Recent Topics

Ads

keeps and fortresses

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
flintboth

keeps and fortresses

Post#1 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:19 pm

Hello, Realms campaigns and RvR battles look a little lukewarm since the fortresses release and the invader set, many players try theirs best to have as many "good" confrontations as possible but we have all in minds the gears importance and we do not give enough attention to the others battles, which makes them "a little" lukewarm.
Some of us are just waitting near the battle objectives for the lock of the zone and many others crooked behaviors... this since the first campaign map on the T2.

Currently game mechanics oriented this game for : 1 - gears>campaign
2 - gears>gameplay

Is it planed to give back intensiveness for all battles zones by some goods mechanics or with rewards better distributed and appropriate for all levels characters on all maps ?
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

Ads
Aethilmar

Re: keeps and fortresses

Post#2 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:51 pm

It is about to get worse not better. Way back they said they were going to eschew vertical progression on the armors and weapons, but they changed their minds. So when cities get re-introduced, the leaders of the various guilds will do what they can to get their guild members the gear they want. This will mean fast zone takes and fast fort takes (assuming they don't remove forts altogether) to get to cities.

Then we will either have:
1) Single-instance city (like forts here) that leaves players out in the cold while the chosen few get their gear or
2) Multi-instance city where people shop for empty/weak instances to farm their gear more easily.

I don't know how much them walking the same path is due to the constraints of working in with a fixed set of assets and how much is they just think this is the way the game should go. But they do deserve credit for successfully replicating the live experience when it comes to gear progression and campaigns. All we need after cities is LotD bonus farming in "PvP" dungeons and the path will be complete.

Well except for the part where they start handing out baby-Sovereign gear b/c the gear gap has grown so great that new players don't stand a chance. I also assume that will be coming at some point though as well.

TenTonHammer

Post#3 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:47 pm

Man if only invader crests and stuff fell in orvr zones....just like all other currency

then people would be less interested fast zone taking or trying to throw/telling people to throw a zone just so that they can get fort

BeautfulToad

Post#4 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:57 am

To be honest, I dont think the system is too bad. I really like seiges. If you want to maximise RR take you would do a few battles/run supplies and then purposefully lose seiges. I would like invader to maybe drop in other situations, but mainly to stop the groups of people that just grind forts fpr currency but otherwise hate fort mechanics. They lind of ruin it for everyone who genuinely enjoy seiges.

Don't understand that guy's post about guilds and stuff handing out loot in city seiges. I understand there will be no higher level loot, and I dont see why guilds would be relevant to a seige

rameden

Post#5 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:54 pm

I like the current system how it is. My only caveat is that you can't get bags or medallions for defending a keep. There really isn't much incentive to defending a keep, besides sticking it to the other realm. You only get bags (when attacking a zone) and medallions when locking a zone. So most of the time people just want that to happen.
Too many alts to count...

flintboth

Post#6 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:04 pm

yes, most of the time battles are enraged.
I was coming back from a 3 weeks pause and I was in a end zone battle before a Fortress, that just drive me sad to see some behaviors.
Have play some day and like I say before fights was goods.
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)