Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ads
Psychopski
Suspended

Re: Should I attempt this game again?

Post#32 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:30 am

I played from shortly after launch until some time in 2010 or 2011. Anyway I came back last year and things were kind of slow so I quit.

Enter me watching Twitch about a month ago and finding several streamers showing hundreds of players in ROR RVR zones and scens popping off during prime time. I'm back as of two weeks ago and I'm hooked. It really feels like the original game 95% of the time. Once you figure out new tiers, the new slightly altered RVR mechanics, and once you get up to speed with the updates/modifications to the various classes and armor sets, you'd really not notice the difference that much between 2008 and today.

Of course there is some missing content, so dont expect everything to be in place.

K13R

Post#33 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:37 am

I'm giving it a run again but I'm an NA player and it may not last for population reasons

Fixxer

Post#34 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:39 am

Things are not perfect for sure but this game that you either love it or not. I hope you come to love it as much as we do with all its faults and all the good things it brings. As far as some comments on community been the problem. I have to say that besides the big arguments we have between us (which is healthy) its the best and more friendly community i have been in for the last 20 years.

To increase your experience in this game, i suggest you find some people to play with, party up. Also if you want to see how the game is before installing check out some streams on twitch, there are plenty of people streaming.

I hope you join the war, on either side you choose.

Likeaboss

Post#35 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:06 am

havartii wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:53 pm War Lion has been broken for a long time.. the range and damage of pounce is crazy, what other class gets a pull and silence with no cooldown? Sure a choppa can pull but cant send his pet 100 feet into a crowd to go pull someone.
#Fakenews

pull and silence without cooldown? silence 20s cd, pull on 30s cd...
send pet 100 feet? why? the pull works only on 65 feet...

If you would ever have palyed a WL you would know that, when you send a Pet in a crowd it dies in a eyeblink :lol:

Just dont tell BS, The newbies gonna believe in it^^ :D

Asherdoom

Post#36 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:45 pm

it depends: Balance is pathetic at best and untill ure 4/rr 40 ure a walking pile of trash as melee dps but other than that game is free and you are not asked sub so well give it a try at least

peterthepan3

Post#37 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:50 pm

Balance really isn't that bad at all, at least in smallscale.

Asherdoom

Post#38 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:52 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:50 pm Balance really isn't that bad at all, at least in smallscale.
unfortunately zone lock are open rvr and warband vs warband not 6v6. So yeah smallscale is irrelevant.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#39 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:54 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:52 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:50 pm Balance really isn't that bad at all, at least in smallscale.
unfortunately zone lock are open rvr and warband vs warband not 6v6. So yeah smallscale is irrelevant.
You should mention that then, because saying 'balance is pathetic' is rather all-encompassing. Also, largescale balance isn't as bad as people make it out to be, though I do agree that some classes (b]on both sides[/b]) need some love/defined role for WB play. There just aren't enough people playing in tight-knit, min-max WBs, so it's easier to attribute their losses and failings to XYZ when their experiences are always pug.

Asherdoom

Post#40 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:58 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:54 pm
Asherdoom wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:52 pm
You should mention that then, because saying 'balance is pathetic' is rather all-encompassing. Also, largescale balance isn't as bad as people make it out to be, though I do agree that some classes (b]on both sides[/b]) need some love/defined role for WB play. There just aren't enough people playing in tight-knit, min-max WBs, so it's easier to attribute their losses and failings to XYZ when their experiences are always pug.
well considering as melee dps is a living hell unless half warband babysit you, that means they are balancing a class on "setup and babysit" rather than singular player skill. Multiply ti for 30 peoples in open rvr area and you got the balance screwed.