Recent Topics

Ads

Why close the scenario thread...

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
anarchypark

Re: Why close the scenario thread...

Post#101 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:10 pm

Reesh wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:30 pm In an mmo, every aspect in a game should have progression attached to it.

If you're doing something and getting nothing in reward - then you can do that a couple times in week/month, but not more.

If you don't have a sense of progression for doing something for countless hours, even if it's fun, you won't be doing that.

-> that is happening with scenarios currently.

Do you think, that people are wasting 100+ hours in forts because they're "fun", or they're having "epic and engaging fights" out there?
No.
They do that, because they get free currency and 30k rr ticks either by topping the killblow charts, or by hiding behind a tree for an hour, whilst watching some Netflix.

Give people cool stuff in ranked scs territory, with well predesignated 1-2 maps, and you will see a lot more movement on the server, with new groups arising.

and SC win rp/emblems are not reward?
is 1 wipe and sit at wc till end any different than afk fort?
it will happen a lot in no-objective SC for sure.
it'll be short and quick than fort. very good for farm.
why reward such effort more than normal SC ?

if you really want competition and no-objective play, just do it with same reward as normal sc.
you'll get what u want, competition and no-objective.
extra reward only create new way of farming.

it'll seperate SC population even more but if that's what u want, so be it?
actually i won't get headache from nobrain wc pushers.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Ototo

Post#102 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:14 pm

@Reesh Then I don't understand you, so, why playing a game? Self satisfaction of watching the top gear in a character is not fun. They are simply well designed items, pieces of art in coding, balancing numbers, and art. Watching them is not enjoyment in my eyes. More like self gratification. If you want that, there are plenty other parts of the game to get them, so, why segregate scenario players to their own gear? Also, are there not rewards right now?

Sorry, but the more I read the less I get about what you consider fun or rewarding, guys :(
Spoiler:

peterthepan3

Post#103 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:24 pm

You're absolutely right re population, but if 4/5 years of experience on RoR has shown me anything, its that people will come back and take part if its fun. 6v6 has seen events amassing loads of spectators, hundreds on streams - more than any other area of the game. Whether people want to admit it or not, there is an interest in competitive PvP; the hard part is enticing people to be brave enough to try it out. T2/T3 had looooads of premades queuing during prime time, who have all left, so why not try to tempt them back? Is it not worth at least trying?

Even if you only end up with a handful of premades doing it, it would still be seen as a much needed boon for that segment of the community, making them feel validated. Is this alone not worth it? We have already validated PvE players, roleplayers (all them PQ fixes and cool events with cool storylines), zerg players, general pug play, AFKers. Similarly, we should also promote organised WB play as incentives for that seem lacking when one looks at how forts operate.

@anarchy

No one is advocating removing all flag-based scenarios from the game. Don't worry. And no, incase you didn't know, there is no point in doing scenarios anymore. Check Bastion Stair loot.

Tesq

Post#104 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:37 pm

what peter said.....also i add

sc will die out
rvr will die out
ror will became a pve game at max into 2021

unless someon explain me how is possible the best shield for tank is right now in bastion stairs
-higher block avaiable in game
-higher toughness value avaiable in game
- also buff 5% (or whatever ) toughness and armor...lol?

stop with pve gear to always be top notch, just look at tank sentinel shenanigans (ignoring snare you really)?????

Reesh

Post#105 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:40 pm

Spoiler:
Ototo wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:14 pm @Reesh Then I don't understand you, so, why playing a game? Self satisfaction of watching the top gear in a character is not fun. They are simply well designed items, pieces of art in coding, balancing numbers, and art. Watching them is not enjoyment in my eyes. More like self gratification. If you want that, there are plenty other parts of the game to get them, so, why segregate scenario players to their own gear? Also, are there not rewards right now?

Sorry, but the more I read the less I get about what you consider fun or rewarding, guys :(
As Peter said, sc gear is way too bad in comparison to new fort and pve sets. Wait till fort weapons come - 1 sc pop per 3 hours, that's my prediction.

There is no enjoyment in a game mode, when you have to wait 30minutes up to 2hours for an SC to pop, because of how sc handler works and, because people don't que anymore because of how low of an value it has.
Basically right now - subpar gear and renown. You get everything and more via pve and rvr.

That's why one of the best modes that game has to offer is dying, or is dead already.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#106 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:00 pm

Was it ever a time when 6v6 on RoR was a thing, or there was always something standing in the way?

Tesq

Post#107 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:07 pm

Hargrim wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:00 pm Was it ever a time when 6v6 on RoR was a thing, or there was always something standing in the way?
it's not only 6vs6, the whole sc world pop is suffering for how the gear is deployed in game and as all of the mode (off , heal, def gear) is deployed in game. And it is in bad state since forts / BB-BE

Hargrim
Developer

Post#108 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:09 pm

Tesq wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:07 pm
Hargrim wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:00 pm Was it ever a time when 6v6 on RoR was a thing, or there was always something standing in the way?
it's not only 6vs6, the whole sc world pop is suffering for how the gear is deployed in game and as all of the mode (off , heal, def gear) is deployed in game. And it is in bad state since forts / BB-BE

If you can’t answer my question please don’t quote me. Thank you.

Ads
Tesq

Post#109 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:10 pm

Hargrim wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:09 pm
Tesq wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:07 pm

If you can’t answer my question please don’t quote me. Thank you.

fine, it was around t2/t3 times as peter said, aswell as start of t4, i used to premade and dobule premade aswell....

AND

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#110 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:34 pm

Gear is in rvr / pve and weapons are scenario. On live bastion stair had +8% crit (great weapons) and no one said anything about those.

Your concern about gear will be gone once warlord and sovereign will be out and reckoning weapons will drop in scenario .
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer