Recent Topics

Ads

Why close the scenario thread...

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: Why close the scenario thread...

Post#111 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:36 pm

To answer scenario players, I Am working on a arena scenario that will please most 6vs6 scenario players . Rewards are still being discussed internally.
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
yaseer1995

Post#112 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:41 pm

Tesq wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:37 pm what peter said.....also i add

sc will die out
rvr will die out
ror will became a pve game at max into 2021

unless someon explain me how is possible the best shield for tank is right now in bastion stairs
-higher block avaiable in game
-higher toughness value avaiable in game
- also buff 5% (or whatever ) toughness and armor...lol?

stop with pve gear to always be top notch, just look at tank sentinel shenanigans (ignoring snare you really)?????
ya this really saddens me I just discovered this amazing game a couple of months ago and I've been completely hooked i never enjoyed PvP in other MMO's but my small time here has been amazing due to the fact that the game is mainly built around PvP, your gear is obtained from partaking in PvP but this direction towards catering more to PvE along with giving it the BiS gear (e.g. mara weapon wil have supposedly 5% dmg increase on the weapon, keep in mind that vanquisher 6 pc bonus is 4% dmg) has really started to put me off and im already searching for another PvP game since there is still more PvE content to be released with better gear im assuming. Keeping in midn the topic of the thread i'd kinda agree with OP I really enjoyed the SCs as a PuG player when i started as there were adequate rewards. I would still play them as the BiS weapon was obtained through there i believe but with the announcement of Bastion stair weapons I have no drive to participate in those and judging by how long it takes for one to pop I'd assume others might feel the same way. I would suggest that if the devs want to repopulate SCs a bit some weapons or gear is warranted which is somewhat equivalent to the PVE gear, it does'nt have to be better that it just not the substantial difference it has currently (i.e. something like 5% dmg buff which is'nt a small increase which only the hardcore min-maxers would care about). It would give players an incentive to participate in them who do not want to engage in PvE albeit a slightly lesser one than those who do put in the time in for PvE.

Ototo

Post#113 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:43 pm

sc will die out
rvr will die out

unless someon explain me how is possible the best shield for tank is right now in bastion stairs

stop with pve gear to always be top notch, just look at tank sentinel shenanigans (ignoring snare you really)?????
PvE.... LoL

Do you understand that is BiS for a couple months or so? Do you understand that RvR equipment will be top?

I know you do, and I know all you do. That's what piss me off. That you can't wait a couple months without having the current-absolute-top-the-notch-item-in-this-slot. If you want it, go to BS. That simple. You are not forced to have it, and the one you are currently usi ng is most likely 1% worse, but "The game is going PvE".......
Spoiler:

peterthepan3

Post#114 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:46 pm

Ototo wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:43 pm

sc will die out
rvr will die out

PvE.... LoL

Do you understand that is BiS for a couple months or so? Do you understand that RvR equipment will be top?

I know you do, and I know all you do. That's what piss me off. That you can't wait a couple months without having the current-absolute-top-the-notch-item-in-this-slot. If you want it, go to BS. That simple. You are not forced to have it, and the one you are currently usi ng is most likely 1% worse, but "The game is going PvE".......
So your solution is for players who like smallscale to bite their tongue for 'a couple of months' in the hopes that it will become meaningful again, even though it was stated that there wouldn't be any more SC sets? Aren't you the same dude who said people have jobs, families, and 1.2342 seconds to play a day now? Why would such players stick around for a couple of months if their 1.2342 seconds was no longer enjoyable for them? :D

@Grunbag

That's great to hear.

Ototo

Post#115 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:14 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:46 pm
Ototo wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:43 pm If you want it, go to BS. That simple. You are not forced to have it.
So your solution is for players who like smallscale to bite their tongue for 'a couple of months' in the hopes that it will become meaningful again, even though it was stated that there wouldn't be any more SC sets?(...)
My solution is that. Deal with it and stop spamming the lie that the game is going PvE. Do you want to be everything given for scenario participation? I don't. I want end game gear to be tied to RvR lakes. Read that. End game, not beta end game. And if you get stomped for a 1% less X in stats, I want proves, cause that sounds to me like another obvious lie.
Spoiler:

Sulorie

Post#116 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:37 pm

I wish BS set would be even better than Oppressor for dps sham/am but it is not the case. So there are hardly any sc and a new not-so-good armor set designed for those class builds. The new weapons from BS will tank your wounds values by a lot. Only way to compensate is to use 2pc BS but this needs max influence and therefore an extreme grind compared to sentinel set.

Roll back the sc queue changes and it would improve sc play by a lot alone. Then we can think about incentives to promote making groups for sc.
Dying is no option.

peterthepan3

Post#117 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:59 pm

Ototo wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:14 pm
Ototo wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:43 pm If you want it, go to BS. That simple. You are not forced to have it.
So your solution is for players who like smallscale to bite their tongue for 'a couple of months' in the hopes that it will become meaningful again, even though it was stated that there wouldn't be any more SC sets?(...)
My solution is that. Deal with it and stop spamming the lie that the game is going PvE. Do you want to be everything given for scenario participation? I don't. I want end game gear to be tied to RvR lakes. Read that. End game, not beta end game. And if you get stomped for a 1% less X in stats, I want proves, cause that sounds to me like another obvious lie.
1) Thankfully, you're not in charge of the game, because such a dismissive, blase approach would kill off smallscale 10x quicker than is currently the case!
2) It isn't a lie: offensive gear and weapons have literally gone over to PvE from scenarios, with offensive sets for tanks and heals having been attainable via scenarios beforehand, and the new weapons looking like carbon copies of the rr61, with an added 5% damage to boot. I am curious as to what your reply to this will be.
3) Who said anything about getting stomped by 1% stats? You're strawmanning harrrrd today, bro! We have been talking about incentivising all areas of the game: saying 'but scenario is already incentivised' is disingenuous because the gear and weapons it offers is either redundant or outgunned by alternatives from other parts of the game. What is also disingenuous is to deliberately downplay the effect such items will have on the game.
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tesq

Post#118 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:02 pm

sc will die out
rvr will die out

PvE.... LoL

Lol wait what??? Sc weapons has alredy been relased and is on par with rvr wepons is just a build choice, plus rvr is in fort, so is grind as hell im not plan to do anything as exatly as you said grind to grind for sake of grind like a grind zombie.

Nope not gona do that. And all other ppl with which i've played till now not really incline to do that too (just look server pop..)

Unless invader will became avaiable out of fortress im not gona do that grind/zerg surf lol fortress nonesense defense/atk. It's either the end of the run for me or wait till warlord when they gona make easy get invader and always play 1 set behind lol. At last till sov IF they will not introduce more sets......sad but ehi balance is bad, gear is bad, access is bad aswell... why bother.... writing here hopeing for some miracle it is less time consuming than be a grind zombie. Keep a game alive for the sake of keeping alive jus dont make it worth/fun.

Ads
Tesq

Post#119 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:06 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:59 pm
Ototo wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:14 pm

1) Thankfully, you're not in charge of the game, because such a dismissive, blase approach would kill off smallscale 10x quicker than is currently the case!
2) It isn't a lie: offensive gear and weapons have literally gone over to PvE from/b] scenarios, with offensive sets for tanks and heals having been attainable via scenarios beforehand, and the new weapons looking like carbon copies of the rr61, with an added 5% damage to boot. I am curious as to what your reply to this will be.
3) Who said anything about getting stomped by 1% stats? You're strawmanning harrrrd today, bro! We have been talking about incentivising all areas of the game: saying 'but scenario is already incentivised' is disingenuous because the gear and weapons it offers is either redundant or outgunned by alternatives from other parts of the game. What is also disingenuous is to deliberately downplay the effect such items will have on the game.

Useless try.... tyrinnical regime dont allow reasoning or you will still be balance mod.....and penril would still be a balance mod aswell... And we would had off set into sc and hybrid in pve or viceversa....

Hargrim
Developer

Post#120 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:18 pm

Tesq wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:02 pm

sc will die out
rvr will die out

PvE.... LoL

Lol wait what??? Sc weapons has alredy been relased and is on par with rvr wepons is just a build choice, plus rvr is in fort, so is grind as hell im not plan to do anything as exatly as you said grind to grind for sake of grind like a grind zombie.

Nope not gona do that. And all other ppl with which i've played till now not really incline to do that too (just look server pop..)

Unless invader will became avaiable out of fortress im not gona do that grind/zerg surf lol fortress nonesense defense/atk. It's either the end of the run for me or wait till warlord when they gona make easy get invader and always play 1 set behind lol. At last till sov IF they will not introduce more sets......sad but ehi balance is bad, gear is bad, access is bad aswell... why bother.... writing here hopeing for some miracle it is less time consuming than be a grind zombie. Keep a game alive for the sake of keeping alive jus dont make it worth/fun.

Bye!