Recent Topics

Ads

Should I attempt this game again?

Let's talk about... everything else
TenTonHammer

Re: Should I attempt this game again?

Post#11 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:41 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:30 am Absolutey you should attempt it.

The game has always been possible to download and it should never take that long. Due to patches, you need to follow the steps on the forum or the Zarbix video on Youtube to install from a torrent. The download page on the website does not work.
Updating the ror launcher for the first time where it downloads art, world etc can take a while espically if it errors and you have to start all over again

Ads
Toonman

Post#12 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:24 pm

Ysaran wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:03 pm The only problem of this game is the community.
Tru dat. 90% of them like to blob around avoiding fights.

CountTalabecland

Post#13 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:30 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:41 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:30 am Absolutey you should attempt it.

The game has always been possible to download and it should never take that long. Due to patches, you need to follow the steps on the forum or the Zarbix video on Youtube to install from a torrent. The download page on the website does not work.
Updating the ror launcher for the first time where it downloads art, world etc can take a while espically if it errors and you have to start all over again
IIRC when I last downloaded in January on a new pc it took roughly half an hour? My point is that if you start the update and it estimates 3 days, something is wrong and people should not waste time waiting.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

peterthepan3

Post#14 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:54 pm

If you like casual fun then you should play: good PvE, gear isnt hard to get from RvR blobbing, and PvP (generally) pretty relaxing due to lack of tryhards.

Kragg

Post#15 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:58 pm

havartii wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:50 am Is still a work in progress, server crashes are normal, class balance is not very good and does not get fixed. They do a lot of pve fixes , but not why most of us play the game. Xrealming is pretty bad as well, as soon as one side does bad people switch to winning side to rank their toons. I think most people like myself just log in because they once loved the lore and the game. I think the Dev team is small and is non profit, so you really can't expect them to do much.
You must be alot of fun at parties.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Asherdoom

Post#16 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:18 pm

Sec0nd wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:43 pm I’ve taken interest into this game once again, I attempted to play around last December. I had some computer issues. Should I try this game again?

last thing i remember is this game taking 3+ hours to install
game is NOT wow, i mean content is handicapped due to early shut down of the retail game but is enjoyable. the only thing i recommend you exop as fast as you can because tier 1 rvr is PURE CANCER. group up with someone and farm pq/aoe grind exp and get to t2+ asap, renown will come later on. All in all is a good casual game.

Martok

Post#17 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:00 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:18 pmThe only thing i recommend you exop as fast as you can because tier 1 rvr is PURE CANCER.

Not an appropriate metaphor.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Finejeez

Post#18 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:31 pm

You have nothing to lose. The game is free to play...

Ads
Haskr

Post#19 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:54 pm

Martok wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:00 pm
Asherdoom wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:18 pmThe only thing i recommend you exop as fast as you can because tier 1 rvr is PURE CANCER.

The only thing i recommend you exop as fast as you can because tier 1 rvr is PURE GONORRHOE.

better?

Martok

Post#20 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:59 pm

Haskr wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:54 pm
Martok wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:00 pm

The only thing i recommend you exop as fast as you can because tier 1 rvr is PURE GONORRHOE.

better?

The word is spelled gonorrhea.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...