Recent Topics

Ads

Underdog System

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Vaul

Underdog System

Post#1 » Sat May 25, 2019 9:49 am

I am feeling increasingly RoR could do with an Underdog System.

WAR Live introduced a Underdog System with version 1.3.3. which "dynamically balanced the difficulty of the campaign (and its associated objectives) based on the results of recent campaign pushes". You can read more about that here.

On Live the mechanic revolved around City Pushes and you can still see the status of your City with the five stars next to your city name above the minimap. For ROR this could be linked to Fort pushes until City comes along. A simple thing may be increase the worth of supplies and other contributions towards ranking up the underdog's keep.
Deadlakes (Marauder)
Shoreditch (Zealot)
Vhannos (Chosen)

Ads
Vaul

Re: Underdog System

Post#2 » Sun May 26, 2019 10:20 am

Here's a more specific proposal:

Every time a Realm locks a zone contribution towards keep ranking for the opposing Realm increases by 10% (to a maximum of 100%) and the locking realm's "keep contribution" buff is reduced by 10% (to a minimum of 0% - i.e. as it is now). This is shown as a buff on your character for transparency. Further, this buff is tied to AAO. It only comes into effect if you also have AAO.

Be interested in your thoughts on the pros and cons. Thanks.
Deadlakes (Marauder)
Shoreditch (Zealot)
Vhannos (Chosen)

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#3 » Sun May 26, 2019 10:21 am

It’s still in the UI when you mouse overlay the lock rvr bar
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Vaul

Post#4 » Sun May 26, 2019 3:58 pm

Grunbag wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:21 am It’s still in the UI when you mouse overlay the lock rvr bar
Thanks Grunbag, I see that in the UI now. But nothing is implemented currently unless I am grossly mistaken??

So has me wondering if it's on the table to implement an Underdog System ever or when Cities are brought in?
Deadlakes (Marauder)
Shoreditch (Zealot)
Vhannos (Chosen)

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#5 » Sun May 26, 2019 4:00 pm

That’s something we will talk about once city will be there . Currently we are working on city siege
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Vaul

Post#6 » Wed May 29, 2019 3:59 pm

Thank you Grunbag. I am glad it's on table for discussion.
Deadlakes (Marauder)
Shoreditch (Zealot)
Vhannos (Chosen)

Psychopski
Suspended

Post#7 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:18 pm

Underdog system is an essential incentive for world RVR for the side that's badly outnumbered. It keeps players playing against all odds and gives the "zerg" someone to fight. Though if you know what you're doing as underdog you can avoid the zerg nost of the time and farm huge amounts of renown by taking small bites off of the zerg.

Underdog system was great on live and it's hard to comprehend how it's not in RoR.

Ysaran

Post#8 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:36 am

how was the underdog sistem on live?
Zputadenti

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:08 am

Ysaran wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:36 am how was the underdog sistem on live?
I think ppl confuse aao bonus and the increasing difficulty to lock endzones to reduce the frequency of city sieges. As we have no city siege yet, it is not needed.
Dying is no option.

Ototo

Post#10 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:11 am

Ysaran wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:36 am how was the underdog sistem on live?
Still the dominant realm dominated. No matter if you call it AAO or Underdog. It still means that you gonna have way too much opposition and way more enemy players spreading.

<~~~~Was order in a destro dominated server, and destro in an order dominated one
Spoiler: