Recent Topics

Ads

Warrior Priest TANK

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
uanaka

Re: Warrior Priest TANK

Post#21 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:52 pm

To be fair, kotbs can have 3 auras up at any one time, while WP can only have 1. Sure, the WP auras are nice in their own regards, but it really doesn't compare to what knights have, and that's OK since WPs have their own survivability mechanics, primarily healing.

As a Grace player, I can honestly tell you that the strength you sacrifice is negligible to the armor you gain. I've experimented with builds ranging from 480 to 750 strength, and there is not much of a difference in terms of your heal output. As most healers in this game will tell you, you can't heal if you're dead.

In a 1v1, Divine Assault is your main burst heal, but it's very very reliant on who you are fighting. If you're using DA on any tanky character, sometimes you'll find that you are only hitting 80-90/tick, which translates to about 250-300 heal, which is taken down just as quickly. I recommend really only using DA when you're able to safely target a squishy character (SH, magus, sorcs, choppas) or even pets (magus demons and SH squis). But in group fights, primarily with 6 mans and SC groups, Sigmar's Radiance is your bread and butter heal.

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#22 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:00 pm

uanaka wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:52 pm To be fair, kotbs can have 3 auras up at any one time, while WP can only have 1. Sure, the WP auras are nice in their own regards, but it really doesn't compare to what knights have, and that's OK since WPs have their own survivability mechanics, primarily healing.
The WP dont have auras. The WP have a lot of AoE buffs though, comparable overall to kotbs. While destro kept losing, many claimed the extra wounds was the single strongest AoE buff in the game.

Apart from that, your experience is good to know, and seems to reiterate WP pseudo tank is viable. But as peterthepan said, will never be a true tank mainly because youbcant hit 900 toughness.

Osred

Post#23 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:18 pm

Shame wp shields have only one skin and you cant simply use knight shields or use their skins. Have to stick with the boring one we have now.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

uanaka

Post#24 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:24 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:00 pm
uanaka wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:52 pm To be fair, kotbs can have 3 auras up at any one time, while WP can only have 1. Sure, the WP auras are nice in their own regards, but it really doesn't compare to what knights have, and that's OK since WPs have their own survivability mechanics, primarily healing.
The WP dont have auras. The WP have a lot of AoE buffs though, comparable overall to kotbs. While destro kept losing, many claimed the extra wounds was the single strongest AoE buff in the game.

Apart from that, your experience is good to know, and seems to reiterate WP pseudo tank is viable. But as peterthepan said, will never be a true tank mainly because youbcant hit 900 toughness.
They don't have auras, but they have prayers which function pretty similar. If you think they're comparable then that's fine, I personally don't think they're entirely comparable (not considering wounds buff). But yea, you'll never be a true tank, but that's not the point of the class anyways.

Tesq

Post#25 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:22 pm

you lack any core feature which define a tank in this game like

guard, challenge and hold the line so the asnwer is no, being hard to kill is not equal to tank in this game. You are simple a harder to kill healer.

Scottx125

Post#26 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:24 am

I really hate what they've done with the WP. It's impossible to practically play all 3 builds across the entire game. ORVR you pretty much will only be able to participate with Salvation.. In SC's Grace has the upper hand over Wrath but Salvation is still the dominant spec.. Idk how they are going to do it, but WP really need to be tanky enough to be able to fight on the frontline to fuel their healing (what grace really is meant to be) and having Wrath deal enough dps whilst not leaving the WP extremely vulnerable with the lack of in combat healing due to the 'Great Weapon' requirement for some abilities.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

BeautfulToad

Post#27 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:18 am

Scottx125 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:24 am I really hate what they've done with the WP. It's impossible to practically play all 3 builds across the entire game. ORVR you pretty much will only be able to participate with Salvation.. In SC's Grace has the upper hand over Wrath but Salvation is still the dominant spec.. Idk how they are going to do it, but WP really need to be tanky enough to be able to fight on the frontline to fuel their healing (what grace really is meant to be) and having Wrath deal enough dps whilst not leaving the WP extremely vulnerable with the lack of in combat healing due to the 'Great Weapon' requirement for some abilities.
I find noone knows what WP should be. All the trees seem to oppose each other, one requires a shield (no Sigmar Radiance with Great Weapon for some reason) the other requires great weapon, and the other forces you to take neither.

My issue is the salvation spec since you are constantly having to pray for reigheous fury, I always feel like I should just be a RP/Zealot or AM/Shammie, who dont need to stop for 5 seconds every minute. Salvation just sees 75% of WP features as a nuisance. Grace feels like that should be the default build for WP, but the salvation spec is instead (even tho the class description calls it a melee healer). The emblem/medallion gear should be swapped around. Salvation should be an alt build, much like a tank going for 2handed.

I should say Grace is really fun, but is so group dependent it feels liks a fun alt character to go once in a while. In the same SC you might heal for 200,000 in two minutes and then not heal another person for the rest of the SC.

Scottx125

Post#28 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:07 pm

Yeah, I've always felt Salvation should be pure back line heal, Grace should be a front line heal spec that focuses on tanking and doing healing (obvs less healing than Salvation but should bring utility and extra tanking to make up the difference of less healing output) and Wrath should be a heal DPS build where you heal through your damage(making you vulnerable but once you get into combat and start pumping out damage you should do some good healing, high risk high reward playstyle).
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#29 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:21 pm

What role would Wrath take in a group though? A healer? A DPS? If you can bring a damage dealer that can both function as a DPS and heal sufficient amounts to justify not bringing 2 other healers, then why bring any other DPS?

How you described Salv and Grace is pretty much how they already function: Grace WP can be incredibly tanky with 30%+ block, 50%+ parry, decent D+D, Sigmar's Shield, high wounds, etc. Grace WP has to be in the frontline to heal, and can survive pretty well in 6v6 up to 18v18, i.e the scales the spec was designed for.

BeautfulToad

Post#30 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:54 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:21 pm What role would Wrath take in a group though? A healer? A DPS? If you can bring a damage dealer that can both function as a DPS and heal sufficient amounts to justify not bringing 2 other healers, then why bring any other DPS?

How you described Salv and Grace is pretty much how they already function: Grace WP can be incredibly tanky with 30%+ block, 50%+ parry, decent D+D, Sigmar's Shield, high wounds, etc. Grace WP has to be in the frontline to heal, and can survive pretty well in 6v6 up to 18v18, i.e the scales the spec was designed for.
I'd say Grace is more like the way Scott describes Wrath, Grace will outheal Salvation by some margin in a lot of situations (Sigmar Radiance alone can be like 700 HP to everyone in your party every 2-3 seconds): "a heal DPS build where you heal through your damage(making you vulnerable but once you get into combat and start pumping out damage you should do some good healing, high risk high reward playstyle)"

The way Scott describes his ideal Grace would be more like a Salvation WP that loads up with defensive gear, so they can pull off some group heals or something (ie not dependent on hitting stuff to heal groupmates). He would not have Wrath as it is now at all, Wrath would be Grace but with a 2handed weapon.

As I said before, my issue is that the whole Righteous Fury mechanic is only relevant to a Grace WP, it is a mild annoyance to a Salvation WP that has to continually spam a prayer and is currently completely ignored in Wrath. It could be dropped entirely and it would only make Salvation more efficient. WP feels like it started as Grace as the main build and was retrospectively changed to Salvation.