Recent Topics

Ads

Ruin Set For Zealot

Let's talk about... everything else
havartii

Ruin Set For Zealot

Post#1 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:21 am

I started farming this set because I just hit my 30's. Then I realized Devastator has better stats ex. heal crit, ap bonus. The only thing Ruin offers is more armor at the expense of ap and heal crit, probably the two most important stats for a healing zealot. Now why would someone farm endless hours for this crap set? 1 pq gives one or two tokens, takes 5 to get a coin, 5 coins buy's you 1 piece.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
RedKnox

Re: Ruin Set For Zealot

Post#2 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:34 am

havartii wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:21 am I started farming this set because I just hit my 30's. Then I realized Devastator has better stats ex. heal crit, ap bonus. The only thing Ruin offers is more armor at the expense of ap and heal crit, probably the two most important stats for a healing zealot. Now why would someone farm endless hours for this crap set? 1 pq gives one or two tokens, takes 5 to get a coin, 5 coins buy's you 1 piece.
I believe the intention with Ruin was that it was a catch up set for those who power leveled or didn't get their renown rank to 35-40 before hitting 40. I agree it is a pain to get, especially after the mobs have been made more difficult. I think the set should stay as it is, but the difficulty to getting it should be appropriate for what you getting, e.i. it should be easier to get. I do not think there would be any negative effects of such a change to the set.

If I should come with a concrete proposal it would be: Have the amount of tokens for a coin be 2-3, with coins dropping in Massive Loot bags. Have feet and gloves cost 1 coin, while head, shoulders, and chest, 2 coins. I believe this would render it about a days work of PQ's if you run with a friend.

I think the proposed difficulty change would reflect the set quality better. The other way going about it is reitemise the set to reflect the difficulty getting it.
Asusia, Warrior-Priest
Heralda, Knight

Vatroskja, Magus
Pazghul, Blackguard

havartii

Post#3 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:55 am

I would also like to add that this is a lvl 36 set that is out classed by a lvl 30 set. I would like to see it reflect not only the work involved to get it, but the actual level to wear it as well.

anarchypark

Post#4 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:52 am

it's starter set for fashion hammer.
u can pass if u don't need it.
it's same for all pve set.
relatively easier than rvr set to obtain.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

larsulu
Suspended

Post#5 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:04 am

havartii wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:21 am I started farming this set because I just hit my 30's. Then I realized Devastator has better stats ex. heal crit, ap bonus. The only thing Ruin offers is more armor at the expense of ap and heal crit, probably the two most important stats for a healing zealot. Now why would someone farm endless hours for this crap set? 1 pq gives one or two tokens, takes 5 to get a coin, 5 coins buy's you 1 piece.
Best set for zealot before rank 40 is mercenary ( armor/thougness/reduce crit chance )
After 40 you will need beastlord set ( with cloak and ring you can make a good mix of sets/stats/bonus ).
Also beastlord gives you armor as first bonus.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Gangan

Post#6 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:13 am

Pqs in higher chapters grant more token per bag.

It's more interesting for some classes and less desirable for others. For tanks e.g. It's an easy way to boost your armor-value by set-mixing, as 2pc grant armor.
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

zulnam

Post#7 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:19 am

Idk about the mob difficulty but when i got Ruin on my mara it took less than half a day for the full set.

Making it stronger doesn’t make much sense, since you have 3 sets waiting for you at 40 (beastlord, annihilator and the SCs set). But i agree it should be easy to get due to it’s relative low quality.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

RedKnox

Post#8 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:49 am

zulnam wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:19 am Idk about the mob difficulty but when i got Ruin on my mara it took less than half a day for the full set.

Making it stronger doesn’t make much sense, since you have 3 sets waiting for you at 40 (beastlord, annihilator and the SCs set). But i agree it should be easy to get due to it’s relative low quality.
I have to admit that when I was farming Ruin, it was two years ago where you could do some normal PQs solo. So I am comparing it to then. I logged on a few days ago and tried for fun to solo the same PQ I did back then, and man it suddenly became quite hard ;)
Asusia, Warrior-Priest
Heralda, Knight

Vatroskja, Magus
Pazghul, Blackguard

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#9 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:33 pm

havartii wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:55 am I would also like to add that this is a lvl 36 set that is out classed by a lvl 30 set. I would like to see it reflect not only the work involved to get it, but the actual level to wear it as well.
Some alt builds will use ruin pieces for the armour bonus at 40, but not the full set. Could see a healer wanting to use it since you likely maximise your Willpower and just need stuff to increase survivability.

havartii

Post#10 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:29 am

Any healer worth his salt will not want this set. I guess it's fine it's a sucky set but I feel for those who grind and then find out. It is not like the npc where you claim is ez to find.