Recent Topics

Ads

Why close the scenario thread...

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Nekkma

Re: Why close the scenario thread...

Post#51 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:00 am

"Luring" people in to 6vs6 scenarios with carrots such as gear and cosmetic items is a good thing and not a bad thing. If it works that is, and to work it probably needs to be a participation reward and not only winning reward. Attract enough groups participating and you will get various skill levels resulting in new and inexperienced teams not just getting constantly stomped but actually being able to compete versus some teams at least.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Ads
Flavorburst

Post#52 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:06 am

Hargrim wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:47 am I love how it was ignored what I said about proposed rewards for this activity that were deemed not enough by the person with one of the best scen knowledge in the game.

But, please, continue.
I am still unsure what your proposed rewards were.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#53 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:18 am

Go and read the thread then. Why do you post if you don’t?

DokB

Post#54 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:27 am

@Ototo
Being competitive doesn’t make you “hardcore” or elitest, the competitive people are all just a similar likeminded people who want more people to play against. You think the people who enjoy 6v6 don’t have their own lives/jobs? Is it really such a sin to want more competitiveness/cooperation rather than settling for the mindless, stale, non-communicative, monotonous routine of zerg vs zerg or pug SC? Perhaps it is…

@Anarchy
Competition and challenge derive from actually having people to play against. The best way to supplement this is for better incentives to get more people participating. Why do I even need to explain this? If you actually did participate in anything remotely competitive you would already know that no one is in it for the “extra rewards”.

@Hagrim
It wasn’t ignored, your proposals are clearly too heavily in favour of objective-centric scenarios which put less emphasis on actual PvP and more on avoiding the fight and running flags which isn’t fun. If a complete overhaul of the objective system is too much then just say so and be done with it or at least consider the idea of putting Nordenwatch/Gates/BFB into permanent rotation.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Hargrim
Developer

Post#55 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:31 am

DokB wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:27 am@Hagrim
It wasn’t ignored, your proposals are clearly too heavily in favour of objective-centric scenarios which put less emphasis on actual PvP and more on avoiding the fight and running flags which isn’t fun. If a complete overhaul of the objective system is too much then just say so and be done with it or at least consider the idea of putting Nordenwatch/Gates/BFB into permanent rotation.
Well, I highly recommend you re-read what I wrote, because it seem you didn’t. Not that it should matter what I say as a person who can actually change something.

Manatikik

Post#56 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:42 am

Instead of having this devolve further why not use it as an opportunity to post what we think good incentives would be, and vice versa. I agree though a 6v6, no respawn (rez ok obviously) fight to wipe or most kills at 15 minutes is the best way to do a ranked ladder.

Incentives would be cool appearance gear, a decent offspec for SC gear (like what Bloodlord is), or the BiS weapons (which again like what BL is). Or you could just put in liniment drops or what not for wins a long with a ladder.
<Montague><Capulet>

DokB

Post#57 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:45 am

Did you miss what Jono replied in regards to your proposals? You didn’t really address it other than with a snarky reply about memes or something. Actually pretty much all your posts past the end of page 2 are just one liners so...
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Hargrim
Developer

Post#58 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:53 am

DokB wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:45 am Did you miss what Jono replied in regards to your proposals? You didn’t really address it other than with a snarky reply about memes or something. Actually pretty much all your posts past the end of page 2 are just one liners so...

I’ve seen it and I disagree with the premise we should reward stuff obtainable from one type of content in the other type of content. So, current SCs reward objective gameplay in small scale battlegrounds and if hypothetical ranked SCs will one day surface they will not grant those rewards, same as normal SCs doesn’t grant PvE gear or RvR doesn’t grant current SC rewards. This is really simple concept, dunno why some people can’t grasp it.

As for the one liners, there was not much stuff warranting any longer answers.

As for snarky comments - I’m not the one why introduced this type of conversation to this thread, it was the one of the most knowledgable sc players currently in game.

EDIT: I talk about the ranked SCs being just PvP without the objectives, which was proposed by OOTMKP (One Of The Most Knowledgable Players).

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#59 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:56 am

Manatikik wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:42 am Instead of having this devolve further why not use it as an opportunity to post what we think good incentives would be, and vice versa. I agree though a 6v6, no respawn (rez ok obviously) fight to wipe or most kills at 15 minutes is the best way to do a ranked ladder.

Incentives would be cool appearance gear, a decent offspec for SC gear (like what Bloodlord is), or the BiS weapons (which again like what BL is). Or you could just put in liniment drops or what not for wins a long with a ladder.

So why introduce ladder or statues if the most important thing are incentives?

DokB

Post#60 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:29 am

Then perhaps the easier thing is to add a new set to SC rewards, one which is equivalent with BL/Invader? I’m not saying new sets are easy to stat and create but it would be a good first step in breathing life back into them, rather than overhauling objectives or adding ladders.

And there’s no need to be so contemptuous in your replies to me my friend, otherwise you are going to end up looking like a OOTSC (One Of The Snarkiest Cunts).
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard