Ads

Patch notes 22/06/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
DanielWinner

Re: Patch notes 22/06/2019

Post#51 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:48 am

Just a little note:

As Secrets mentioned, dev team might need to see a lot of people in one pairing so they could make appropriate changes to increase the performance. So, basically, they have to see what's wrong, why lags happen and etc.

After that, based on your feedback, it may change. Or not. Because future system may require one pairing to be open :)
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#52 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:50 am

Having only one pairing open at one time (which is what I have understood from the changes, correct me if wrong) will simply reinforce the blobbing playstyle, and further deter smaller groups/12-mans etc. from getting involved - as well as the concerns brought forward from the organised WB side. We should be deterring people from blobbing. Hopefully this isn't permanent.

Greenbeast

Post#53 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:12 pm

Natherul wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:16 am
Herthin wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:14 am
* Only one pairing at a time is open.
* When a pairing is completed past a fort, a new pairing will open.
So splitting the zerg on different Zones is completely off the table?
AAO farm in a "sidezone" is not a thing anymore exept one is into xrealming?

I kinda understand the "why" cant say im a big fan of the "how".
Im courious how this will work out in the long therm.
that option sadly never really worked nor can we have a system where more zones open based on pop if we want to have a progressing a campaign in any worthwhile way past fortresses.
Nat it never worked because you closed zone locks behind two stars and close to zero rr reward for taking an empty/low pop zone.
You can't seriously expect people to go into an empty zone to sit on BO's for 15-20 minutes to then RVDoor and get 1500rp for ~35-40 minutes of their time to just push campaign to the T3/T4 in a hope to push to double forts? Why my enemy will bother to defend another zone if we can't threaten a double fort?
FMJ,KKR and PnP could take multiple paring, TUP did it too but since you took ALL tools with which you can force your enemy to leave high populated zones it doesn't work indeed.
As it is right now my biggest concern is that I can just send the warband on the summer break. Last three times I led a warband we started 20 mins before enemy or our realm locked a fort. So from now it just means that I have to cancel the warband. We play only 2,30h. Loosing 50% of event time due to this mechanics is very frustrating.

zak68

Post#54 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:23 pm

instead of deeply modifying the game mechanics , would it not better be to run a targeted "test" session with devs monitoring what's happening realtime ?

Karast

Post#55 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:27 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:39 am hint: ask for forts to be instanced so there will be more forts to join ;)
That would just lead to empty instance farming as we all saw on live.

People don't like forts for a lot of different reasons, and there are many suggestions already on these forums for improving the fort experience. But shoe horning all of the active population into pop limited forts, or going to the empty pve forts, are both simply bad choices.

Simply having a second zone or two open for people to play in if they hate forts, can't go to forts, or are finished with forts. Is pretty reasonable.

Yes PvE, and SC's are an option but RvR is not SC or PvE, and some people simply prefer roaming the lakes. That's why they play this game. That's why there are here. It's what WAR did great and one of the biggest things RoR has to offer.

This server did a great job opening up T2-T3 to T4 players, and the current box supply systems is great for small scale play. It leads to many great and memorably fun fights. Why gut it by forcing 1 zone at a time where it will simply become big laggy zerg battles, or warcamp farms?

oaliaen

Post#56 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:29 pm

So...This patch is a stress test.

Jeliel80

Post#57 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:34 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:50 am Having only one pairing open at one time (which is what I have understood from the changes, correct me if wrong) will simply reinforce the blobbing playstyle, and further deter smaller groups/12-mans etc. from getting involved - as well as the concerns brought forward from the organised WB side. We should be deterring people from blobbing. Hopefully this isn't permanent.
Yes, and mostly having different zones open allows for different playstyles and different groups to roam, from blobbing to organized wb, to 6 men to duo/solo.
http://www.seventhlegion.net/
Jeliel - RP 87
Jel - WP 84
Jelyel - DoK 85
Jelielino - Shaman 85
Jelie - Zealot 81
Jelielina - AM 80

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#58 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:11 pm

zak68 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:23 pm instead of deeply modifying the game mechanics , would it not better be to run a targeted "test" session with devs monitoring what's happening realtime ?
We´d still have to change code and cant be done with a flip of a switch and we have seen previously that when we want to do suyuch a thing a large portion of the playerbase refuse to help sadly.

Greenbeast wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:12 pm
Herthin wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:14 am

So splitting the zerg on different Zones is completely off the table?
AAO farm in a "sidezone" is not a thing anymore exept one is into xrealming?

I kinda understand the "why" cant say im a big fan of the "how".
Im courious how this will work out in the long therm.
that option sadly never really worked nor can we have a system where more zones open based on pop if we want to have a progressing a campaign in any worthwhile way past fortresses.
Nat it never worked because you closed zone locks behind two stars and close to zero rr reward for taking an empty/low pop zone.
You can't seriously expect people to go into an empty zone to sit on BO's for 15-20 minutes to then RVDoor and get 1500rp for ~35-40 minutes of their time to just push campaign to the T3/T4 in a hope to push to double forts? Why my enemy will bother to defend another zone if we can't threaten a double fort?
FMJ,KKR and PnP could take multiple paring, TUP did it too but since you took ALL tools with which you can force your enemy to leave high populated zones it doesn't work indeed.
As it is right now my biggest concern is that I can just send the warband on the summer break. Last three times I led a warband we started 20 mins before enemy or our realm locked a fort. So from now it just means that I have to cancel the warband. We play only 2,30h. Loosing 50% of event time due to this mechanics is very frustrating.

We are not interested and never were in empty zone flips.

Ads
Greenbeast

Post#59 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:37 pm

Spoiler:
Greenbeast wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:12 pm

We are not interested and never were in empty zone flips.
[/quote]
It's not about empty zones. Its about giving people motivation to go other zones. Nobody wanted to go there because it was low rewarding, boring and time consuming. You create mechanics that demotivate people to do anything else than blobbing in on zone, one keep, one bo.
I'm not interested in empty zones flipping. I'm interested in an engaging game play where you don't spend 40 minutes on attempts to bring a ram to a keep door. If defenders/attackers have no interest in defending or attacking there is a problem in the system it self. So defenders don't go another zone to defend because who cares since nobody(neither attackers nor defenders) get anything meaningful of it.
And again. What should an organized warband do now if you log in 10 minutes before a fort fight?

Detangler

Post#60 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:48 pm

If this is a stress test or something they want to do to see if some other grand plan they have in mind will work, then it should be communicated as such in the patch notes.

If this is the case then I'm fine with testing it out for a week or two. If its not, then I think this is a big mistake to only have 1 pairing open. Late night it's not a big deal when theres only 50ish on each side, but EU prime it's a mess trying to roam even as a single warband in the smaller t2/t3 zones without getting run over by 3x your numbers.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable