Recent Topics

Ads

Rampage Question

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
thatguyj1f

Re: Rampage Question

Post#31 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:31 pm

Heh, thought it was just me. I get parried too sometimes when rampage is up.

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#32 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:38 pm

I need more info about how this is happening
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

mubbl

Post#33 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:19 pm

Spoiler:
Acidic wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:28 am
mubbl wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:09 am
Acidic wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 5:50 am

Ouch quite impressive for a 5point skill
yes and no, since its count as finisher you lose all of you rage and you just get 5 rage per second in combat , if tool tip is right. Pretty huge drawback for a skill which is a nice setup to do dmg in large scale. So that means that you need to slot Power Throught, which is another skill point and drawback cause you lose a tactic slot. which makes you choose between either one of the stat tactics or crit dmg(must be skilled) or increased aoe target cap for standard aoe(must be skilled and have 20% dmg drawback) or cd reduction(must be skilled). Even rampage makes 1v1 easy mode, it really shines in large scale battles situational, but it is not for free. For full rampage duration with power throught, you need a wind up of 15 secs.
:) made me smile, a5pt skill to base a build upon. Oops maybe a tad low in the tree :)
i wouldnt say to build upon, its a nice addition for certain stuff like to max reliability of debuffs/dmg. But there for it has certain draw backs. but you maybe right about the placement, but where to put it then? Handout 5pt inc healdebuff? and remeber drwafs are drawfs so they cant reach so far up :D

Acidic

Post#34 » Tue May 21, 2019 9:32 pm

Grunbag wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:38 pm I need more info about how this is happening
Worth testing hitting a guarded target and see if it’s the parry from guard showing up.

zaebis03

Post#35 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:05 am

I honestly don’t know what is causing it. I just noticed it happening in random situations. I was attack a BG and he parried like 3 of my recklessness hits intermittently and a few auto attacks after for one example.

zgolec666

Post#36 » Wed May 22, 2019 7:51 am

Acidic wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:39 pm
Grunbag wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:11 pm choppa and slayer wasn't designed to be Line Breakers according to mythic ?
Probably off topic from op post but never mind I take the bait :)

Don’t see anything on my Choppa which does this or even close,
Not mythic creation but aoe pull work well to fk up tank wall/ first line also interrupt morale dump...

zgolec666

Post#37 » Wed May 22, 2019 7:53 am

Acidic wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:32 pm
Grunbag wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:38 pm I need more info about how this is happening
Worth testing hitting a guarded target and see if it’s the parry from guard showing up.
Parry from guard dmg should not be seen by slayer just tank.

Acidic

Post#38 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:58 am

zgolec666 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:51 am
Grunbag wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:11 pm choppa and slayer wasn't designed to be Line Breakers according to mythic ?

Not mythic creation but aoe pull work well to fk up tank wall/ first line also interrupt morale dump...
Not really that useful as has limited effect 99% of the time and especially in WB vs WB immunities are free candy (especially on tank line) even if you are an organized WB there are plenty of leaches around doing random stuff .

My thinking of rampage it is a nice idea and the little guys need some help, but the skill is over tuned. 10 or 20 sec buff should be 5-10 max, effect should be either only on parry or only block or only 50% this would still be a good 5pt skill but not the current level where it is way better than a log of 13 pt skills, would end up being more situational

Ads
mubbl

Post#39 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:17 pm

Acidic wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:58 am
zgolec666 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:51 am

Spoiler:
Not really that useful as has limited effect 99% of the time and especially in WB vs WB immunities are free candy (especially on tank line) even if you are an organized WB there are plenty of leaches around doing random stuff .
My thinking of rampage it is a nice idea and the little guys need some help, but the skill is over tuned. 10 or 20 sec buff should be 5-10 max, effect should be either only on parry or only block or only 50% this would still be a good 5pt skill but not the current level where it is way better than a log of 13 pt skills, would end up being more situational
Spoiler:
yep you are right but if i remeber correctly git to da choppa(old version was just 30feed range and nothign in addition and lower dmg also) and winds of insanity ignored immunitys
dont know, mostlikley its a relict from old aor times, but if you see what else lies down on 5 pionts for drwafs (25% parry or 10% crit for 2 on ib) but if you place it higher then 9 points it would be much worse cause of the limitation of mastery points and it would make slayer a way less effective role in warbands...

RuffRyder

Post#40 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:42 pm

What bothers me a bit is, considering some people here mentioning the OP-ness of a 5pt skill, that in the same context it's about warband play and breaking tank frontlines in oRvR.

I have never ever seen a warband with enough Slayers in oRvR rampaging through destruction tanks.
Why? Because Rampage on its own isn't an ability you just pop and spam you AoE on a frontline.

Like already mentioned above it needs to be timed and used with appropriate damaging abilities, on the right targets, in the right moment. We have like a hand full of great Slayers on this server I proudly fought with that are not simply considered cannon fodder, besides several other classes that in the hands of no-so-great players lead to threads screaming how OP they are.
No need to post examples in this case, we all read it.

In my opinion it comes down to the same wrong conclusion that is made on a regular basis: A few examples of a class in the hands of a good player leading to subjectively overperforming class mechanics.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)