Recent Topics

Ads

BG help, I want to be the very best

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
carlos1103

Re: BG help, I want to be the very best

Post#41 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:46 am

DanielWinner wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:16 am
carlos1103 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:02 am
Anomanderake wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:46 am I got some pretty kills in solo last days, some WH e and WL worth 2-6k RR. (Also died a few times, expecially against tanky DD and slayers). If you fear detaunt, just slot the antidetaunt tatic.
How? Teach me master :D
That's how it works https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... 11,897,891
Should I try that? :o

Ads
zabis

Post#42 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:44 pm

carlos1103 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:46 am
carlos1103 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:02 am

How? Teach me master :D
You should try all specs, but I do not personally advocate this spec. There is a KD in the left tree and I believe it should ALWAYS be taken as a 2h BG
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

carlos1103

Post#43 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:49 pm

zabis wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:44 pm

You should try all specs, but I do not personally advocate this spec. There is a KD in the left tree and I believe it should ALWAYS be taken as a 2h BG
What should be my path if I go SNB? I wanted to do gunbad and someone told i should go snb for tank but i never tried, also which skills i have to use for dungeons? thanks

DanielWinner

Post#44 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:47 pm

carlos1103 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:49 pm

What should be my path if I go SNB? I wanted to do gunbad and someone told i should go snb for tank but i never tried, also which skills i have to use for dungeons? thanks
You should go SnB only if you will be a Main tank. As an offensive tank you can stay 2h. For SnB main path is second tree. You pick all skills and tactics there.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

carlos1103

Post#45 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:29 pm

Spoiler:
DanielWinner wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:47 pm

You should go SnB only if you will be a Main tank. As an offensive tank you can stay 2h. For SnB main path is second tree. You pick all skills and tactics there.
Well thats what that guy told me, we were on the second part of the public quest killing a squig and dragon and I think he was a BO and told me to be tank with SNB and not dps tank since I never tried gunbad, then if I go SNB I take the whole middle path and skills? Also something about respect respec or something?

Tesq

Post#46 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:03 am

carlos1103 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:29 pm
Spoiler:

Well thats what that guy told me, we were on the second part of the public quest killing a squig and dragon and I think he was a BO and told me to be tank with SNB and not dps tank since I never tried gunbad, then if I go SNB I take the whole middle path and skills? Also something about respect respec or something?
Off tank dosent mean offensive...

Its the second tank usually the one that dont tank the boss but take care of adds and also add dmgs since he dosent have to be def as main tank.

Bg even in 2h retain a high volume of parry which is pretty much suffice to tank adds and sometimes even boss if there is a moment of extreme need (70% parry)

You just have to be spec well. Just dont main tank and slot parry tactic always in pve and full renown on parry and def weapon from epic quest and you are good to go. You are must pick with crit buff/debuff , avoidance debuff. Any party with a bg off tank deal a lot better with bosss due this very strong debuff shenanigans. Almost a must pick for make pve run pretty much alwats/ez/ succesfull.

carlos1103

Post#47 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:41 am

Tesq wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:03 am
carlos1103 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:29 pm
Spoiler:

Off tank dosent mean offensive...

Its the second tank usually the one that dont tank the boss but take care of adds and also add dmgs since he dosent have to be def as main tank.

Bg even in 2h retain a high volume of parry which is pretty much suffice to tank adds and sometimes even boss if there is a moment of extreme need (70% parry)

You just have to be spec well. Just dont main tank and slot parry tactic always in pve and full renown on parry and def weapon from epic quest and you are good to go. You are must pick with crit buff/debuff , avoidance debuff. Any party with a bg off tank deal a lot better with bosss due this very strong debuff shenanigans. Almost a must pick for make pve run pretty much alwats/ez/ succesfull.
Then they told me a big time lie saying I should go full tank too, there was a BO who was tanking the 2 heros and we were doing fine but he told me since I was being "offensive" going 2H I should change. Then which path I should go to help in dungeons like Gunbad?

Eathisword

Post#48 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:05 am

carlos1103 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:41 am
Then they told me a big time lie saying I should go full tank too, there was a BO who was tanking the 2 heros and we were doing fine but he told me since I was being "offensive" going 2H I should change. Then which path I should go to help in dungeons like Gunbad?
Its bullcrap. I've main tanked Gunbad with 2H on IB multiple times. First, use renown point to get 0% chance to be crit. Then, stack a max of parry like Tesq said, then get a gear set that lets you have a lot of armor (Ruin / Winds Impervious jewels / armor talisman), high wounds. Toughness is not needed in PvE. With 0% ctbc and 70%+ parry. Gunbad is easy tanking. Let alone off-tank.

If it fails, its not a spec problem. You might not be fully aware of how to tank PvE (mechanics of each boss/adds), or your healers are bads. Maybe need SnB to main tank the other 2 dungeon though. I dunno : never done them yet.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Ads
xarax

Post#49 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:01 pm

Being the OT as 2h BG is fine, as mentioned before. (0 % chance to be crit, high parry, def proc weapon). Do not slot Menace as OT as you will steal the aggro from MT in a one mob scenario.

Easily offtanked gunbad and city dungeons like this.

Didn't tried BS on my BG so far, but due to aggro ping pong there it might not be a bad idea to go snb there.
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Tesq

Post#50 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:34 pm

Eathisword wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:05 am
carlos1103 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:41 am
Its bullcrap. I've main tanked Gunbad with 2H on IB multiple times. First, use renown point to get 0% chance to be crit. Then, stack a max of parry like Tesq said, then get a gear set that lets you have a lot of armor (Ruin / Winds Impervious jewels / armor talisman), high wounds. Toughness is not needed in PvE. With 0% ctbc and 70%+ parry. Gunbad is easy tanking. Let alone off-tank.

If it fails, its not a spec problem. You might not be fully aware of how to tank PvE (mechanics of each boss/adds), or your healers are bads. Maybe need SnB to main tank the other 2 dungeon though. I dunno : never done them yet.
i second this, but ditch impervious wind set , usually you wanna use jewerly to have the more block/parry you can of course just see how it fit in teh build but usually it is the place where first thing i do when entering in pve i swap gear.

chance to be crit, armor and avoidance are things as tank you can work on with out forcefully aim too much to a def/turtle build.

anyway in case of bg after you reach 70% parry you can do all your pve stuff as Off tank as 2h.