Ads

My experience working with RoR

Let's talk about... everything else
wonshot

Re: My experience working with RoR

Post#21 » Sat May 25, 2019 4:48 am

Tesq wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:37 am exept the hands on the bw staff

b-b-but that is my favorit :(
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
tazdingo

Post#22 » Sat May 25, 2019 7:13 am

Luth wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:35 pm I didn't know that the staff diaries are shared publicly.
The word you seem to avoid by downplaying what the OP has experienced is "respect".
A bare minimum of respect.
i'm not downplaying it you big baby
Last edited by tazdingo on Sat May 25, 2019 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luth

Post#23 » Sat May 25, 2019 7:36 am

navis wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:54 pm You should know that one of the pre-requisites to my knowledge, is that these people like yourselves are active in the community - to better gain understand for who you are. Seeing this your 2nd post doesn't help your case.
He had already contact to certain staff members and "was accepted", as he already posted.

Also: his "case"?
navis wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:54 pm Other than that I wouldn't take offense to it because others have seen similar treatment...
If I'm not mistaken even Natherul had to wait for months just for basic communication.
Then i guess it's ok to slap others in the face as long as enough people do it.
And "even Natherul" means nothing regarding if something is ok or not.
categorical imperative

Luth

Post#24 » Sat May 25, 2019 7:40 am

tazdingo wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:13 am i'm not downplaying it you big baby

That's a pretty childish behavior.
Spoiler:

tazdingo

Post#25 » Sat May 25, 2019 8:20 am

Spoiler:
ass hat
No offense please.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#26 » Sat May 25, 2019 8:26 am

Hi Luth!

So, what's up lately?

DanielWinner

Post#27 » Sat May 25, 2019 9:18 am

Please, don't turn it into holy war.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

octonetwork

Post#28 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:10 am

You sir are very talented :)

Ads
Luth

Post#29 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:44 am

tazdingo wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 8:20 amass hat

I'm sorry if i hurt you somehow, it wasn't intended. Next time i keep the mirror in my pocket.

Hargrim wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 8:26 am Hi Luth!

So, what's up lately?

Just chilling, thanks for asking.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#30 » Sat May 25, 2019 12:14 pm

I even don't see reason of starting a pseudo-drama about the staff answering or not, according it is between Coji and the staff in the end. Coji is right, we are very silent with those who are doing this kind of stuff about the work they do, and i understand he can wonder where this will go. He just had to ask me (and this is done).

For the record, we are still in touch, and this work (and Ferrile's work) will find a place in the game in the future when at least 1 set (as stated month ago with Ferrile) for each class will be ready (don't ask in which condition thats not a subject for the moment).

According this part of the project is non-critical (and i guess there are more urgent subject than introducing new content, which absolutely doesn't mean we don't care about it), according subjects are numerous, according the time each of us can offer to the project/rest of the team, according our communication issues (mostly to link with availability and point of views (like anyone playing this game)), according our organizational problems (volunteer based remember, all around the world, on free time), yes the team can take time to react on some subjects, or forget to. It doesn't mean they have no consideration about the amazing work Coji and Ferrile are doing. On the contrary.

Have initiated this part of the project, according i'm able to produce 3d models too. Problem is i haven't time to do it or manage a team. Some contacted me and again, haven't found the time to have discussion with them. It is not a problem of respect, it is a problem of availability.

In my honnest opinion, instead of bridle their creativity letting everyone reacting and giving an opinion on their production, letting them working with free hands is a significant comfort. They showed they were more than able to drive it by themself. Daniel posts you regularly on all social media the result of their amazing work. By extension, anyone able to make this kind of work can participate, as a fre contributor. If the model is fine, if community validate it there is no reason we dont add it a day or another.

I could also put in the same category the work some are doing about client translation or patchnote translation. Thats not because no one in the team frame it or give feedbacks that no one care about. Generally when things are going fine, a long silence should be considered as a validation, before crying to the wolf.