Recent Topics

Ads

Best 3-4 man PVP group composition

Let's talk about... everything else
Udachi

Re: Best 3-4 man PVP group composition

Post#11 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:12 pm

I play in 3 man 90% of the time, if you want to have fun in RvR you need a kite team. Here are some top comps for 3's from our experience.

Destro:
heal Sham + dps Sham + SH
dps DoK, BG, Zeal (less effective in oRvR, but fun)

Order:
dps AM + RP + skirmish SW
dps AM + RP + WL
dps AM + dps AM + WL

Slot insta rez tactic on the hybrids. Any melee setups are not that great for 3 man oRvR imho. Also if you have 4th he should play a tank (kotbs or chosen)
Palachi RR7x DPS AM
Crystalmeth RR4x Zeal

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Post#12 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:33 pm

Sorc + SH + heal shaman as range comp for 3men. You have some cc potential a kite abilities this way. I think shaman snare puddle beats zealot stagger in this comp and you need to keep zealot M2 for this setup, so the M1 is not that useful. Heal debuff is very useful, though.

For 4 men you might go melee with chosen + choppa(?) + zealot and as extra dps mara. Or double mara? not sure ^^
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Sulorie

Post#13 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:17 pm

Ashoris wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:19 am
Sulorie wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:59 am Zealot + Chosen + Sorc (+ Squig Herder OR Dps Shaman)
I would suggest you took the classes but change the slots.

You can play perfectly in a 3 man grp without the tank and use 2 ranged dps (either shaman or Squig + sorc)

benefit is that your fourth man is playing the class that is not sodependent on equipment (Chosen). The other way around your second dps will always feel like a burden, as a tank his Equipment is WAY less important.
Fair enough, when the 4th player is only infrequently online with much worse gear, taking tank as 4th is a good option as at least dps sham needs high rr and gear to perform well. Same with SH.
2 dps make it easier to kill healed targets too.
Dying is no option.

Udachi

Post#14 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:36 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:17 pm
Ashoris wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:19 am
Sulorie wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:59 am Zealot + Chosen + Sorc (+ Squig Herder OR Dps Shaman)
I would suggest you took the classes but change the slots.

You can play perfectly in a 3 man grp without the tank and use 2 ranged dps (either shaman or Squig + sorc)

benefit is that your fourth man is playing the class that is not sodependent on equipment (Chosen). The other way around your second dps will always feel like a burden, as a tank his Equipment is WAY less important.
Fair enough, when the 4th player is only infrequently online with much worse gear, taking tank as 4th is a good option as at least dps sham needs high rr and gear to perform well. Same with SH.
2 dps make it easier to kill healed targets too.
The part about shaman needing high rr and gear is just not true. dps AM/sham only need rr45 to be viable unlike most pure dps classes. All you need is 2 piece merc, 4 dominator and rr39 scenario weapon and you'll be chilling (to get BiS gear is a whole different story though, prepare for the longest grind in the game)
Palachi RR7x DPS AM
Crystalmeth RR4x Zeal

Sulorie

Post#15 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:59 pm

Udachi wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:36 pm
The part about shaman needing high rr and gear is just not true. dps AM/sham only need rr45 to be viable unlike most pure dps classes. All you need is 2 piece merc, 4 dominator and rr39 scenario weapon and you'll be chilling (to get BiS gear is a whole different story though, prepare for the longest grind in the game)
I am not seeing any decent low rr dps healer in the entire game due to lack of renown points for crit, intel and defensive renown skills. Any other dps class already got tactics to get main attributes and can focus on crit and defensive stuff.
Ofc you won't have problems to kill similar low ranked players but I expect more.

Well, this becomes offtopic quite fast. :)
Dying is no option.

Udachi

Post#16 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:14 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:59 pm
I am not seeing any decent low rr dps healer in the entire game due to lack of renown points for crit, intel and defensive renown skills. Any other dps class already got tactics to get main attributes and can focus on crit and defensive stuff.
Ofc you won't have problems to kill similar low ranked players but I expect more.

You have a tactic that gives you 10% crit, which is way better that a main stat tactic. Full int talis, double int set bonus would easily get you close to 1000 int with a potion. Yes you are pretty squishy, but any low RR dps got this issue. Also decent dps healers don't stay low rr for long because of how easy it is to get renown fir them.
Palachi RR7x DPS AM
Crystalmeth RR4x Zeal

Sulorie

Post#17 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:26 pm

Udachi wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:14 pm

You have a tactic that gives you 10% crit, which is way better that a main stat tactic. Full int talis, double int set bonus would easily get you close to 1000 int with a potion. Yes you are pretty squishy, but any low RR dps got this issue. Also decent dps healers don't stay low rr for long because of how easy it is to get renown fir them.
Without full renown intel you have a hard time to even get 900 intel, despite full int talis and double set bonus. :)
But yeah, especially in that group it will be fast to get rp.
Dying is no option.

Udachi

Post#18 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:37 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:26 pm
Udachi wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:14 pm

Without full renown intel you have a hard time to even get 900 intel, despite full int talis and double set bonus. :)
But yeah, especially in that group it will be fast to get rp.
9% crit = 30 renown points
120 main stat = 34 renown points

And yes, as a dps healer you are obviously going to have to spec full renown int.
Palachi RR7x DPS AM
Crystalmeth RR4x Zeal

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#19 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:59 pm

There is quite a big difference between three and four man. The order four man of Swordmancer, melee Shadow Warrior, and White Lion, (and healer) is the core of the six mans a lot of destro people complained about, so presumably that would be a strong trio. But, would be odd not having any heals.

Three dps shaman would be pretty annoying to fight against, but would have obvious weaknesses in melee.

If you do PvE, which is very useful for levelling. Tank+dps+healer is basically required. In PvP, you are basically chosing between having a pocket healer and lots of rdps (Sorc, dps shaman, SH), or go something more melee focused (e.g., WE, Mara, mdps DoK).

Detangler

Post#20 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:30 am

DPS sham, heal zealot, 2h blorc/BG, and 4th is a DPS Dok. Who cares about killing stuff, just outlast everything :)
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable