Chinesehero

Unbalanced class numbers???

Post#1 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:14 pm

Make PVE forming group hard
everyone know that 12 classes about half is dps
but the PVE 222 system only need 1/3 dps

therefore, it not balance so every time we hard find a healer or tank in /5
u can notice that we always see someone need healer or tank but not dps

if dps is 50% in the game, the grp content should be consider be 3 dps for all PVE boss so we can easier to from a group
As ROR get more and more PVE stuff but not solve the class balance problems

I think everyone known the maths problem of 222 in a 50% dps class

Ads
herooftime

Re: Unbalanced class numbers???

Post#2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:29 pm

Both BB/BE city dungeons and 2/3 wings of gunbad can be done with 1 tank. I know from experience. if you run 3 dps there is no issue. I'm not quite sure I understand what you want the devs to do about this issue. Yes, if you are a dps its harder to find a group, but as long as you befriend your tanks and healers or join a guild, you shouldn't have issues finding groups

Also yes theoretically there are 12 dps classes out of 24 so 50% of the population is dps, but its also important to note that most players play dps classes. If I was to make a guess, I'd say that the amount of dps classes vs none dps classes is around 65-35.
Hero - RR81 Chosen
Herooftime - RR56 Marauder

Chinesehero

Post#3 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:00 am

herooftime wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:29 pm Both BB/BE city dungeons and 2/3 wings of gunbad can be done with 1 tank. I know from experience. if you run 3 dps there is no issue. I'm not quite sure I understand what you want the devs to do about this issue. Yes, if you are a dps its harder to find a group, but as long as you befriend your tanks and healers or join a guild, you shouldn't have issues finding groups

Also yes theoretically there are 12 dps classes out of 24 so 50% of the population is dps, but its also important to note that most players play dps classes. If I was to make a guess, I'd say that the amount of dps classes vs none dps classes is around 65-35.
222 is normal form of group maybe u dont understand what I am express
just u get 1/2 class is dps and only 1/3 dps in a 6 man group
and u will know tank and healer is shortage every time
25% is tank 25% is healer and 50% is dps
but in a 6 man group they are all 1/3 and this make we hardly find tank or healer in PVE 6 man group

adamthelc

Post#4 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:53 am

50% of the classes being dps doesnt mean 50% of the population is playing dps. People play what they want to play and people tend to play DPS more than support.

You could change 2 of the dps classes to healers there would still be way more dps. As it is people play healers as dps.

222 is the most balanced composition and it makes sense to create fights based on the most balanced group. But as players the most optimal group is the maximum number of dps you can get away with without dying.

I dont think they need to start creating fights with more dps in mind. I have never played a game that didnt have an abundance of dps relative to support.

Ramasee

Post#5 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:49 am

Take WoW for example. Standard dungeons are designed for 1/1/3 group compositions. Even though dps makes up 60% of the group composition, they still have to wait 10-30min. In that game, most classes are capable of playing non-dps roles yet they do not.

Put simply people prefer to kill things than protect/restore them.

DirkDaring

Post#6 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:01 am

Ramasee wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:49 am Take WoW for example. Standard dungeons are designed for 1/1/3 group compositions. Even though dps makes up 60% of the group composition, they still have to wait 10-30min. In that game, most classes are capable of playing non-dps roles yet they do not.

Well said Ram , anyone else find it amusing that a DPS tank is upset about there being to many dps, and not enough healers, or real tanks hehe

Chinesehero

Post#7 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:49 am

adamthelc wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:53 am 50% of the classes being dps doesnt mean 50% of the population is playing dps. People play what they want to play and people tend to play DPS more than support.

You could change 2 of the dps classes to healers there would still be way more dps. As it is people play healers as dps.

222 is the most balanced composition and it makes sense to create fights based on the most balanced group. But as players the most optimal group is the maximum number of dps you can get away with without dying.

I dont think they need to start creating fights with more dps in mind. I have never played a game that didnt have an abundance of dps relative to support.
play sc dps over 50% almost~~~~~~
dps not over 50% population???are u kidding me?

Chinesehero

Post#8 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:30 am

Ramasee wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:49 am Take WoW for example. Standard dungeons are designed for 1/1/3 group compositions. Even though dps makes up 60% of the group composition, they still have to wait 10-30min. In that game, most classes are capable of playing non-dps roles yet they do not.

ror BS or crypt 30mins is very good. sometimes may be 2 hours :D

the composition should be 3dps in a 6 man group but now is 2 dps so we always hard get tank or healer since tank and healer always half of the number of the dps

Ads
Chinesehero

Post#9 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:34 am

i believe if the composition of 6 man changed to 3 dps, the shortage of tank and healer will be improved
As more and more tank and healer finish the dungeons, the harder dps find a group since some of them stop the dungeons after getting full gear

Chinesehero

Post#10 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:41 am

actually i always lead a dungeons group
and only 2dps spot but always 4 or 5 dps asking for spot
tank is the 2nd hard to find and healer always the hardest
and dont argue for argue. some guys just spam argue with me and the actual suituation is dps outnumber the tank and healer
and the group composition should be correct or we always hard to form a group
Some ppl say this game hard form group. because the root not solve. just like in SC order's dps always outnumber tank and healer

no matter how u change the SC system we cant get a good group. OFC, i dont expect a pvp system to get balance but PVE should be do something on it