Recent Topics

Ads

[Scenario] Make Domination kick in more when needed

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Akilinus

Re: [Scenario] Make Domination kick in more when needed

Post#31 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:41 am

wachlarz wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:46 am The final result will be: now premade farm pug ppl every 10 m, new briliant idea ppl will be farmer every 5 m duo premade sc will be 5m long. Very motivating system to play sc
Sounds like you were a big fan of scs to begin with. Maybe get some friends to play with instead of getting farmed every time you join a sc
Last edited by Akilinus on Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Ads
Zod24
Suspended

Post#32 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:55 am

wachlarz wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:46 am The final result will be: now premade farm pug ppl every 10 m, new briliant idea ppl will be farmer every 5 m duo premade sc will be 5m long. Very motivating system to play sc
you're not quite 'all there', are you?

wachlarz

Post#33 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:13 am

Akilinus wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:41 am
Sounds like you were a big fan of scs to begin with. Maybe get some friends to play with instead of getting farmed every time you join a sc
Am understand that U are this person who win ratio is 100%. Never lose. And U only play rvr and only in wb. And U very easy farm Drukar/Rysze/Kajtarn etc premads 🤔

Akilinus

Post#34 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:18 am

wachlarz wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:13 am
Akilinus wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:41 am
Am understand that U are this person who win ratio is 100%. Never lose. And U only play rvr and only in wb. And U very easy farm Drukar/Rysze/Kajtarn etc premads 🤔
I dont care much if you win or lose in scenarios. If im in a premade vs another premade in sc I just make sure that we kill them more than they kill us.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#35 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:15 am

adamthelc wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:15 pm
Rockalypse wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:01 am I will say this, as was thinking of it myself.
Main problem with domination is that it is automatic, people cannot choose if they want to continue uneven fight or not, and sometimes it triggers in the middle of the fight that could be won, but one side got killing spree.

My 5 cents on matter are these:
Leave system as it is including requirements for domination to kick in, but add one more to the list. Put interactable altar or something else on spawn and trigger domination if old requirements for it were met + 80% of team clicked object.

This leave option to fight to people if they want to, while providing same if not less possibilities for exploit.
I think it should be automatic. You add that option and people are going to give up faster than they already do.
I agree that equvalent of just "concede button" is very bad concept.
But in what I propose players cannot give up faster than they can now, on contrary, once current, already working, conditions for domination were met - only than players can choose to give up, or continue fight (which is not an option right now).

Osred

Post#36 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:15 pm

Have you read the thread at all? :lol:

He's arguing in favour of helping the losing side with an olive branch to fight back and turn the tide in the losing sides favour.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

wachlarz

Post#37 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:26 pm

Osred wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:15 pm
Have you read the thread at all? :lol:

He's arguing in favour of helping the losing side with an olive branch to fight back and turn the tide in the losing sides favour.
And U read what will be end of change of this mechanic ? U will be fight 2x more often with premade. Sc will be 5 m long. And ppl dont like be farmed so they stop play sc.

Explain me how this help losing side and sc Play at all ?

peterthepan3

Post#38 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:08 pm

Your masochistic love for queuing against premades who do you without lube for the entire night is a separate issue from domination not working as well as it should. You can always form a group yourself, or queue for the pug-only scenario if the farming gets too much for you, but domination would still remain lacklustre/not working properly.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't consistently (and deliberately) misconstrue the two in an attempt to divert attention away from the fact that the domination mechanic could do with some tweaking - tweaking that would benefit all players.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#39 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:13 pm

You're not gonna get people out of the WC who's gona loose the fight nomather if you have a bolster or not. The only way to get em out if there is if there's anything to gain from it. Like a chance to turn the a big loss into a miniscule one. You need better rewards for loosing less and you need better score for playing the objectives.

I know this is exactly the opposite of what you want out of this. But you will never get those players out if the WC if they don't feel they have a chance to win the match.

peterthepan3

Post#40 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:31 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:13 pm You're not gonna get people out of the WC who's gona loose the fight nomather if you have a bolster or not. The only way to get em out if there is if there's anything to gain from it. Like a chance to turn the a big loss into a miniscule one. You need better rewards for loosing less and you need better score for playing the objectives.

I know this is exactly the opposite of what you want out of this. But you will never get those players out if the WC if they don't feel they have a chance to win the match.
So, since people are having issues with comprehension, and are instead eager to put words into my mouth, I'll repeat this for the 10th and final time:

1) What I 'want' is for Domination to kick in more consistently - y'know, when one side is actually being Dominated. This pertains to scenarios where one side are both running the Objective back-to-back, and keeping the enemy stuck in their WC, as these scenarios are simply fun for no one, and should end at a much quicker pace than they currently do (in excess of 7 minutes when Domination doesn't kick in).

2) There are various ways of doing this, and I have suggested something along the lines of 'if X % of players are idle in WC for Y amount of time, then Domination automatically kicks in' (Natherul has already stated that he has tinkered with it for next patch, so hopefully it will have good results).

3) In addition/alternatively, it may be a good idea to tinker with the point accumulation for Objective captures in certain scenarios, as some of them give far too few points for the 'effort' required. No Domination + enemy farmed at WC + long time needed to secure Objectives to 'put everyone out of their suffering' leads to sapped enthusiasm, and makes for a very boring experience for all involved.

There is no hidden agenda, there is no desire to 'force' people out of their WC (once you're stuck in your WC, the game is essentially over anyway), there is no desire to increase pug farming (anyone who honestly thinks that would be a goal of mine really knows **** all about me); there is only a desire to minimise AFK@WC scenarios in the interests of all participants, and making Domination kick in more consistently would go a long way in dealing with this.