Ads

Patch Notes 27/07/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
peterthepan3

Re: Patch Notes 27/07/2019

Post#21 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:48 pm

anarchypark wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:39 pm
getting domination is goal, it's fastest way to farm emblems.
typical case of playing system.
reintroduce half rewards in domination win?
[sarcasm] Yes! Let's further deter PvP in SC, and exacerbate the SC grind even more by penalising people for crushing their enemies as quickly as possible! [/sarcasm]

If you are forced to your WC, and have no realistic means of either turning the tide or getting out, then you are being dominated; it is then your decision if you choose to continue queuing solo against the premades/players that are dominating you. To reduce rewards for premades/players who dominate their enemies as quickly as possible would end up in even fewer people queuing, even fewer people bothering to grind out subpar sets, and/or weapons.

Noone sets out with the intention of triggering the domination mechanic, but if you are in a SC where the opposition simply have no chance whatsoever of winning you, and have given up the ghost from the get-go, then why prolong it unnecessarily? This, by the way, does not justify reducing the rewards won by the victors: on the contrary, the losing side should want to go back to the drawing board, get organised, and minimise the chances of a domination SC from ever occuring in the first place. If you reduce the rewards won by the victors, purely because their opposition played poorly/weren't prepared enough, then what message does that send out in a PvP game?

You aren't 'playing the system' if you're put in a SC where the enemy simply has no chance of winning you whatsoever. To want to drag out such matches unnecessarily a la pre-domination patch is, pure and simply, masochism. To reduce rewards for SC where domination kicks in will just be yet another nail in the coffin, and will make the grind even more OTT than it arguably already is.

How about we stop knocking people for playing in tight groups that assist one another? How about we, the playerbase, get more organised so that we aren't getting dominated in the first place? I mean, domination usually only kicks in when one side capitalises on the disarray and chaos of the other, so perhaps people should stop playing so...unorganised?

Ads
Gangan

Post#22 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:21 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:48 pm
Spoiler:
anarchypark wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:39 pm
getting domination is goal, it's fastest way to farm emblems.
typical case of playing system.
reintroduce half rewards in domination win?
[sarcasm] Yes! Let's further deter PvP in SC, and exacerbate the SC grind even more by penalising people for crushing their enemies as quickly as possible! [/sarcasm]

If you are forced to your WC, and have no realistic means of either turning the tide or getting out, then you are being dominated; it is then your decision if you choose to continue queuing solo against the premades/players that are dominating you. To reduce rewards for premades/players who dominate their enemies as quickly as possible would end up in even fewer people queuing, even fewer people bothering to grind out subpar sets, and/or weapons.

Noone sets out with the intention of triggering the domination mechanic, but if you are in a SC where the opposition simply have no chance whatsoever of winning you, and have given up the ghost from the get-go, then why prolong it unnecessarily? This, by the way, does not justify reducing the rewards won by the victors: on the contrary, the losing side should want to go back to the drawing board, get organised, and minimise the chances of a domination SC from ever occuring in the first place. If you reduce the rewards won by the victors, purely because their opposition played poorly/weren't prepared enough, then what message does that send out in a PvP game?

You aren't 'playing the system' if you're put in a SC where the enemy simply has no chance of winning you whatsoever. To want to drag out such matches unnecessarily a la pre-domination patch is, pure and simply, masochism. To reduce rewards for SC where domination kicks in will just be yet another nail in the coffin, and will make the grind even more OTT than it arguably already is.

How about we stop knocking people for playing in tight groups that assist one another? How about we, the playerbase, get more organised so that we aren't getting dominated in the first place? I mean, domination usually only kicks in when one side capitalises on the disarray and chaos of the other, so perhaps people should stop playing so...unorganised?

Demanding rewards for playing in an organised group in a groupbased MMO....what kind of heretic thoughts are these? How dare you to spread such propaganda 😂
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Marawo

Post#23 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:01 am

I had the first proper chance to play with the new fortmechanics today since the patch.
The 2nd stage feels way more alive and there is almost no players dilly dallying inside the inner keep.
Getting/avoiding the 5 flag cap for the attackers is a huge goal.
Doing well in stage 2 feels rewarding ("oh, we only need to hold for xx min? cool")

About tweaking the numbers:
1 hour for stage 2+3 feels not too long not too short.
Maybe cut 5-10 minutes if you want the overall time to be the balancing factor for the stage 2 timehunt to progress into stage 3.

Stage 2 passes by a bit too fast in association to stage 3, for example holding 2 BO (4% hits) as attacker drops inner down after 25minutes (last % fall faster for obvious reason) leaving 35min to take the lord which seems like alot of time for attackers who weren't able to exert dominance in stage 2 , maybe there can be scaling hits that reduce the impact of holding 1 or 2 BO since those imply a dominating defending force. ( 1%, 3%, 6%, 9%, 18% maybe)

Lord mechanic seems to be overtuned in damage, bodyblocking the door long enough and waiting for the lord to kill attackers is the best strategy right now.

The bottomfloor defense issue isn't solved so far either (I know, I know you said more changes incoming)

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#24 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:29 am

Actually, some focus to equalize all 1st and 2nd floor doors and posterns is in progress, and almost finished.
On next patch, all forts doors width should be equal inside a pairing (but will be different between pairings due to architecture style). 9 on the 12 (6x2) parts of forts have been reworked.
WIP exemple :

Acidic

Post#25 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:44 am

Yaliskah wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:29 am Actually, some focus to equalize all 1st and 2nd floor doors and posterns is in progress, and almost finished.
On next patch, all forts doors width should be equal inside a pairing (but will be different between pairings due to architecture style). 9 on the 12 (6x2) parts of forts have been reworked.
WIP exemple :
Nice

ChicagoJoe

Post#26 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:55 pm

Is someone looking into lag then disconnects after fortress lord is killed? The last three I was in crashed (evenings NA time Wed and Thur) - I appeared to get RP on 2 but am pretty sure there was no bag rolls on any of them.

Do I need to something special to not disconnect, e.g., not try moving, move, logout, hard disconnect, prayer, etc...
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#27 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:52 am

ChicagoJoe wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:55 pm Is someone looking into lag then disconnects after fortress lord is killed? The last three I was in crashed (evenings NA time Wed and Thur) - I appeared to get RP on 2 but am pretty sure there was no bag rolls on any of them.

Do I need to something special to not disconnect, e.g., not try moving, move, logout, hard disconnect, prayer, etc...
we stated this many times before. We caused this lag to not get server to crash totally and we are looking at finding a better solution. If you want the more detailed explanation you will have to search for it.

And bag rolls happen regardless if you are online or not, so even if you do crash if you contributed enough you have a chance for bag.

ChicagoJoe

Post#28 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:03 am

Natherul wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:52 am
ChicagoJoe wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:55 pm Is someone looking into lag then disconnects after fortress lord is killed? The last three I was in crashed (evenings NA time Wed and Thur) - I appeared to get RP on 2 but am pretty sure there was no bag rolls on any of them.

we stated this many times before. We caused this lag to not get server to crash totally and we are looking at finding a better solution. If you want the more detailed explanation you will have to search for it.

And bag rolls happen regardless if you are online or not, so even if you do crash if you contributed enough you have a chance for bag.
Thank you for your reply and hard work
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Ads