Recent Topics

Ads

[Zealot] Witchcraft

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aerathnor

[Zealot] Witchcraft

Post#1 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:32 pm

Hi, I should state first off that my main goal on a zealot will be to still carryout the function of healer. That being said, in the odd times where I'm running supplies at low pop I'd like to have a sufficient solo build.

Back in the day with the broken old Harbinger of Fate and Transference I could effectively put a death sentence and kite other solo non healers to get them to leave me alone, now that is obviously (thankfully) gone. I'm curious if I could run points into Alchemy and Witchcraft and have a solid 1v1 kite build using raven's cry, scourge procs, dots, and storm of ravens to finish.

Has anyone messed with it or is Witchcraft just a dead tree altogether? Would forgoing the aoe tree make me worthless outside of small scale? Should I just run a shaman if I want straightforward talent paths?

Ads
dshdf

Re: [Zealot] Witchcraft

Post#2 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:27 pm

Aerathnor wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:32 pm Hi, I should state first off that my main goal on a zealot will be to still carryout the function of healer. That being said, in the odd times where I'm running supplies at low pop I'd like to have a sufficient solo build.

Back in the day with the broken old Harbinger of Fate and Transference I could effectively put a death sentence and kite other solo non healers to get them to leave me alone, now that is obviously (thankfully) gone. I'm curious if I could run points into Alchemy and Witchcraft and have a solid 1v1 kite build using raven's cry, scourge procs, dots, and storm of ravens to finish.

Has anyone messed with it or is Witchcraft just a dead tree altogether? Would forgoing the aoe tree make me worthless outside of small scale? Should I just run a shaman if I want straightforward talent paths?
transference tactic is your bread and butter than
core of the build would be 9pt alchemy (boon of tzeentch) + 11 pt Witchcraft (transference), after that you'll have some spare points to adjust build for yourself
main options are either healdebuff or armor+residebuff tactics or stagger(which is too greaddy imho)
this will allow you to be a healer and dangerous box carrier in the same time (just swap tactic sets)

Ekundu01

Post#3 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:34 pm

Unfortunately with the way the Harbinger works the stats of your gear will always convert and there is no middle ground. You can use renown to try to get a hybrid set up (renown stats don't convert) but it won't be as good as being commited to either fully heal or fully dps.

You can spec heal and out last most people but you probably won't kill anyone before someone else comes along.

If you are going to attempt to dps you really need Transference for the strikethrough so you don't get disrupted as much. If you plan to kill any healer you need changers touch.

TBH i think shaman makes the better soloer in the lake. It has better tools to handle kiting. But I think zealot has the better options to duo especially if you grab the stagger.
Trismack

Aerathnor

Post#4 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:29 pm

Ekundu01 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:34 pm Unfortunately with the way the Harbinger works the stats of your gear will always convert and there is no middle ground. You can use renown to try to get a hybrid set up (renown stats don't convert) but it won't be as good as being commited to either fully heal or fully dps.

You can spec heal and out last most people but you probably won't kill anyone before someone else comes along.

If you are going to attempt to dps you really need Transference for the strikethrough so you don't get disrupted as much. If you plan to kill any healer you need changers touch.

TBH i think shaman makes the better soloer in the lake. It has better tools to handle kiting. But I think zealot has the better options to duo especially if you grab the stagger.
Yeah, I was planning on going willpower/heal crit and what not for Renown, I do want him to heal and be useful to WB's/SC/Dungeons more than some wierd hybrid. I just want to be able to do more than heal myself and hope an ally shows up if I'm running boxes.

Ekundu01

Post#5 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:57 pm

Aerathnor wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:29 pm
Ekundu01 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:34 pm Unfortunately with the way the Harbinger works the stats of your gear will always convert and there is no middle ground. You can use renown to try to get a hybrid set up (renown stats don't convert) but it won't be as good as being commited to either fully heal or fully dps.

Yeah, I was planning on going willpower/heal crit and what not for Renown, I do want him to heal and be useful to WB's/SC/Dungeons more than some wierd hybrid. I just want to be able to do more than heal myself and hope an ally shows up if I'm running boxes.
You can usually still heal fairly well if you switch around tactics to be more heal oriented but specing in the correct tree makes healing way easier. You can make it work if you don't want to keep changing up specs but it will be harder. Since respecing trees costs 0 money i would say just respec for the role you want to play.
Trismack