Recent Topics

Ads

Off and def 2H BG

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Anomanderake

Off and def 2H BG

Post#1 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:06 pm

“Why in the hell would you use a shield?”

I’ve been in RoR for 5 years, but with pretty major interruption. Probably I played actively a year in total, and since my old swordmaster got deleted my main is my bg. Approaching the RR 70 (i’m at 69, 35% of bar filled, and I have 10 rr pot, so cross fingers) I started about thinking a really offensive spec, hoping I will be able to find a spot in WBs thanks to my hig RR xD anyway, I usually play small group or 6 man premade (sorta of) in both rvr and SC, so that’s where I want to be optimized. (Note that I also pug sc).

I was thinking about a spec like this:
RoR.builders - Black g

I’ve got two vanquisher pieces and I have subjugator glaive and genesis warrior, so I would go: 2 vanq+4 oppressor, genesis and subjugator (until I will be able to upgrade my weapons, but i’m still grinding oppressor). All talisman are str. Actually PVE gear isn’t an option because, let’s face that, if I would like to play pve I could just my stamblade in elder scroll online. I’m here for pvp.

Where i am unsure is about RR. I would invest in deft defender -> futile strike -> crit chanche, with a little bit of investment in parry in order to mitigate guard damage, the idea is to reach ~50% when at 100 hate. Anyway I would like some suggestions here.

Otherwise, I have another spec, wich is the one i’m currently running, and it’s still viable at 70+. Same gear as before:

RoR.builders - Black Guard

Rr: reflex and deft defender capped, futile strikes III (0% chance), remaining splitted trought str and tough. Usually i’m Able to cap toughness when buffed by my proc, and still have 630~ of str. 50% disrupt and 66% parry at 100 hate.

Since I restarted by just a week, I would like to have some suggestions/feedback about effectiveness of my programmed specs, RR points and gear - I would also like to know wich one of the to specs would be most valuable in both WB and smallmen environment atm.

Thanks!
Purake - BG 7X - GoD

For the Gaer Daecos' Freedoms

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: Off and def 2H BG

Post#2 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:25 pm

As long as you have crimson death and hastened doom you shouldn’t have any trouble finding a place in warbands

The first spec is my go to

kmark101

Post#3 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:32 pm

Wow BG is so much more powerful than its "mirror" it's not even a competition... it's like mixed knight survivablity and IB's damage into one class and buff it by 100%... and people wondering why Order lacks tanks...
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:33 pm

kmark101 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:32 pm Wow BG is so much more powerful than its "mirror" it's not even a competition... it's like mixed knight survivablity and IB's damage into one class and buff it by 100%... and people wondering why Order lacks tanks...

Competent 2H IB is the scariest tank to come up against in a 6v6: AoE snare hitting like a truck, 25% parry for multiple people, KD, crit buff, Runic Shield, core AA haste buff, amazing tactics that make you incredibly mobile/resilient to snares and KDs...stop talking ****.

kmark101

Post#5 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:53 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:33 pm
kmark101 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:32 pm Wow BG is so much more powerful than its "mirror" it's not even a competition... it's like mixed knight survivablity and IB's damage into one class and buff it by 100%... and people wondering why Order lacks tanks...
Competent 2H IB is the scariest tank to come up against in a 6v6: AoE snare hitting like a truck, 25% parry for multiple people, KD, crit buff, Runic Shield, core AA haste buff, amazing tactics that make you incredibly mobile/resilient to snares and KDs...stop talking ****.
So much false and clueless information here it almost hurts. 2H IB is not a good option nowadays due to how the game and gear evolved, but not gonna hijack this thread anymore. Out of your listed crap, first of all the "hit like a truck" means 3-400 damage with 100 grudge against equal gear... thats a really shitty truck. Nothing makes you "incredibly mobile/resilient" what the heck are you talking about? You literally have no skill that does that... even your toughness buff is extremely subpar to BG, or even to a potion... pls stop posting about IB forever, you have no idea, only seen some old videos probably when the game (and gear level) was way different.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

hogun

Post#6 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:05 pm

Have you ever played IB?

I don't want to be rude but clearly those who post on classes should show that they have played this class personally.
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

peterthepan3

Post#7 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:15 pm

kmark101 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:53 pm
So much false and clueless information here it almost hurts. 2H IB is not a good option nowadays due to how the game and gear evolved, but not gonna hijack this thread anymore. Out of your listed crap, first of all the "hit like a truck" means 3-400 damage with 100 grudge against equal gear... thats a really shitty truck. Nothing makes you "incredibly mobile/resilient" what the heck are you talking about? You literally have no skill that does that... even your toughness buff is extremely subpar to BG, or even to a potion... pls stop posting about IB forever, you have no idea, only seen some old videos probably when the game (and gear level) was way different.
Another random IB who has no experience whatsoever of the class at a high level, it seems: Stoutness of Stone + Seen it all before are the 2 tactics that make IB incredibly resilient vs snares, the damage is very good when you learn how to stack DoTs (IB is a DoT-based class, incase you didn't realise), and the survivability is very good.

You're just bringing forth the same old anecdotal solo IB complaints. Good players will recognise how potent the IB is.

@ Hogun: Yes, I have played the class (check my Youtube for old clips). It's **** insane in trispec: it has great damage, great survivability (25% parry, runic, amazing M2), great CC (KB, KD, AoE snare, movement barb) and utility (crit debuff, crit buff, willpower buff, WS buff, and an outgoing HD that cucks DOKs).

Do you play the class? Because anyone pretending the IB is a bad class is either lying through their teeth, or doesn't possess the ability to play a class that requires such micromanagement/awareness - or both.
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.

TenTonHammer

Post#8 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:19 pm

kmark101 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:53 pm Nothing makes you "incredibly mobile/resilient" what the heck are you talking about? You literally have no skill that does that... even your toughness buff is extremely subpar to BG, or even to a potion... pls stop posting about IB forever, you have no idea, only seen some old videos probably when the game (and gear level) was way different.
First off, grumble and mutter

and 2H bg is never able to spec into their mirror option because of how much they have to invest into malice

secondly, BG and IB tough buff has the same scaling and duration

Ads
kmark101

Post#9 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:42 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:15 pm
kmark101 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:53 pm
Another random IB who has no experience whatsoever of the class at a high level, it seems: Stoutness of Stone + Seen it all before are the 2 tactics that make IB incredibly resilient vs snares, the damage is very good when you learn how to stack DoTs (IB is a DoT-based class, incase you didn't realise), and the survivability is very good.

You're just bringing forth the same old anecdotal solo IB complaints. Good players will recognise how potent the IB is.

@ Hogun: Yes, I have played the class (check my Youtube for old clips). It's **** insane in trispec: it has great damage, great survivability (25% parry, runic, amazing M2), great CC (KB, KD, AoE snare, movement barb) and utility (crit debuff, crit buff, willpower buff, WS buff, and an outgoing HD that cucks DOKs).

Do you play the class? Because anyone pretending the IB is a bad class is either lying through their teeth, or doesn't possess the ability to play a class that requires such micromanagement/awareness - or both.
In case you forgot, we started to talk about 2H builds, as it was the main point of the original post for BG as well (no shields). I yet to see any IB ever that is able to slot those 2 tactics to a 2H build... "how to stack DoT's" do you know what happens to those mighty max 100hp Dot's after a detaunt? You just never played this class. SnB is the only viable option for IB's nowadays, but they are even subpar in that due to how skills are distributed and the outdated flat numbers they do.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

kmark101

Post#10 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:44 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:19 pm secondly, BG and IB tough buff has the same scaling and duration
Umm, no? BG has a % scaling based on its toughness, that's how it can go really high. IB's is a flat number, and when you spec 2H, that number is so low you are better off with a 80 toughness potion... Seriously people should stop living in legends and videos of a previous era/gear level.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker