Recent Topics

Ads

Squig herder arrows

Let's talk about... everything else
sydd

Squig herder arrows

Post#1 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:56 am

Since the WAR was born many steps forward have been made, also thanks to this server and its developers. But from 2008 until today no one has yet managed to solve the problem of the squig herder's arrows (don't know if is the same for SW) passing through walls, rocks, mountains, etcc.etc ..
So I wonder: Is it really impossible to fix this bug?

Ads
Reesh

Re: Squig herder arrows

Post#2 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:04 am

sydd wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:56 am Since the WAR was born many steps forward have been made, also thanks to this server and its developers. But from 2008 until today no one has yet managed to solve the problem of the squig herder's arrows (don't know if is the same for SW) passing through walls, rocks, mountains, etcc.etc ..
It is not a bug. If the ability has been casted before you were hidden, they are going to hit you. Arrows have pretty long travel time, so sw/sh could've casted 3 skills before you finally realized that someone's is shooting at you and you went to go behind a tree.

bunniepowa

Post#3 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:42 am

I Wonder if the same bug exists here as it did on "retail" when you shoot a explosive arrow (cant remember the name) it flies straight up and then it moves with your Char! Will put a video of the bug recorded on retail https://youtu.be/pRXQQ6h5BNU
GO to 1min for a better shot on the arrow

sydd

Post#4 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:59 am

Reesh wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:04 am
sydd wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:56 am Since the WAR was born many steps forward have been made, also thanks to this server and its developers. But from 2008 until today no one has yet managed to solve the problem of the squig herder's arrows (don't know if is the same for SW) passing through walls, rocks, mountains, etcc.etc ..
It is not a bug. If the ability has been casted before you were hidden, they are going to hit you. Arrows have pretty long travel time, so sw/sh could've casted 3 skills before you finally realized that someone's is shooting at you and you went to go behind a tree.
It's not only about "if the ability has been casted before somebody was hidden", arrows reach you always and in any case as well as the pet. That's ridiculous.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#5 » Tue May 14, 2019 12:05 pm

sydd wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:59 am
Reesh wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:04 am
It's not only about "if the ability has been casted before somebody was hidden", arrows reach you always and in any case as well as the pet. That's ridiculous.
No they dont. If it has been casted with los it will hit you no matter if you move behind a wall. Only the squigger pets manage to follow you behind trees and objects and shoor through the weirdest spots. The player cant.

xanderous

Post#6 » Tue May 14, 2019 12:56 pm

This applies to all range abilities that are casted on you before you los so its not exclusive to the SH.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

subfal

Post#7 » Tue May 14, 2019 1:01 pm

xanderous wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:56 pm This applies to all range abilities that are casted on you before you los so its not exclusive to the SH.
On BW/Sorc, cast is interrupted when you los...I dont remember if it was the same on Live server...
Subzx - Bright Wizard
Sbzx - Runepriest
Subtheal - Archmage
Subz - Sorcerer
Subzist - Zealot

Youtube Channel
Twitch Channel

xanderous

Post#8 » Tue May 14, 2019 1:06 pm

subfal wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:01 pm
xanderous wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:56 pm This applies to all range abilities that are casted on you before you los so its not exclusive to the SH.
On BW/Sorc, cast is interrupted when you los...I dont remember if it was the same on Live server...
You are confusing what i said, i said before you los, take the games basic mmo targeting system then imagine an ability being casted, player los, then ability lands, also there are other variables such as players connection/lag, all these can give false impressions you are safe.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman

Ads
subfal

Post#9 » Tue May 14, 2019 1:15 pm

xanderous wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:06 pm
You are confusing what i said, i said before you los, take the games basic mmo targeting system then imagine an ability being casted, player los, then ability lands, also there are other variables such as players connection/lag, all these can give false impressions you are safe.
The ability not lands if you lose los...It's what I trying say.
Subzx - Bright Wizard
Sbzx - Runepriest
Subtheal - Archmage
Subz - Sorcerer
Subzist - Zealot

Youtube Channel
Twitch Channel

xanderous

Post#10 » Tue May 14, 2019 4:37 pm

subfal wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:15 pm
xanderous wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:06 pm

The ability not lands if you lose los...It's what I trying say.
That only happens if the ability has not completed its cast time to which the ability won't even fire off at all, insta cast abilities will still always hit even if you try to hide behind something before it lands, signal fire is a good example of having a long animation travel time but still always landing.