Ads

Bring back Xrealm chat for July 4th Holiday weekend

Let's talk about... everything else
Acidic

Re: Bring back Xrealm chat for July 4th Holiday weekend

Post#31 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:55 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:48 pm
Ototo wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:35 pm

So, just to make it clear, if a person has feelings that can be hurt by words...
...then they shouldn't be on the bloody Internet, let alone a MMO which will see their playstyle potentially mocked and ridiculed (particularly if newer player).

If you are that sensitive to words from people you will never meet on a computer game, then I truly envy you, as your life must be great to find such trivial things upsetting.

Tldr; carebears who couldn't simply ignore the 'offenders 'ruined it for the rest of us who had a pair strapped on (this is what people mean when they say the game has become far too happy-puggy-carebear).
This mentality of believing that you have a right to be an ass is good enough proof that x-real chat removal is a good thing

Ads
Ototo

Post#32 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:56 pm

@Haskr

Indeed. If an skill has an exploit, nerf the hell out of it, instead of trying to ask people not to use it. Cause the problem is not people that want fair grounds, but people that want to exploit the hell out it. Laws are not made to make people that want to behave correctly do so, but to protect them and punish those that don't. And bullying is not a joke. I am glad that you have never suffer from depression or anxiety, but if you sadly ever do, you will discover how hurtful can words be.
Spoiler:

DanielWinner

Post#33 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:01 pm

Though if someone really used a cross-realm chat to insult other person then he/she could be reported to GM.
Banter is another thing. It can be understandable and accepted unless someone cross the line in being severe and consistent in offense.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Haskr

Post#34 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:03 pm

Ototo wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:56 pm @Haskr

Indeed. If an skill has an exploit, nerf the hell out of it, instead of trying to ask people not to use it. Cause the problem is not people that want fair grounds, but people that want to exploit the hell out it. Laws are not made to make people that want to behave correctly do so, but to protect them and punish those that don't. And bullying is not a joke. I am glad that you have never suffer from depression or anxiety, but if you sadly ever do, you will discover how hurtful can words be.
1. What was the exploit from the x-realm chat? Hurtful words? The answer was given: ignore function

2. According to your logic anything that could offend anybody should be restricted.

3. What the schmack do you know about me? Maybe im the most depressed guy since Franklin Pierce.

**** internet psychologists :lol:

bwdaWAR

Post#35 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:06 pm

Ototo wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:35 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:45 pm
Ototo wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:31 am I love when people suggest to bring back things that obviously failed. It's a prove that you can't trust other person memory nor intentions.
It didn't fail; it just didn't work on a server with an abundance of carebear Sensitive Sarahs who couldn't figure out how the /ignore function works.

Jog on with the 'can't trust!' xD
So, just to make it clear, if a person has feelings that can be hurt by words, like in example a person with depression, it's a an (acronym for other way worse word that the one you are using to slang the hell out of it).

This may sounds like something new to you, but you are not supposed to ignore characters; people are supposed to behave correctly.
While this is technically true, the sad truth is that there always will be people who enjoy abusing others and you have to develop that proverbial thicker skin to protect yourself from that. Due to the anonymity and indirect communication style of the Internet, people are much more likely to do that here.
If you are depressed or otherwise in a poor mood, you really shouldn't play a very competitive (PvP-oriented) game where players have a tendency not to handle the in-game conflict very well. Instead you should limit your online interactions to people you know and trust will show you empathy rather than the indifference or outright abuse that you can expect from the generic Internet crowd.

Ototo

Post#36 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:07 pm

Haskr wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:03 pm

1. What was the exploit from the x-realm chat? Hurtful words? The answer was given: ignore function

2. According to your logic anything that could offend anybody should be restricted.

3. What the schmack do you know about me? Maybe im the most depressed guy since Franklin Pierce.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/black-or-white
Spoiler:

Haskr

Post#37 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:12 pm

Ototo wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:07 pm
Haskr wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:03 pm

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/black-or-white
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-emotion

peterthepan3

Post#38 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:49 pm

@Acidic

Not once did I endorse being an ass on purpose. I am saying that, should you feel personally attacked by words uttered online in a video game, you already have ample ways of dealing with it: ignore function, solicit the help of a GM, turn off the game, turn off the monitor, etc. None of these necessitate the removal of a x-realm chat feature that was loved by a huuuge chunk of the community.

@Ototo

I would never laugh about depression (I have family members who are clinically depressed), but if you are depressed then I echo the comments made above, and suggest that you don't play PvP MMOs. Relaxing singleplayer RPGs are much better when you are in such a frame of mind.

I also don't get how disabling x-realm chat would prevent your depression from exacerbating when you can still be sent PMs/'verbal abuse' by your own realm mates. This is why the ignore function was created, and why GMs exist.

Ignore him, Haskr: Ototo tends to regurgitate (incorrectly) the same old 'black-or-white logical fallacy!' stuff when he runs out of things to say.

Ads
Ototo

Post#39 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:48 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:49 pm @Acidic

Not once did I endorse being an ass on purpose. I am saying that, should you feel personally attacked by words uttered online in a video game, you already have ample ways of dealing with it: ignore function, solicit the help of a GM, turn off the game, turn off the monitor, etc. None of these necessitate the removal of a x-realm chat feature that was loved by a huuuge chunk of the community.

@Ototo

I would never laugh about depression (I have family members who are clinically depressed), but if you are depressed then I echo the comments made above, and suggest that you don't play PvP MMOs. Relaxing singleplayer RPGs are much better when you are in such a frame of mind.

I also don't get how disabling x-realm chat would prevent your depression from exacerbating when you can still be sent PMs/'verbal abuse' by your own realm mates. This is why the ignore function was created, and why GMs exist.

Ignore him, Haskr: Ototo tends to regurgitate (incorrectly) the same old 'black-or-white logical fallacy!' stuff when he runs out of things to say.
That you try to put the blame in the victim just makes me sick. I'm done here cause, indeed, this is emotional for me.
Spoiler:

Reesh

Post#40 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:01 pm