Recent Topics

Ads

Bring back Xrealm chat for July 4th Holiday weekend

Let's talk about... everything else
Jastojan

Re: Bring back Xrealm chat for July 4th Holiday weekend

Post#11 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:38 am

Ototo wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:31 am I love when people suggest to bring back things that obviously failed. It's a prove that you can't trust other person memory nor intentions.
+1

Ads
CoffeeForAll

Post#12 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:38 am

You don't think that the GM's are busy enough already? How about bringing it back for one day only, 1'st of april might be a good fit.
Last edited by CoffeeForAll on Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chise

Post#13 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:42 pm

How about a x-realm channel ? off by default so people are not exposed to cancer
make it /10 , /x, or /salt

kirraha

Post#14 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:12 pm

Pls... I just got over the "Dwarves of Ekrund" spam.

No just joking. Id love xrealm chat even fkr a day. I miss talking to some enemies and get hatespeech from others.

Ainu

Post#15 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:39 pm

I'm totally disagree. If this proposal would be considered seriously, then make a wide voting please.
Eversong

peterthepan3

Post#16 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:45 pm

Ototo wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:31 am I love when people suggest to bring back things that obviously failed. It's a prove that you can't trust other person memory nor intentions.
It didn't fail; it just didn't work on a server with an abundance of carebear Sensitive Sarahs who couldn't figure out how the /ignore function works.

Jog on with the 'can't trust!' xD

bwdaWAR

Post#17 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:05 pm

This function was disabled purely for staff convenience - they made that pretty clear at the time. Only a small number of players were negatively affected by the cross-realm chat, at least judging from the player reactions at the time since most people who commented were protesting against having it removed. Their server, their rules though, and it's understandable that they don't want to have to deal with toxic situations like that.
I admit I do miss the cross-realm chat as I recall a lot of friendly banter and nothing too hostile. But maybe I just wasn't good enough in PvP to trigger people into verbal abuse.

Reesh

Post#18 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:19 pm

Bring it back.

It enabled for players to talk to each other whatever the side you are in. Chatting with someone about how he played well and getting insights were golden.

And if sensitive carebears have issues with any kind of chat, as has been said, there's the /ignore function.

This is MMORPG (Massively-Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game),
Not a MSORPG (Massively-Solo Online Role-Playing Game) - aka, i don't want anyone to pm me, or comment my skill level out of the sudden or i'll cry.

Ads
Haskr

Post#19 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:25 pm

I liked the x-realm chat, never experienced something bad about it but got to know a few ppl from the other side.

Sulorie

Post#20 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:00 pm

I miss the "reported for hacking"-msgs followed by /ignore, before you can respond. :D
Dying is no option.