Recent Topics

Ads

Viable Swordmaster SnB builds?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
MayoDaen78

Re: Viable Swordmaster SnB builds?

Post#11 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:57 pm

zgolec wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:52 pm I guess its standard for deftard.

Futile till u get 0% ctbc, defender, deft defender, parry. Spare points in wounds.

With calming winds, perfect defences and using ef you got one of the highet avoidance in game ;p Add vaul buffer to that and all u see on screen is block/evade/disrupt/parry/absorb. Change stances properly and you good to go :P
thanks man...I probably should try this, been 2h for most of my SM life lol
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

Ads
zgolec

Post#12 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:07 pm

MayoDaen78 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:57 pm

Futile till u get 0% ctbc, defender, deft defender, parry. Spare points in wounds.

With calming winds, perfect defences and using ef you got one of the highet avoidance in game ;p Add vaul buffer to that and all u see on screen is block/evade/disrupt/parry/absorb. Change stances properly and you good to go :P
Yea ;] I was full time 2h on live... Here i am deftard since day one :p

There is lot of SnB SM these days - some time ago there was like ... Chez, Rainai and me - and whole lotta of 2h ;p and ppl askin "zomg how can u play snb" and now... More and more deftard ;]
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

MayoDaen78

Post#13 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:56 am

zgolec wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:07 pm
MayoDaen78 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:57 pm

Yea ;] I was full time 2h on live... Here i am deftard since day one :p

There is lot of SnB SM these days - some time ago there was like ... Chez, Rainai and me - and whole lotta of 2h ;p and ppl askin "zomg how can u play snb" and now... More and more deftard ;]

Yeah I noticed that especially Chezyban...he is one helluva tough SM :D
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

Wyzard

Post#14 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:19 pm

MayoDaen78 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:36 am

Can you give me your renown points allocation? Since I think SM has the worst block rate compared to Knights and IBs, just wondering that's all
Ya I put max into block, disrupt & dodge, then i do futile strikes until 0% or near, then rest to parry, and as i got to 70+ i found points to put into that one that is -% dmg in and out. Could also throw change into wounds.

I also think SM has very high block capability. With perfected defenses tactic, the 4pc bonus from vanguard set, and crushing advance i hit usually around 50% block in perfect stance.
Archmage : Darktown Strutter
Ironbreaker : Datbookdoe
BrightWizard : Wyzard Mode

Wyzard

Post#15 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:27 pm

MayoDaen78 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:56 am

Yeah I noticed that especially Chezyban...he is one helluva tough SM :D
:D Appreciate that, i certainly try
Archmage : Darktown Strutter
Ironbreaker : Datbookdoe
BrightWizard : Wyzard Mode

Ramasee

Post#16 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:51 pm

https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,2864,2897

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#renown;000 ... 3000000000

Is the highest EHP build for warband play.
PoH -> CA / SS -> HTL
And you HTL until you need to WW (on warband lead command for burst but not morale drop), you need to use GW, or your perfect stance drops.

Stortz

Post#17 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:17 am

Wings of heaven should always be there
No matter what
no
matter
what

Ototo

Post#18 » Sun May 26, 2019 12:35 pm

See, here is whr I don't like this. Tanks should imo go two routes, once their chances to be crit has been properly reduced: stacking block and strength, or stacking parry/dodge/disrupt and toughness/armor. The first allows the character to be of actual use in the enemy lines, making themselves a thread that worth to fight instead of a minor annoyance that you can detaunt. Also works in PvE. The second relays in avoiding entirely damage, and then you can focus in some extra offense.

I would also use my brain, cause you should not spend 15 renown points to reduce 1,5% chances to be crit. Get always full investment from your renown points. Freaking buy a talisman, or even don't if you know the piece of gear you are aiming for will drop it for you.

Also, this:
Stortz wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:17 am Wings of heaven should always be there
No matter what
no
matter
what
Spoiler:

Ads
Collateral

Post#19 » Sun May 26, 2019 1:19 pm

Ototo wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:35 pmSee, here is whr I don't like this. Tanks should imo go two routes, once their chances to be crit has been properly reduced: stacking block and strength, or stacking parry/dodge/disrupt and toughness/armor. The first allows the character to be of actual use in the enemy lines, making themselves a thread that worth to fight instead of a minor annoyance that you can detaunt. Also works in PvE. The second relays in avoiding entirely damage, and then you can focus in some extra offense.

I would also use my brain, cause you should not spend 15 renown points to reduce 1,5% chances to be crit. Get always full investment from your renown points. Freaking buy a talisman, or even don't if you know the piece of gear you are aiming for will drop it for you.

Also, this:
Stortz wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:17 am Wings of heaven should always be there
No matter what
no
matter
what
Ye good luck being useful in rvr as a snb tank that stacks str. Threat? What kind of a threat can a snb tank be in rvr? In smaller scale maybe, but not even then. You simply lack burst. Bo was good when he had THC for snb, but now even he isn't a threat anymore. A tank is useful if he can survive, that's why he's called a tank. You don't need offensive stats when going snb, especially in rvr, you won't make a difference anyway.

Deftard tanks don't need any offense, it's useless. Dps is there to deal damage, tanks should focus on tanking (if you want to deal damage as a tank go 2h). Also, your ctbc can go into negative, and that's good because then you reduce your opponents chance to crit (if I got it right), and for tanks that's a must. So even if you hit 0% ctbc, it's not completely useless to invest more into it.

Martok

Post#20 » Sun May 26, 2019 3:18 pm

A few weeks ago Zarbix hosted a Six v. Six event and live-streamed it. Because the guild I was in at that time decided not to participate, I went to watch. I noticed one curious thing. Every Swordmaster I saw participating as part of one of the organized groups was playing 2H spec.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...