Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder Talismans

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
herooftime

Marauder Talismans

Post#1 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:13 am

Recently I hit RR51 on my Marauder, I am currently 3 Dom/3 Conq with Smuggler weapons, and I have 7 talisman slots. I threw some 20-23 strength and wound talismans in for the time being, but what do you run on your mara and why? My initial thought would be to run defensive talismans because the utility of the class is Savagery debuffs/monstro moral drains and the longer I stay alive, the longer I can apply debuffs. Maybe Initiative for the reduced crit chance? Strength is nice yes, but other class (Choppa) can put out a higher damage output and I've always thought of the Mara as more of a support mdps class.
Hero - RR81 Chosen
Herooftime - RR56 Marauder

Ads
Manatikik

Re: Marauder Talismans

Post#2 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:16 am

Entirely depends on what environment you’re trying to play in.

If you’re just pugging then Strength is fine, premade WB you need the minimum threshold of Wounds to survive Morale bombs, and in small man premades you need a balance between armor, wounds, and strength.
<Montague><Capulet>

herooftime

Post#3 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:42 am

Manatikik wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:16 am Entirely depends on what environment you’re trying to play in.

If you’re just pugging then Strength is fine, premade WB you need the minimum threshold of Wounds to survive Morale bombs, and in small man premades you need a balance between armor, wounds, and strength.
Okay thank you, this makes a lot of sense. Follow up questions: Would you say that Initiative is a waste to slot on Mara? Should I be aiming for Oppressor or Vanq. I do scenarios and small groups mostly but I’ll do warband stuff occasionally as well.
Hero - RR81 Chosen
Herooftime - RR56 Marauder

Manatikik

Post#4 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:51 am

herooftime wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:42 am
Manatikik wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:16 am Entirely depends on what environment you’re trying to play in.

Okay thank you, this makes a lot of sense. Follow up questions: Would you say that Initiative is a waste to slot on Mara? Should I be aiming for Oppressor or Vanq. I do scenarios and small groups mostly but I’ll do warband stuff occasionally as well.

I’m not 100% sure on Initiative but it’s often times good one some classes to slot one to make up for low base initiative (honestly don’t recall mara’s base). You ideally want both Oppressor and Vanq; vanq is great for when you’re just chilling and fighting pugs and what not but if you ever get into anything serious you definitely need Oppressor on Mara for 6v6.
<Montague><Capulet>

chokeanutsman

Post#5 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:04 am

That Forked Aggression M4 looks juicy with Wounds Talismans XD

But honestly probably whatever makes you tanky if you're Morale Drain (Wounds + Toughness + Ini) Marauder has very low base initiative just an FYI and it looks like futile strikes won't do much either to alleviate this, but it's worth trying.

If it's for SCs, a defensive build isn't bad either because you can hold a point better, maybe 1v1 better too (In Gates of Ekrund for example) for a reasonable time until help arrives (which is basically the point of that game mode anyways: holding points and not losing them). I don't know if you lose that much damage from having from defensive talismans (Since you already have an armor break and a 50% ignore armor trait, and etc), but defensive build on mara is worth trying because in theory, mara doesn't need damage talismans to be useful if you can just make sure the other team can't morale bomb back.