Recent Topics

Ads

Is Git to da choppa suppose to pull player with M2 Focused mind?

Let's talk about... everything else
Warfare80

Re: Is Git to da choppa suppose to pull player with M2 Focused mind?

Post#31 » Fri May 31, 2019 9:09 am

wachlarz wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 8:16 am
Warfare80 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 6:57 am WLs fail with their pulls 9/10 times in any bigscale fight. Why? Because the pet CAN NOT survive long enough to reach the target inside the zerg. I
1. WL in zerg ? Rly ?
2. U WANT a PET to survive a zerg ? U want a PET that survive 24 ppl dmg ?
Seems i need to explain better.
Im comparing two pulls, WL and mara.
A mara can still pull in a zerg. WLs can not.
Ofc should a pet not survive a zerg.
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

Ads
wachlarz

Post#32 » Fri May 31, 2019 9:22 am

So yours mara can survive zerg dmg and pull ONE enemy ? Rly U use pull in zerg fight ?

Warfare80

Post#33 » Fri May 31, 2019 9:28 am

Ofc i try to use pulls ina zerg fights. If you can catch a squishy target,or a healer,its a insta kill.
And we are not talking about the zerg dmg...we are talking about the pull. Talking about zerg dmg and how to avoid it,that would need a new thread.
Im not trying to be sarcastic in any way,and im hoping we can keep on having a civilized level on this conversation :)
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

wonshot

Post#34 » Fri May 31, 2019 11:21 am

As I said, replace the danm pull with a big hard hitting ability. And I think all part would be happy, small scale heroes, largescale choppas, dead orderlings.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ysaran

Post#35 » Fri May 31, 2019 11:45 am

wonshot wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:21 am As I said, replace the danm pull with a big hard hitting ability. And I think all part would be happy, small scale heroes, largescale choppas, dead orderlings.
It's not so easy: GTDC is used mostly in small scale cuz it can be used as a hard CC. taking away the pull would ruin a build (the dual wield, to be clear) and actually there isn't a real alternative.
ID is useful for both smallscale and bigscale so I don't see why GTDC shouldn't be useful too in both environment.
All this to say: replancig GTDC with a hard hitting ability would just ruin Choppa.

Now, I agree that GTDC need to be looked at, but it is just one of many problems, like: Keep On Choppin' being useless, AoE tree being underperforming compared to Slayer's one and 2h tree being underperforming compared to other ST classes
Zputadenti

wpc56
Suspended

Post#36 » Fri May 31, 2019 5:00 pm

Ysaran wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 5:30 am @wpc56 the "pull part" of GTDC is undefendable while the "damage part" can by parryed/blocked.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=31598&hilit=Choppa ... e&start=20

Grunbag already explained (from page 3) that the pull being undefendable was a problem even back on Live.

As said by many before me this is a non-problem since there are way to counter it by punting yourself, punting the Choppa or taunting him.
Please stop presenting false evidence, doing so derive of any creditability you may have.

Here is EXACTLY what Grunbag provided one page back
"Pull is like a punt for immunity so your M2 does nothing against that"

He said NOTHING about pull being undefendable, your statement is completely false.

Also, the goal of this private server is to improve upon the original live game, just because a mechanic was broken in live doesn't mean it should not be fixed.

Again I want state my issue with pull mechanism as a whole in bullet point form without talking about broader class balance.

- All "other" non-morale form of crowd control have a defensive check before the effect landing on a character (physical/magic/dodge check)
- Pull is a form of crowd control but it does not have the same defensive check - meaning we have a single form of CC that is completely undefensiveable, a character cannot gear against it
- My recommendation is the make crowd control consistent so that each form of CC can be geared against, thereby providing more skill based counter play

ie. if a non-tank sees a melee pull incoming, if they have m1 (100%parry/dodge), they can use it against the pull. Where as today, there's is NOTHING a non-tank can do. No counter play

Ysaran

Post#37 » Fri May 31, 2019 5:31 pm

wpc56 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 5:00 pm
Ysaran wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 5:30 am @wpc56 the "pull part" of GTDC is undefendable while the "damage part" can by parryed/blocked.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=31598&hilit=Choppa ... e&start=20

Grunbag already explained (from page 3) that the pull being undefendable was a problem even back on Live.

As said by many before me this is a non-problem since there are way to counter it by punting yourself, punting the Choppa or taunting him.
Please stop presenting false evidence, doing so derive of any creditability you may have.

Here is EXACTLY what Grunbag provided one page back
"Pull is like a punt for immunity so your M2 does nothing against that"

He said NOTHING about pull being undefendable, your statement is completely false.

Also, the goal of this private server is to improve upon the original live game, just because a mechanic was broken in live doesn't mean it should not be fixed.

Again I want state my issue with pull mechanism as a whole in bullet point form without talking about broader class balance.

- All "other" non-morale form of crowd control have a defensive check before the effect landing on a character (physical/magic/dodge check)
- Pull is a form of crowd control but it does not have the same defensive check - meaning we have a single form of CC that is completely undefensiveable, a character cannot gear against it
- My recommendation is the make crowd control consistent so that each form of CC can be geared against, thereby providing more skill based counter play

ie. if a non-tank sees a melee pull incoming, if they have m1 (100%parry/dodge), they can use it against the pull. Where as today, there's is NOTHING a non-tank can do. No counter play
Calma down man, I tell the truth: you have to opened the link I posted and go to page 3 (or 4, it doesn't matter). Here Grunbag explain that the pull being undefendable is a problem that ACTUALLY they can't solve.

Now: does punt can be defended? I actually don't know, someone can tell me?
Zputadenti

Warfare80

Post#38 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:11 pm

I have seen one dev provide us with info about this skill. They can not work with the code.
Here is the basic about the skill.
-Can not be defended against
-Does not grant any immunity (you can go afk when you get pulled into the ball of death)
-The range is more than 65 feet (this could be because server lag)
-It breaks entire frontlines (this info comes from organized guildWBs,and a strong frontline is pretty much a MUST HAVE in any organized fighting)

-Ppl gets pulled up to lordsroom from bottom floor- ppl get pulled up to lordsroom from stairs -- ppl gets pulled into walls in funnel on keeps and can not get ressed
Its a gamechanging skill and organized destro WBs are using it (why should they not,its a free winbutton)

There is NO COUNTER to it. There is nothing you can do. One guarded and spamhealed choppa runs into the enemyline and pulls ppl into a small area where you do not survive 2 seconds. Its like pulling ppl into a nuclear firepit.

The skill should not be in the game. If devs cant work with the code,why do they add the skill and kill the rvr?

Removing the skill would be a big nerfhammer to the choppa. The class needs some other skill to compensate if this winbutton gets removed. Heck..give them a 40k singletarget dps skill,its still easier to counter and not killing WBs,its only killing one player.

I have 3 friends who left the game because they find it unplayable now (they are talking about organized gameplay) and im sure they aren ot the only who ragequit.

I would love to get a answer from a dev/gm, a serious answer. Some of them usually makes fun of the player and locks the thread to stop further discussions,but i know they have serious people in their crew,please throw us a bone here. This skill is a gamekiller.
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

Ads
Ysaran

Post#39 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:34 pm

Warfare80 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:11 pm I have seen one dev provide us with info about this skill. They can not work with the code.
Here is the basic about the skill.
-Can not be defended against
-Does not grant any immunity (you can go afk when you get pulled into the ball of death)
-The range is more than 65 feet (this could be because server lag)
-It breaks entire frontlines (this info comes from organized guildWBs,and a strong frontline is pretty much a MUST HAVE in any organized fighting)

-Ppl gets pulled up to lordsroom from bottom floor- ppl get pulled up to lordsroom from stairs -- ppl gets pulled into walls in funnel on keeps and can not get ressed
Its a gamechanging skill and organized destro WBs are using it (why should they not,its a free winbutton)

There is NO COUNTER to it. There is nothing you can do. One guarded and spamhealed choppa runs into the enemyline and pulls ppl into a small area where you do not survive 2 seconds. Its like pulling ppl into a nuclear firepit.

The skill should not be in the game. If devs cant work with the code,why do they add the skill and kill the rvr?

Removing the skill would be a big nerfhammer to the choppa. The class needs some other skill to compensate if this winbutton gets removed. Heck..give them a 40k singletarget dps skill,its still easier to counter and not killing WBs,its only killing one player.

I have 3 friends who left the game because they find it unplayable now (they are talking about organized gameplay) and im sure they aren ot the only who ragequit.

I would love to get a answer from a dev/gm, a serious answer. Some of them usually makes fun of the player and locks the thread to stop further discussions,but i know they have serious people in their crew,please throw us a bone here. This skill is a gamekiller.
As I already said to you: go to BDF and make a proposal, I would be glad to read it. I'm the first that think GTDC need some tweak
Zputadenti

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#40 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:01 pm

We can make it defendable . But it’s both pull + damage undefendable or non of them undefendable . I can’t dissociate them yet . Channels abilities act weird . That’s why I was asking if it’s meant to be defendable or not .
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer