Recent Topics

Ads

Why close the scenario thread...

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
peterthepan3

Why close the scenario thread...

Post#1 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:33 am

...sorta speaks volumes when every time concerns are brought re scenarios, the thread gets locked.

Let people express their concerns and give feedback without needlessly locking after 1 page. These concerns should be addressed, and answered; simply saying 'we do work on sc', or a vague, ambiguous 'work is being done', won't let people rest easy, and locking said thread just exacerbates the sentiment people have atm. What is in the pipeline for scenarios? What incentives will there be to encourage group play in scenarios, given that such incentives are aplenty in other areas of the game? What's with the terrible, terrible rotations as of late? I'm sorry, but having 4 of the 6 most despised maps constantly in rotation, every week, is hard to attribute to RNG. The list goes on.

PS. Please don't be disingenuous about the reasons as to why ranked was pulled. While it is true that premades would have preferred an arena/pure PvP map, this is because a) having objective-based 6v6 does not work in any of the maps as they are (suggestions were given to at least try and make it work, e.g. changing Blackfire basin and Caledor Woods objectives around a bit to make them un-cheesable), and b) 'ranked' should only apply to PvP, so why incorporate an objective element needlessly when noone in the scene - bar Ace Ventura, Flag Detective - takes them seriously in competitive PvP?

This being said, Torque was the only one who seemed interested in the idea anyway, so as soon as he went it was inevitable that the idea would be scrapped when pug rights, and instant gratification, greatly outweigh a minigame aimed at elitists.

There was never any real intent to make a ranked game format aimed at competitive players, outside of one or two peoples' minds, so don't pretend otherwise.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: Why close the scenario thread...

Post#2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:57 am

Why can’t you just organize a 6v6 death match fight in some locked or dead rvr zone area if you don’t like maps with objectives? If there are people who actually want to do 6v6 fights they will come

Instead of the current way where half the time it’s 6 randoms thrown together because sc pops take so dam long that they que for all scenarios and take the first pop they can get

The devs have already stated in the past that there is limited content in the game to do special gear for 6v6 and 6v6 maps already have greater currency reward and ontop of that Iirc hargrim said they are not doing cosmetic armor so I guess you can’t do that either
Last edited by TenTonHammer on Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#3 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:02 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:33 am This being said, Torque was the only one who seemed interested in the idea anyway, so as soon as he went it was inevitable that the idea would be scrapped when pug rights, and instant gratification, greatly outweigh a minigame aimed at elitists.

And who is disingenuous here?

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#4 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:32 pm

thread was closed because OP got an answer. We do this on a regular basis. And your questions wont be answered because its not set yet hence the vaugeness.

Now opening a new thread wont make that better, and I agree with Hargrims point.

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:58 pm

Hargrim wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:02 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:33 am This being said, Torque was the only one who seemed interested in the idea anyway, so as soon as he went it was inevitable that the idea would be scrapped when pug rights, and instant gratification, greatly outweigh a minigame aimed at elitists.

And who is disingenuous here?
Stating the reality of how things is/were is not what disingenuity means, mate.

That's great to hear, Nath, but I doubt it will amount to something that would tempt all of those prodigal groups and players back. I'd love to be proven wrong.

Reesh

Post#6 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:13 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:57 am Why can’t you just organize a 6v6 death match fight in some locked or dead rvr zone area if you don’t like maps with objectives? If there are people who actually want to do 6v6 fights they will come
That should be pretty obvious - because people who are grouped don't want to search with a torch throught multiple discords, or hopping to another realm to find out if there's any team logged in to fight.

They just want to que and fight whoever it is out there, simple as that. And if that instance happens - they want some good maps and possibly rewards, or even a ranked ladder as it has been mentioned before.

Ysaran

Post#7 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:36 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:33 am ...sorta speaks volumes when every time concerns are brought re scenarios, the thread gets locked.

Let people express their concerns and give feedback without needlessly locking after 1 page. These concerns should be addressed, and answered; simply saying 'we do work on sc', or a vague, ambiguous 'work is being done', won't let people rest easy, and locking said thread just exacerbates the sentiment people have atm. What is in the pipeline for scenarios? What incentives will there be to encourage group play in scenarios, given that such incentives are aplenty in other areas of the game? What's with the terrible, terrible rotations as of late? I'm sorry, but having 4 of the 6 most despised maps constantly in rotation, every week, is hard to attribute to RNG. The list goes on.

PS. Please don't be disingenuous about the reasons as to why ranked was pulled. While it is true that premades would have preferred an arena/pure PvP map, this is because a) having objective-based 6v6 does not work in any of the maps as they are (suggestions were given to at least try and make it work, e.g. changing Blackfire basin and Caledor Woods objectives around a bit to make them un-cheesable), and b) 'ranked' should only apply to PvP, so why incorporate an objective element needlessly when noone in the scene - bar Ace Ventura, Flag Detective - takes them seriously in competitive PvP?

This being said, Torque was the only one who seemed interested in the idea anyway, so as soon as he went it was inevitable that the idea would be scrapped when pug rights, and instant gratification, greatly outweigh a minigame aimed at elitists.

There was never any real intent to make a ranked game format aimed at competitive players, outside of one or two peoples' minds, so don't pretend otherwise.
What do you want exactly?
i ask you this without any second purpose, i'm a profane of both SCs and 6v6. in your opinion what would imprive the SC experience and what would bring back ppl to the game?
Zputadenti

Hargrim
Developer

Post#8 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:39 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:58 pm Stating the reality of how things is/were is not what disingenuity means, mate.

Thing is, I was also interested and invested in it, so much that I even created most of the new system for ranked scenario play. Reality is that your pushy attitude put me off from finishing it or implementing it, mostly the "want everything and more than others'' part of it. You can probably get back to those conversations we had on discord and check yourself to have a little memory refresh.

But if you can't be arsed to do that, let me remind you:

To your idea of having pure pvp arena without any objectives I said sure, but you will get new currency with new rewards, without the option to get the currency for normal SC sets, some kind of ranked board and character named statues in the capitals for each career because this is entirely different type of gameplay than objective based scenarios which we reward with scenario sets. You didn't like the first part and threw a tantrum so I just stopped to discuss it or work on it at all. Same as that Torque bugbear.

I'm glad we could clear the air. Mate.

Ads
Spierron

Post#9 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:10 pm

everything has been done so that the scenarios do not work and that it is unpleasant to do.

it would be necessary to revise the way of how each scenario works but again it requires work and currently the city siege and the future dungeons are more important.

keep hope for the next few years is better, just hope that it is still playable :lol:

Hargrim
Developer

Post#10 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:14 pm

Spierron wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:10 pm everything has been done so that the scenarios do not work and that it is unpleasant to do.

it would be necessary to revise the way of how each scenario works but again it requires work and currently the city siege and the future dungeons are more important.

keep hope for the next few years is better, just hope that it is still playable :lol:

What about you try to not be vague and point exactly what you have in mind? Because I have no idea what you are talking about.