Recent Topics

Ads

SW-SH question

Let's talk about... everything else
Knowthyself
Game Artist

SW-SH question

Post#1 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:26 pm

As you all well know SH's and SW's melee specs have been reworked and targeted to many changes. I play both classes and there is a difference I wonder if there is actually a logic behind. SW has got a tactic with %50 more crit dmg for assault tree abilities and %25 more crit chance for the ability called swift strikes. I wonder why SH didn't get the same or a similar tactic?
Come On
Newgit
Knowthyself

Ads
adapter
Suspended

Re: SW-SH question

Post#2 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:32 pm

because of balance!
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

H0tYand3r3

Post#3 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:39 pm

No one sees a shadow warrior and runs away in terror. Everyone sees a meatball and runs away.
Yandrere/Swrsmemes-SW-83RR+ Art Supplies
Islipped-Zealot-4xRR+ (N/A)
Unconventional-BG-7xRR+ (N/A)
Ihealforpesos-DK-7xRR+ (N/A)

Manatikik

Post#4 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:05 pm

Design choice. ASW is built for small man and ST damage while MSH is built for WB and aoe/utility.
<Montague><Capulet>

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:07 pm

Manatikik wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:05 pm Design choice. ASW is built for small man and ST damage while MSH is built for WB and aoe/utility.
Pretty much this, plus it's also worth mentioning that Melee SH is still capable of putting out respectable ST damage.

Knowthyself
Game Artist

Post#6 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:23 pm

Manatikik wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:05 pm Design choice. ASW is built for small man and ST damage while MSH is built for WB and aoe/utility.
That's a design choice that favors ASW to a degree that makes the class a perfect melee class considering that SW and SH mainly lacked %50 crit damage tactic compared to the mdps classes. SH's aoe dmg on the other hand is a joke compared to other aoe classes. Let's not forget that SW has already the advantage of being able to benefit from its ranged abilities on its melee face. I don't know but giving SW a crit dmg increase and ignoring SH doesn't make any sense to me and Design choice is not really an explanation that can change this at least for me.
Come On
Newgit
Knowthyself

H0tYand3r3

Post#7 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:33 pm

Also have to remember they aren't perfect mirror classes. Sh and white lion are semi mirrors while Mara and SW are also semi mirrors. SW and Sh are not meant to be perfect mirror classes
Yandrere/Swrsmemes-SW-83RR+ Art Supplies
Islipped-Zealot-4xRR+ (N/A)
Unconventional-BG-7xRR+ (N/A)
Ihealforpesos-DK-7xRR+ (N/A)

Manatikik

Post#8 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:33 pm

Knowthyself wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:23 pm
That's a design choice that favors ASW to a degree that makes the class a perfect melee class considering that SW and SH mainly lacked %50 crit damage tactic compared to the mdps classes. SH's aoe dmg on the other hand is a joke compared to other aoe classes. Let's not forget that SW has already the advantage of being able to benefit from its ranged abilities on its melee face. I don't know but giving SW a crit dmg increase and ignoring SH doesn't make any sense to me and Design choice is not really an explanation that can change this at least for me.
It favors them in exactly one setting: small man. MSH has a huge edge in WB play (which most of the server seems to enjoy).

Mechanical differences are not related to the tactic change; yes melee SW has access to some of its ranged but on the same vein ranged SH has access to all of its ranged and escape tools 24/7 so it’s a trade off a majority of SH benefit from.

Just because you don’t agree with the explanation doesn’t make it the reason for why things are nor does it take away from the validity of the reason.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
Knowthyself
Game Artist

Post#9 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:15 am

Manatikik wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:33 pm
Knowthyself wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:23 pm
It favors them in exactly one setting: small man. MSH has a huge edge in WB play (which most of the server seems to enjoy).

Mechanical differences are not related to the tactic change; yes melee SW has access to some of its ranged but on the same vein ranged SH has access to all of its ranged and escape tools 24/7 so it’s a trade off a majority of SH benefit from.

Just because you don’t agree with the explanation doesn’t make it the reason for why things are nor does it take away from the validity of the reason.
This is not an explanation this is just hypocrisy. Order players just keep justifying injustices by the excuse of oh well yes it is OP but only in small scale bullshit. Same was done for WL and now you guys try justifying this by the same excuse. '' it favors them only in small man". When it comes to the demands of destro side you again use the same argument in a twisted way and say oh well this is not a game balanced on small scale but WB play yet Order toons interestingly keeps getting that kind of improvements. I can't see a reason nor an answer to my question in the first place..

I don't understand your logic here at all ? It is not like ranged SW doesn't have access to all of its ranged and escape tools already. SO what is the connection of that with SW's advantage of being able to use its ranged abilities on its melee face as well ? Please make sense and explain how majority of SHs benefit from that really ?
Come On
Newgit
Knowthyself

TenTonHammer

Post#10 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:51 am

What can you expect from something designed by torq

Not well throughout out and balanced that’s for sure