Recent Topics

Ads

[Feedback] Changes of morale

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
DanielWinner

[Feedback] Changes of morale

Post#1 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:59 am

Hello everyone

As you could see we made some changes for morals:
Spoiler:

- Morale pumps are excluded from the morale scaler.
- Morale scaler has been redone to reach max at 4 warbands (up from 3).
- Removed the ratio of allies vs enemies in the scaler as that was an unnecessary stomp mechanic for forces that already has an advantage over a foe due to numerical advantage.
This thread will be for feedback on those changes.
Feedback based on your testing and real in-game experience will be highly appreciated. Actual in-game footage will have the most value.

Theory crafting and other speculation won’t have the same value. So be ready to support your opinion/thoughts.

Wish you luck on the battlefield.

DEV NOTES:
The scalar is a system that is invisible to players which modify morale gains based on amount of enemies around you. Its a system which I personally think NEVER should have been added.
Historically morale gain was 10/s but before todays patch it was between 12/s to 32/s where more enemies around you and more allies in relation to enemies around you meant higher value. It affected all gains of morale and as of todays patch the allies in relation to enemies has been removed as well as increasing the scalar to cap out at 4 enemy warbands instead of 3 around you.

Reasoning for this is because the morale gain is too high. And as I stated I would sooner then later see the scalar removed entirely as its a system that is hidden from players and makes little to no sense from a game design standpoint.

23/07/2019 change
- Scalar for morale gain and drains have been fully removed.
- Base morale gain set to 25. This should mean that without any pump or drains M4 should be reached in 144 seconds. This change is an overall increase of morale rate vs week before and a slight nerf to upper gains where morale scalar was maxed.

27/07/2019 change
Base morale gain set to 20.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Ads
wonshot

Re: [Feedback] Changes of moral

Post#2 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:06 am

Mind explaing what the Moral scarlar is? Dont think ive encountered this mechanic?

i've read this part of the patchnote like 10 times now and even if it was supposed to say "scaler" i still have no clue what sort of change this is. Some of these patchnotes are worded rather strangely
Last edited by wonshot on Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

DanielWinner

Post#3 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:08 am

wonshot wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:06 am Mind explaing what the Moral scarlar is? Dont think ive encountered this mechanic?
Probably a dev meant Scaler.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Tesq

Post#4 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:10 am

How this reflect on tactics like ch/bo? The diff between enemy and allies in radius has been removed even from there coding side? Or just the general moral gain?

TenTonHammer

Post#5 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:17 am

The way those notes are written it’s hard for me to understand exactly what you guys did
No offense

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#6 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:21 am

will update OP with more details in a bit when not babysitting server

Kellanved

Post#7 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:23 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:17 am The way those notes are written it’s hard for me to understand exactly what you guys did
No offense
Have same feeling.
From what i understand now morals in general should build slower but morale pumps work outside scaling and work as tooltiped yes?
Because this is how i understand this part of patchnotes.
AM / WH / BW / KOTBS / WL
MARA / ZEALOT / BO / MAGUS / WE
And also: Nastymidget - EG / Nastygobbo - SH

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#8 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:30 am

added my notes to OP

Ads
Ysaran

Post#9 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:34 am

the word "scalar" does exist, in this case it means "multiplier" or "coefficent"
Zputadenti

roadkillrobin

Post#10 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:38 am

It should be a base of 12 and then another 4 per groupmember.