Recent Topics

Ads

New player: What's the most fun class?

Let's talk about... everything else
Parahnoyd

New player: What's the most fun class?

Post#1 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:23 pm

Hey guys, I'm new to RoR, but I played AoR for a bit while it was live. My question is, what do you guys think is the most fun class/playstyle?

Thanks!

Ads
tazdingo

Re: New player: What's the most fun class?

Post#2 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:50 pm

glass brut mara, pulling solo rdps and ripping them in half never stops being funny

RedKnox

Post#3 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:03 pm

I have been enjoying playing a tank. You have a lot of responsibility to keep the rest of the group or warband alive. Sure you do not get the kills, but you get to feel good when you helped a healer survive and that resulted in the push going further.

Healing is another aspect I really enjoy. Especially the more dynamic healers like DoK and WP :)
Asusia, Warrior-Priest
Heralda, Knight

Vatroskja, Magus
Pazghul, Blackguard

Ototo

Post#4 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:20 pm

Mele Squig Herder and Slayer/Choppa are VERY funny to play, but around renown rank 50, and grinding them there is not as easy as with other classes. That keep the pace all along the game since level 10 you have the Magus/Engineer, White Lion, Bright Wizard and Witch Hunter/Witch Elf. Trouble is that most of them are actually hard to use for different reasons, unless that you have a supporting team and/or know well some game mechanics.

That have a balance between newbie-friendly, easy to level and fun to play, probably only Black Orc/Ironbreaker, Warrior Priest, Shamman, and Marauder.

If you really want to simply enter the game, you can try Knight of the Blazing Sun/Chosen or Disciple of Khaine cause they very easy to use, and quite a lot forgiving with mistakes, but they are kind of boring to play IMO.
Spoiler:

adamthelc

Post#5 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:08 pm

In a vacuum MDPS are the most fun, but if your side is losing hard you either do nothing in the back or suffer the most.

Sorc and BW are both pretty fun. You can do a lot of tight burst windows from range without having to be tethered to a turret.

Tanks and healers are fun, but for me I dont get the same satisfaction from it as destroying someone. I do like winning though and unless you run a lot of premades your win percentage will probably be higher if you play a healer well.

Mystry
Suspended

Post#6 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:18 pm

Ironbreaker.
And I don't even play Ironbreaker. I'm just extremely jealous of their ridiculous self sustain.

Fey

Post#7 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:07 pm

Ironbreaker
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

zulnam

Post#8 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:14 pm

This is very subjective and falls down to what role do you like to fill in an MMORPG.

Do you line being the tank? The healer? Would you prefer range or melee dps?

i would suggest playing a range class, either healer or dps. This is solely due to the crazy amounts of players in rvr on EU primetime mixed with the fact that once you get past lvl 16 you go straight to the big boys league (RvR T2-3 were mixed with T4), where burly men in full end-game sets are waiting.
Ofc if you can still start a melee class and have fun, but it will be more challenging.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
tazdingo

Post#9 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:33 pm

zulnam wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:14 pm i would suggest playing a range class, either healer or dps. This is solely due to the crazy amounts of players in rvr on EU primetime
this is true but i would point out that mdps can still be fun as all f even in mass ranged wars. 3/6 have pulls, 2 are stealthers so kinda exempt. it's only slayer that's kinda left behind when pubbing but that class is so borked in organized play that this is fine

i think that the weaknesses of mdps when pubbing are wildly overstated. even when glassy it only takes a bit of awareness and keeping your range in mind to still be a killer, and seen as most solo rdps must go full glass in order to achieve anthing at all you're doing disgusting dmg vs them. offensive mdps works fine in mass orvr with a little gamesense. if you mess up in the slightest you die 100% yes... but when things go are going well it's just hilarious fun

tanks i also enjoy a lot but they grate after a while and are depressingly weak vs live. if you want to melee have a few drinks and go mdps, it's not as impossible as some ppl say
Last edited by tazdingo on Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asherdoom

Post#10 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:36 pm

honestly i like play choppa AOE specced. in warband vs warband you see alot of floating numbers :D