you probably misunderstood how poison work
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
Aethilmar

Re: Patch notes 03/08/2019

Post#12 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:41 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:43 am
- Moved code around so that IndexOutOfRange error hopefully should not happen anymore.
Heh...I'm going to try this comment on one of my PRs some time just to see what happens. :P

Grock

Post#13 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:18 pm

Natherul wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:10 pm
Glorian wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:01 pm
What is the mechanic?
We wont disclose details on mechanics just like we wont for dungeons. The mechanics fixed were not fiering off at all. As for the poison as Grun stated we will look into z axis but otherwise its working as intended and we have seen forts fall with that mechanic.
Grunbag wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:22 pm you probably misunderstood how poison work
You probably misunderstood what people talking about.

TL;DR:
1) Cauldron spawns/despawns when lord aggroes/resets, no delay, no cooldown, no timer. This can happen very often especially before the push, from all the AoE dmg spam into room (which you can't control because some players never listen)
2) Poison hits outside of lord room hitting almost entire 2nd floor, so that attackers lose huge portion of HP even before the push begins
3) Make Cauldron spawn 15-30 seconds after Lord has been in combat, reset the timer if it resets and aggroes again

Poison spawns as soon as the lord is aggroed and de-spawns as soon as the lord resets.
It AoE also seems to have 20-25ft bigger radius than the lord room (which is circular in case of elf keeps).

This results in attackers getting blasted by essentially an empowered form of "artillery barrage"(which you removed in the same patch) even before they get a chance to actually push in, because the lord gets aggroed by random AoE.

It is very hard to control the lord without the control of lord room(as the tank will just get melted by boss and funnel damage). The boss gets pulled outside of the room all the time by random AoE and Challenges, and you can't do anything about that because there are always random pugs in the fort whom you can't control.
Because the lord constantly resets back into room the Cauldron despawns, making it impossible to actually control the mechanic (on top of being impossible to target cauldron if the defenders stack on top of it)

I did win on this mechanic a couple of times, but it was against much weaker and less organized force.

We had a big fort just a couple of days ago where order had multiple organized warbands that were unable to do anything against this mechanic.

If this clunky and chaotic spawning/despawning and huge aoe damage outside of lord room is was what you intended the mechanic to be then you'll soon find out it was not a good idea.

If that wasn't the intention then a pretty simple fix (to begin with, at least) to this would be by adding a short timer (of lord being engaged without resetting) of like 15-30 seconds before the Cauldron spawns. Then attackers will have a some time to actually deal with the funnel and establish room and lord control.
But even then this amount of time will probably not be enough against equally matched opponents, as people are already able to defend the door with just the class damage output.

The best design for this mechanic IMO would be as an option for 3rd floor defence (tHiRd FlOoR dEfEnCe) or comeback mechanic where defenders would try to push back into lord room in sync with Cauldrom getting spawned.
In this case Cauldrom should have longer delay before spawning and must spawn multiple times per fight (which iirc isn't the case currently)
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

TenTonHammer

Post#14 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:53 pm

Hello i would like to bring up an issue here and if you would like i can post it on the bug tracker as well if its not already know but i wanted to ask here first incase im misunderstanding something

this has to do with the magus turrents pet abilities, i have been told that engie turrents have this issue as well but that resummoning fixes it, in this case it did not for me

i have noticed that when i summon the pets it donst always have all its abilities some times its missing one or both of them

and after testing on some mobs this isnt a visual ui glitch like some in chat suggested

This is the first time i summoned my pink horror, as you can see it has the demonic fire ability and uses it on the tested mob:
Spoiler:

i then swap to my flamer and then summon my pink horror again and this time its missing the demonic fire ability and never uses it in combat unlike the previous time only regular attacks so its not a visual issue from what i understand
Spoiler:

is this intended? am i missing something here? i am new to the revamped magus

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#15 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:49 pm

Grock wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:18 pm
Natherul wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:10 pm
Glorian wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:01 pm
What is the mechanic?
We wont disclose details on mechanics just like we wont for dungeons. The mechanics fixed were not fiering off at all. As for the poison as Grun stated we will look into z axis but otherwise its working as intended and we have seen forts fall with that mechanic.
Grunbag wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:22 pm you probably misunderstood how poison work
You probably misunderstood what people talking about.

TL;DR:
1) Cauldron spawns/despawns when lord aggroes/resets, no delay, no cooldown, no timer. This can happen very often especially before the push, from all the AoE dmg spam into room (which you can't control because some players never listen)
2) Poison hits outside of lord room hitting almost entire 2nd floor, so that attackers lose huge portion of HP even before the push begins
3) Make Cauldron spawn 15-30 seconds after Lord has been in combat, reset the timer if it resets and aggroes again

Poison spawns as soon as the lord is aggroed and de-spawns as soon as the lord resets.
It AoE also seems to have 20-25ft bigger radius than the lord room (which is circular in case of elf keeps).

This results in attackers getting blasted by essentially an empowered form of "artillery barrage"(which you removed in the same patch) even before they get a chance to actually push in, because the lord gets aggroed by random AoE.

It is very hard to control the lord without the control of lord room(as the tank will just get melted by boss and funnel damage). The boss gets pulled outside of the room all the time by random AoE and Challenges, and you can't do anything about that because there are always random pugs in the fort whom you can't control.
Because the lord constantly resets back into room the Cauldron despawns, making it impossible to actually control the mechanic (on top of being impossible to target cauldron if the defenders stack on top of it)

I did win on this mechanic a couple of times, but it was against much weaker and less organized force.

We had a big fort just a couple of days ago where order had multiple organized warbands that were unable to do anything against this mechanic.

If this clunky and chaotic spawning/despawning and huge aoe damage outside of lord room is was what you intended the mechanic to be then you'll soon find out it was not a good idea.

If that wasn't the intention then a pretty simple fix (to begin with, at least) to this would be by adding a short timer (of lord being engaged without resetting) of like 15-30 seconds before the Cauldron spawns. Then attackers will have a some time to actually deal with the funnel and establish room and lord control.
But even then this amount of time will probably not be enough against equally matched opponents, as people are already able to defend the door with just the class damage output.

The best design for this mechanic IMO would be as an option for 3rd floor defence (tHiRd FlOoR dEfEnCe) or comeback mechanic where defenders would try to push back into lord room in sync with Cauldrom getting spawned.
In this case Cauldrom should have longer delay before spawning and must spawn multiple times per fight (which iirc isn't the case currently)
ok, so there is an issue with cauldron, it should spawn after some time , not when boss is aggro instantly

Alfa1986

Post#16 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:21 pm

Grunbag wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:39 am
dshdf wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:26 am
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:43 am
[Abilities]

Zealot :
- Fixed Harbinger of Doom , your stat will correctly update when you switch between the harbinger of doom and the harbinger of Change. This will also update your heal and damage tooltip appropriately.

Rune Priest :
- Fixed Rune of Breaking , your stat will correctly update when you switch between the Rune of Breaking and the Rune of Balance. This will also update your heal and damage tooltip appropriately.

Theres probably something wrong with this code, toggled off rune of Breaking not converting int to willpower anymore (statdoll and tooltip change correctly, but getstats say there no wp increase, and healing values in log are the same as with rune of breaking turned on) Is this working as intended?
Fixed .
it seems not. something is wrong in displaying willpower, critical heal and stats that depend on them. it shows 1250 wp, 50% crit, although '.getstats' shows it only 900 wp, 30% which looks more like the truth
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

wonshot

Post#17 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:40 am

Nice how the inner gate on Stonewatch is no longer a Mousehole, but the line of sight is really wierd now, cant place groundtarget effects in/or out. and frontal cones/ pulls etc dont fire off where the old wall was, and where the new gate-opening now is
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

anarchypark

Post#18 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:21 am

thx for patch,
have to wait little longer for attacker tool?
or was it meant door update?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#19 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:48 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:21 pm
Grunbag wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:39 am
dshdf wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:26 am

Theres probably something wrong with this code, toggled off rune of Breaking not converting int to willpower anymore (statdoll and tooltip change correctly, but getstats say there no wp increase, and healing values in log are the same as with rune of breaking turned on) Is this working as intended?
Fixed .
it seems not. something is wrong in displaying willpower, critical heal and stats that depend on them. it shows 1250 wp, 50% crit, although '.getstats' shows it only 900 wp, 30% which looks more like the truth
Server haven’t restarted so the fix is not live yet

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#20 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:22 am

wonshot wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:40 am Nice how the inner gate on Stonewatch is no longer a Mousehole, but the line of sight is really wierd now, cant place groundtarget effects in/or out. and frontal cones/ pulls etc dont fire off where the old wall was, and where the new gate-opening now is
Actually Doors and related colliders have been modified. This change has an impact on characters. It is very possible abilities/pet LOS don't suffer from these changes because these calculation are -afaik- serve side. Will investigate.