that bring too much hassle in terms of coding, because stability is king! And get as many players involved as possible, because that seem to be the way the devs want this server to go.

Keepdoors, resources and ranks:
-The enemy keep doors can be attacked by both ram and all damageing abilties(not moral) after your realm's keep reach 2stars.
- Oil useage will be much more devastating when not only tanks are standing under the oilspot. more killing, more fun.
- Standing around with a clearly supperior force and being unable to use the numbers, just seems very wrong.
- Re-enable some of the rolespecific Realm abilities such a door repair on tanks, oil damage reduction etc.
- Rams and siege weapons work as of now (fix current bugs) but have abilities able to damage the doors aswel to spiece things up and give players some control in how a siege unfolds instead of it being very predictable.
- When a door is broken, but then rebuilt it starts at a low % and needs to be repaired by renown ability or resources. instead of spawning at 100% instantly.

Keeplords:
Are keeplords really a fun mechanics? Yes it adds something to build contribution on. it makes for some tactics where you let the attackers get hit by aoe from the lord and then rush down at a moment when they are weak from the upper floors but when comparing it to the ammount of directly gamebreaking issues the lord code brings along. I think its about time we have a debate if the whole system of a keeplord should be removed

My proposal for a replacing system is the following;
- Keep lords are removed
- After both of the doors to a zonekeep have been destroyed the attacking realm need to control 3 capture points (just like Scenario flags) on each of the 3 floors Bottomfloor, keeplord floor, top floor. This makes for different setup options for the defending realm where they can hold either of the floors and try to break the attack. While solo stealthers can sneak to a potential topfloor and ninja cap and create chaos.

This whole idea come after a long while with frustration towards how many bugs we have seen with aggro, resets, rubberbands and GM assistance needed. With this proposal I am sure ther would be balanceing tweaks needed or unforseeable bugs too, but the keeplord code seem to have been a reacuring issue for too long now

would you agree?
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
BeautfulToad

Re: Keep Siege (pve mechanics)

Post#2 » Mon May 13, 2019 4:24 pm

A more fleshed out idea of my criticisms, I'd like to see RvR reworked. It is funny that Nordland remains one of the best RvR zones in the game.

I personally find keep lords a bit dumb. Your proposal though, would mean once the second door is breached, it's game over unless the defenders can continually spawn in the keep. I don't think that's a terrible idea, but the three flags needing to be captured is a bit redundant. In essence, you are saying there is a single flag in the inner keep that needs to be captured for a lock.

Alfa1986

Post#3 » Mon May 13, 2019 5:19 pm

you would not believe but before that damage to the gate could be inflicted not only by the ram but also by ordinary skills and spells. although there were rams too. in general, the very first capture system was the smartest when not only control over the rvr zone but also public quests and scenarios influenced the capture of the zone, but I remember that the forum players ached like old grandmas that we don’t do pve, we play pvp and rvr , well, everything is as usual))
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

zgolec

Post#4 » Mon May 13, 2019 5:27 pm

@OP I like this idea.

...and for now - since its bugged af now and need constant GM activity why not remove lord at all and make 10-15 mins timer to hold it? Win, WIn situation - no need GM on and remove annoying pve from pvp :P
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Stophy22

Post#5 » Mon May 13, 2019 6:22 pm

But I like keep lords :(
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ototo

Post#6 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:29 pm

Keep doors should only respawn at 100% when the defending realm has more than 60% AAO. Enough said.
Spoiler:

BeautfulToad

Post#7 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:41 pm

Ototo wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:29 pm Keep doors should only respawn at 100% when the defending realm has more than 60% AAO. Enough said.
Yes, that's basically what I suggested.

Armoz
Suspended

Post#8 » Fri May 17, 2019 11:01 pm

Its funny how none of the devs have actually had an opinion or responded to this post. Which kind of shows the direction they are going. they tell us that our feedback and suggestions are important, yet they completely overlook anything that stands against their ideas or renders their made changes bad and annoyingly unplayable. Its time you guys realize that we all love this game, we play this game and have for a long long time. And we need a stable and a healthy system that keeps people occupied not only with camping warcamps or farming each other mindlessly because there is NO DECENT rvr system in the game. I mean what are we trying to do here ??? are we trying to make RoR a better game than AoR was or are we just standing around hands crossed on our chest and deny most of the great ideas this community comes up with because you guys are the devs and how dare we say your decisions are bad or break the game. Sometimes you just need to take a step back and understand that some people actually do have better ideas and this is one of them. Start by fixing the stupid core bugs that **** ruin the experience not just for some but for everyone before you add new content into the game and make problems even worse. Sit down and set your priorities straight and make a decent road map and work on it step by step. How about we put the puzzle together piece by piece using the picture and not have our eyes closed and do something random and stupid.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Fri May 17, 2019 11:08 pm

Armoz wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:01 pm Its funny how none of the devs have actually had an opinion or responded to this post. Which kind of shows the direction they are going. they tell us that our feedback and suggestions are important, yet they completely overlook anything that stands against their ideas or renders their made changes bad and annoyingly unplayable. Its time you guys realize that we all love this game, we play this game and have for a long long time. And we need a stable and a healthy system that keeps people occupied not only with camping warcamps or farming each other mindlessly because there is NO DECENT rvr system in the game. I mean what are we trying to do here ??? are we trying to make RoR a better game than AoR was or are we just standing around hands crossed on our chest and deny most of the great ideas this community comes up with because you guys are the devs and how dare we say your decisions are bad or break the game. Sometimes you just need to take a step back and understand that some people actually do have better ideas and this is one of them. Start by fixing the stupid core bugs that **** ruin the experience not just for some but for everyone before you add new content into the game and make problems even worse. Sit down and set your priorities straight and make a decent road map and work on it step by step. How about we put the puzzle together piece by piece using the picture and not have our eyes closed and do something random and stupid.
He mad.

You might wonder why devs don't post on the forums much or respond to feedback, it's because something like this is waiting right around the corner. Pull your head out of your ass. We don't work here, we don't work for you. It's all volunteer to do things to make things better or fix things. If you have a good idea and someone sees it and decides to run with it, pat yourself on the back.

Unless you learn how to code and do database grunt **** all while also being a decent, pleasant, and trustworthy person that someone on the staff could vouch for so you can get in here and start making the changes you want to see, keep your entitlement firmly tucked between your legs and be happy with what we CAN get done in our spare time for free. Wishing something could be different is real **** far removed from actually making it happen.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

BeautfulToad

Post#10 » Sat May 18, 2019 2:44 am

Armoz wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:01 pm Its funny how none of the devs have actually had an opinion or responded to this post.
I have not been here long but the devs tend to shoot down unworkable suggestions within minutes. The fact they haven't here and i think the lords are now easier to kill suggests to me they are thinking about changes that will not just create more bugs that seem to annoy you so very much.