Recent Topics

Ads

What stacks?

Let's talk about... everything else
phononHYPE

What stacks?

Post#1 » Mon May 27, 2019 6:59 am

I am under the assumption that you can buff/debuff from one of each of the following:

1. Abilities
2. Tactics
3. Morale
4. Procs from items (I'm only familiar with Wound procs but I assume there could be others)
5. Potions
6. Talisman
7. Guild banners

So for resists as an example, you could have chosen Discordant Instability, but it would not stack with shaman Mork's Buffer or zealot Mark of the Vortex (and same with Order versions), but you could stack your racial resist tactic, along with potions, talisman and say, the zealot Eye of Sheerian, and some ability like the magi Daemonic Resistance. Same theory with stat buffs, armor, et cetera, you can only get it from one of each source.

Am I correct in my assumptions, or does it work some other way? ( I hope I was clear in my above examples)
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ads
Glorian

Re: What stacks?

Post#2 » Mon May 27, 2019 7:32 am

Pretty much correct.

Examples:
Getting Strength from the Rune of Power from a Runepriest doesn't stack with the Strength potion. That's why you usually skip the Rune Buff.
If for example then get a Strength increase from an IB buff, then of all the 3 Strength buffs only the strongest will apply. It doesn't matter in which order they were applied.

This is one of the reasons why the IB has it harder as on live as most of his buffs he can give are already buffed by potions. Like his 2 Strenght buffs, or his armor buff. The later one is almost useless as everyone and his mother has an armor potion on the server.

Corporal Resistance buff of IB is useless if you have an Runi or AM in the group as they give a better one and so on.
Or skip these abilities on the IB completely if you have an Kotbs in the group as he gives also more Strength and more Toughness for a longer duration.

I'm sure there are some examples on Destro Tanks too.

Collateral

Post#3 » Mon May 27, 2019 9:12 am

Abilities (procs, potions), tactics and morales stack. That's the simplest way to remember it. I'm not exactly sure about banners.

Gangan

Post#4 » Mon May 27, 2019 9:37 am

The general rules should be like
- " Moral + Tactic + Buff"
- A "Buff" is a bonus from skills, pots or procs.
- This will be added on top of the stats you get from gear and renown.
- If you get multiple boni of the same type (Moral,Tactic or Buff) the game decides which of them is the strongest and will use this one instead of other boni you might have.

As an example:
BO M2 (160 Thoug) + Rugged (160 Though) + Potion (80 Though)= 400 Thoughness
Let's add a additional buff, Savin' me Hide. Depending on the spend masterypoints it will buff you between 75 and 120 thougness.

- A bonus from a skill is in the same category as a pot, so the game checks which of them is stronger.
- If SmH buffs 75 it's weaker than the pot and you will stay with the 400 thougness you had before.
- If SmH buffs 120 it's stronger than the pot and will be used instead. Meaning you will end up with 440 thougness.

Due to this mechanic a lot of buffs from skills a rendered "useless", as other classes can buff more or they are already covered via potions (e.g. armor as said in the post above). On the other hand, if everything could stack it would be very hard to balance as you could reach crazy stats,( e.g a BO has three different armor buffs)

This rules aplly to all kinds of buffs like armor, resi, wounds etc. and should also count for debuffs. Of course there are some exceptions, e.g. the armor-self-buffs of Magus Deamonic Armor and Engineer Flak Jacket stack with other armor-buffs, be it skill or pot.

I'm not hundred percent shure about the standard buffs, but as far as I could test them , they seem to stack on top off all other boni, too.
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

phononHYPE

Post#5 » Mon May 27, 2019 3:44 pm

I see I was in the right ballpark, but off on some things. I didn't know potions were in with morals and abilities.

Thanks everyone.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

phononHYPE

Post#6 » Tue May 28, 2019 3:59 am

As an after-thought, doesn't this make sorcerer Shroud of Darkness pretty worthless?

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Manatikik

Post#7 » Tue May 28, 2019 4:25 am

phononHYPE wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:59 am As an after-thought, doesn't this make sorcerer Shroud of Darkness pretty worthless?
Not if you’re playing without a Sham, Zealot, or Chosen... so kind of. But a lot of **** is redundant like that; **** would stack ridiculously high if not.
<Montague><Capulet>

phononHYPE

Post#8 » Tue May 28, 2019 6:39 am

Manatikik wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:25 am
phononHYPE wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:59 am As an after-thought, doesn't this make sorcerer Shroud of Darkness pretty worthless?
Not if you’re playing without a Sham, Zealot, or Chosen... so kind of. But a lot of **** is redundant like that; **** would stack ridiculously high if not.
A whole lot of "w/o...", but yeah, redundancy for the redundancy.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ads
footpatrol2

Post#9 » Tue May 28, 2019 6:47 am

Banner's should stack as it is a % increase and not a static value increase unless RoR did something weird.