Recent Topics

Ads

Should I attempt this game again?

Let's talk about... everything else
Sec0nd

Should I attempt this game again?

Post#1 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:43 pm

I’ve taken interest into this game once again, I attempted to play around last December. I had some computer issues. Should I try this game again?

last thing i remember is this game taking 3+ hours to install

Ads
CoffeeForAll

Re: Should I attempt this game again?

Post#2 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:39 am

You should use the torrent to download the game if you intend to give it another go.

bossabe

Post#3 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:15 am

i hope you have time and patience

CountTalabecland

Post#4 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:30 am

Absolutey you should attempt it.

The game has always been possible to download and it should never take that long. Due to patches, you need to follow the steps on the forum or the Zarbix video on Youtube to install from a torrent. The download page on the website does not work.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

havartii

Post#5 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:50 am

Is still a work in progress, server crashes are normal, class balance is not very good and does not get fixed. They do a lot of pve fixes , but not why most of us play the game. Xrealming is pretty bad as well, as soon as one side does bad people switch to winning side to rank their toons. I think most people like myself just log in because they once loved the lore and the game. I think the Dev team is small and is non profit, so you really can't expect them to do much.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Warfare80

Post#6 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:39 am

Devs have made a very good job with this game,and if you have questions they will answer. Some of them are salty and can be abit rude, but imo thats ok considering the effort they put into fixing the game :D

The factionbalance seems stabile, order have dominated awhile but i get the feeling destro is slowly making their way up the foodchain.

Both sides have classes wich cause rage on the otherside (but its getting better)

Serverhealth seems pretty good, some lag during zergfights, but organized guilds slowly starting to switch zones to spread the preassure on the server.

PvE is growing and they have added some dungeons with very good gear
(yes some classes now must farm PvE to get the gear they need)

I hope you enjoy the game as the rest of us does,welcome back :)
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

Wdova

Post#7 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:45 am

havartii wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:50 am Is still a work in progress, server crashes are normal, class balance is not very good and does not get fixed. They do a lot of pve fixes , but not why most of us play the game. Xrealming is pretty bad as well, as soon as one side does bad people switch to winning side to rank their toons. I think most people like myself just log in because they once loved the lore and the game. I think the Dev team is small and is non profit, so you really can't expect them to do much.
Yep, thats why game progress from barely working T1 with lvl 10 endgame in to t4 fort fights and gunbad/city/bastion dungeons :-D

Huge progres for small dev team with no profit if you ask me.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Anomanderake

Post#8 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:15 am

Game is good and server also. Quality side is pretty close to pay-to-play mmos, if you ask me. Sometimes even better. Solid balance and fights. Questionable pve development, but not about the content itself, more because it force you to pve in order to BiS gear some specs. Not a big deal anyway.
If this game suffers something it’s the fact the game itself is old. Basically it’s the same as live with less contents. In a world where mmos are going to be fast paced, not “tank-healer-dps” related, and with dinamic targeting, the strict aderence to holy trinity, tab targeting system and a pretty old graphic is vintage at best, obsolete at worst. But it’s a free server and one of the few games able to provide a full-pvp experience, so it’s worth trying.
Last edited by Anomanderake on Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purake - BG 7X - GoD

For the Gaer Daecos' Freedoms

Ads
Likeaboss

Post#9 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:53 am

Game is still pretty oke

Just a tipp, if you don't want to get frustrated, play Destro...
Otherways you will get pulled arround by choppas warpspeed range pull and get smacked by a ton of meele squigs. Sadly Order lovin dev's are gone... now it is like it was on live server, destro prefered.

At least when you take a look at the latest changes, chopper, WE buff and again WL nerf.

But as always, destroction players will answer that with: "Nerf Rampage" a buff which can be removed easily :lol:

Ysaran

Post#10 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:03 pm

Sec0nd wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:43 pm I’ve taken interest into this game once again, I attempted to play around last December. I had some computer issues. Should I try this game again?

last thing i remember is this game taking 3+ hours to install
The only problem of this game is the community.
Zputadenti