Recent Topics

Ads

Turret/Demon Pet Health in RvR

Let's talk about... everything else
kirraha

Re: Turret/Demon Pet Health in RvR

Post#41 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:46 pm

Lol what was even wrong with the pet to start with?

I mean. From the start of the change with the pet :>

Ads
Darks63

Post#42 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:03 pm

kirraha wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:46 pm Lol what was even wrong with the pet to start with?

I mean. From the start of the change with the pet :>
It was a hit on the WL pet that also hit the other 3 pet classes.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

kirraha

Post#43 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:02 am

Okey. Id say imo it is a very very loose reason. Punish one clas who only relies on their pets to affect another one who have a specc to play without the pet. Then it would be interesting if there would be a specc for magus or engineers without a pet. Cause atm, the magi or engi's damage it totally based on having their pets, cause their damage is based around it. And Wl have a small heal skill for their pet anyway? Thought it is very weak I belive? I have player very little wl myself.

This change has imo handicapped the class greately. It glads me devs want to solve it, and I hope it will be on any term. And I dont think the lionpet has been a huge issue? I know ppl hated on wl a lot, and it is kinda broken in some aspects, but I dont think the pet should be the blame. :>

Give the magus or engi a alternative specc for them to play without pet and be a bit sorcbased? Both aoe and st. But that would need lots of work. I would have tried to make them affected by 25% of the aoe heal for example. Its nothing that will affect other players and it is an easier change.

Kragg

Post#44 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:36 am

kirraha wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:19 pm well any kind of inc heal on the pets is better than nothing. I keep saying it, sorry for repeating myself. But the magus and engi are very useless in wb as a dps class as it is now when the pet dies so fast. I even used the wounds tactic on it, but didnt do anything.

I just wanted the class to viable again. Oke I dont demand rifts from third floor at least lol ;)
Ahah! Thikkboi is you! I wondered why this black Orc had it in for me while Lesti was standing in front of me still :P
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

kirraha

Post#45 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:06 pm

Kragg wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:36 am
kirraha wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:19 pm well any kind of inc heal on the pets is better than nothing. I keep saying it, sorry for repeating myself. But the magus and engi are very useless in wb as a dps class as it is now when the pet dies so fast. I even used the wounds tactic on it, but didnt do anything.

I just wanted the class to viable again. Oke I dont demand rifts from third floor at least lol ;)
Ahah! Thikkboi is you! I wondered why this black Orc had it in for me while Lesti was standing in front of me still :P
Hahaha! I always try get you even though Im a big fat ork now! You try kill my guardtarget way to often!

Darks63

Post#46 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:38 pm

A loner tactic was asked for at some point but was sadly denied.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

anarchypark

Post#47 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:11 pm

Grunbag wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:41 pm « Anytime you are healed , your Pet will become healed for 25% of the value as long as it is within 30 feet of you. » is something we could / should implement for all pet career as passive buff

then aoe dmg reduction should go away. lion pets take only 25% non-target aoe dmg afaik.
that even reduce morale dmg. 1200 m2 hits pet 300 dmg. maybe only lion.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

mubbl

Post#48 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:12 pm

anarchypark wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:11 pm
Grunbag wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:41 pm « Anytime you are healed , your Pet will become healed for 25% of the value as long as it is within 30 feet of you. » is something we could / should implement for all pet career as passive buff

then aoe dmg reduction should go away. lion pets take only 25% non-target aoe dmg afaik.
that even reduce morale dmg. 1200 m2 hits pet 300 dmg. maybe only lion.
wl pet should just take 10% aoe dmg, like every pet but only melees atm, or it was ninja adjusted. Nice morales are affected too...

Ads
Orontes

Post#49 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:56 am

Grunbag wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:48 pm Afaik it takes only a % of aoe damage , but maybe it has been reverted
The change to turret/daemons being so vulnerable to AOE was tied to Torq. and his focus on dealing with WL lions and not considering all other pets. I think it would be best if that could be reversed. Having two classes whose base mechanic is basically erased during sieges isn't justifiable (or fun). Please do have this reverted.

Ototo

Post#50 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:02 am

kirraha wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:02 am (...)And Wl have a small heal skill for their pet anyway? (...)
In live server Engi/Magus had this healing aswell for their turrets/demons. The Engi one was called Reinforcement iirc.
Spoiler: