Recent Topics

Ads

SW Assualt spec gear.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Starke

SW Assualt spec gear.

Post#1 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:20 pm

Swapped to assault spec recently and I now almost have invader set. So my question is, how many invader pieces should I be using. Does the 5 piece set with +10 range apply to assault abilities? If it does, is it even useful?

Does the 6 piece set substantially increase your damage or just don't even bother?

If anything higher than 4 piece set bonus is useless, should I just stick to vanq or would it be worth losing the 5 piece genesis set bonus to get 2 pieces of beastlord?

For talismans, what level armor should I be aiming for, since assault doubles armor tali's, should I get going for tank level armor, (4.5k I think?) or.....?
Wargrimnir - Dear unverified refugees of the skaven ridden dumpster fire we occasionally call "the server"

Ads
anarchypark

Re: SW Assualt spec gear.

Post#2 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:31 pm

invader is probably better for scout build.
assault set is bloodlord, hot new set.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Starke

Post#3 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:01 pm

Invader is better for skirmish build. (10% crit chance on skirmish abilities, yes please!)

Is there a link to the bastion stair gear? I can't seem to find it on the wiki. (I hope it's not great, I REALLY hate pve in this game)
Wargrimnir - Dear unverified refugees of the skaven ridden dumpster fire we occasionally call "the server"

Manatikik

Post#4 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:05 pm

Last edited by Manatikik on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Montague><Capulet>

Starke

Post#5 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:33 pm

One piece of sentinel and one beastlord? I'm guessing the second invader amulet was supposed to be beastlord?

So basically if I want to run assault I need to pve. Mainly for blood lord eventually, with some sentinel in there as well?

Gah! Thank you for the info though.

Any thoughts on talismans? Full (or almost full) armor?

Manatikik

Post#6 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:42 pm

Starke wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:33 pm One piece of sentinel and one beastlord? I'm guessing the second invader amulet was supposed to be beastlord?

So basically if I want to run assault I need to pve. Mainly for blood lord eventually, with some sentinel in there as well?

Gah! Thank you for the info though.

Any thoughts on talismans? Full (or almost full) armor?
Supposed to be Sentinel. The reason you take the BL cloak is for the wounds, bs, and talisman slot. With 3 not great armor talisman's slotted i sit at 4k armor with pot. And alternative if you don't want to pve at all is (and super easy to get):

Gives roughly the same damage as the previous with less defense.

But BiS without any PvE is:

For talisman you want a good mix of armor/bs/ws. I run 3 Armor talismans, a WS in each weapon and the rest BS. Depends on what personal stat marks you are looking for.

Also on the Bloodlord currently the weapons will be BiS and i'm still on the fence for Bloodlord gear itself; the later set bonuses are good but with BS being buried so deep and individual piece stats being subpar I don't see it being a good mix and match set (which is what mdps aim for). Another issue with Bloodlord is that it shares it's crit piece with invader which makes it harder to mix and match the two highest armor value sets.
<Montague><Capulet>

Starke

Post#7 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:56 pm

Thanks for all the info Mana, that was a huge help.

I guess I'll eventually try for bloodlord just for the weapons and get the sentinel pieces on the way.

Maximillian

Post#8 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:55 pm

How would you recommend spending your renown points?

Ads
Manatikik

Post#9 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:37 pm

Maximillian wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:55 pm How would you recommend spending your renown points?
Futile strikes > Crit > avoidances
<Montague><Capulet>