Recent Topics

Ads

Tips for farming gold

Let's talk about... everything else
rameden

Tips for farming gold

Post#1 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:36 pm

I have a few new friends to the game and they constantly are asking about how to make gold. I have funded them for a bit but now my stock is getting low so I figured it would be nice to hear your tips and tricks for making a quick buck or two. I'll even make it easy for you by giving you specific questions to answer.

1. What is the BEST way to make gold?

2. For casual players what is a good way to make gold?
This is someone who doesn't have time to farm matts for talismans, pots .etc

3. For new players what are some tips you can give to save gold?

4. What are the unethical ways of making gold?
Too many alts to count...

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Re: Tips for farming gold

Post#2 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:50 pm

Sell organs on the black market

rameden

Post#3 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:54 pm

shaggyboomboom wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:50 pm Sell organs on the black market
I take it this is #4? Or I hope :D

Arbich
Suspended

Post#4 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:19 pm

Get the profession cultivating. It costs you nothing, you dont need to invest extra time (can do it while pvping) and you can sell the raw materials (majestic goldweed). It takes some time to get to 200 skill, though.

To save money buy the pots (heal and AP) from emblems vendor and the 1500 hp pots in AH (50 silver for a stack of 40 on order-side).
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Manatikik

Post#5 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:56 pm

If you just AoE grind mobs you can make like ~100g an hour. Cultivating is passive income as posted above. Get Scavenging/Salvaging to 200 and then do dungeon runs weekly and sell the talisman outcomes for large sums (Armor talis especially will net you ridiculous gains but selling other talis are steady as well).

These are ways to make decent sums quickly. If you are literally just sustaining one character by yourself just taking zone kill quests, seal kill quests, and SC victory quests you can EASILY sustain yourself and make money. Also if you win a decent amount of SC’s you get a lot of green gear to sell; if you chain SC wins together just sitting in altdorf you easily make like 6g-10g/hr just playing the game.
<Montague><Capulet>

rameden

Post#6 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:02 pm

Manatikik wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:56 pm If you just AoE grind mobs you can make like ~100g an hour. Cultivating is passive income as posted above. Get Scavenging/Salvaging to 200 and then do dungeon runs weekly and sell the talisman outcomes for large sums (Armor talis especially will net you ridiculous gains but selling other talis are steady as well).

These are ways to make decent sums quickly. If you are literally just sustaining one character by yourself just taking zone kill quests, seal kill quests, and SC victory quests you can EASILY sustain yourself and make money. Also if you win a decent amount of SC’s you get a lot of green gear to sell; if you chain SC wins together just sitting in altdorf you easily make like 6g-10g/hr just playing the game.
Man I feel like I am doing something wrong then. There is no way I have to make 100g per hour ha

CountTalabecland

Post#7 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:08 pm

Though I would argue that everyone has time to farm talisman, just have salvaging on one character and scavenging on another and farm the gear that randomly drops in pvp/pve, using a good AoE dps class to farm public quest mobs can give you 25–50 gold an hour even playing solo at level 40. More with lucky drops and a healer.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

adamthelc

Post#8 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:16 pm

1. Probably play the AH. Buy stuff cheap and try to resell for more.

2. Like someone already said grinding mobs.

3. Dont worry about you gear. Dont use consumable. Dont visit healers. Only ride a pony. For sure dont dye your gear.

4. Find an exploit no one has exploited yet and dont get caught? I dont really know about this one.

Time spent is much more efficient on a 40, so for new players worrying about gold my advice would be to get 40 as quick as you can.

Ads
DokB

Post#9 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:03 am

Spec AoE/Sustain and grind the squigs in BC.

Sell all the precursor items you get and set aside any purples you find to put on the AH. Trash any green dyes/level 31 blue items.
This gets you about roughly 50-100gold per trip if you fill your entire inventory with precursors + the few natural coins of silver you get from killing each squig (a guild that doesn’t have an over the top guild tax helps here). Rare Fortune drops sometimes, as well as the purple dyes which you can sell for a few gold a pop. Spec butchering as well to get mats that you can also sell or use for yourself.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

rameden

Post#10 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:06 am

DokB wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:03 am Spec AoE/Sustain and grind the squigs in BC.

Sell all the precursor items you get and set aside any purples you find to put on the AH. Trash any green dyes/level 31 blue items.
This gets you about roughly 50-100gold per trip if you fill your entire inventory with precursors + the few natural coins of silver you get from killing each squig (a guild that doesn’t have an over the top guild tax helps here). Rare Fortune drops sometimes, as well as the purple dyes which you can sell for a few gold a pop. Spec butchering as well to get mats that you can also sell or use for yourself.
Where is this magical spot?