Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion] Making certain Scenarios permanent fixtures in Rotation

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Should certain Scenarios be made permanent fixtures in the Scenario rotation?

Yes (Give suggestions in comments below)
90%
No
10%
Total votes: 31

peterthepan3

[Suggestion] Making certain Scenarios permanent fixtures in Rotation

Post#1 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:32 pm

It dawned on me that perhaps one of the reasons why people are not so inclined to take part in Scenarios is due to the map selection: one week you can have a moderately 'decent' rotation, while the other you find yourself with a whole bunch of maps that you do not enjoy one bit. While there is both a dedicated PUG Scenario and Premade Scenario, you have 5/6 other maps in the rotation, too, and so it makes sense that you should want to take part in a variety of maps, instead of solely queuing for one.

Though what Scenarios people enjoy is subjective - some people like Gates of Ekrund, others prefer Battle for Praag - I truly believe that there are some Scenarios that are universally regarded as 'the best' by the majority of people; maps that have a good combination of strategy and PvP, offering a healthy mix of both fights and objective-based gameplay. Looking at the current state of Scenarios, I feel that it would be a great idea to have at least one or two of these maps in the rotation, permanently, so that people are guaranteed to have at least one map that they'll probably like whenever they decide to queue.

Suggestion

* Make 2 or 3 Scenarios permanent fixtures in the Scenario rotation
* Alternate the other 3/4 every week
* Permanent fixture maps should be universally regarded as enjoyable
* [Maybe] At least one of the permanent fixture maps should facilitate to melee comps: Gates of Ekrund, Mourkain Temple, Reikland's Factory, and Maw of Madness are good examples of this.
* [Maybe] At least one of the permanent fixture maps should facilitate to ranged comps: Nordenwatch, Black Fire Basin, Phoenix Gate, and Serpent's Passage are good examples of this.

Picking the maps

The Community Managers made several polls a year ago, asking the community to vote on the maps that they least liked:

* This was the first thread
* This was the second thread
* This was the third thread

I made a table to represent how people voted, showing the most disliked maps at the top, and the least disliked maps at the bottom.

Note: I am not necessarily suggesting that permanent fixtures would have to be in line with the polls conducted by the Community Manangers; I am simply putting it here as a reference for people to gauge how some people in the community regarded certain maps at that period in time.

In addition to using the above as something to refer to, I would suggest that everyone who believes that certain Scenarios should be made permanent fixtures give some map suggestions below.

Thank you for listening.

Ads
agemennon675

Re: [Suggestion] Making certain Scenarios permanent fixtures in Rotation

Post#2 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:50 pm

I am really suprised that bomb run scenarios got less dislikes than Logrin's Forge
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Reesh

Post#3 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:50 pm

Straight up thumbs up, it should've been done ages ago.
Gates of ekrund and nordenwatch as perma ones.

Darks63

Post#4 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:52 pm

Yes I would like Nordanwatch, Reikland hills, and Serpents to be the perms.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Grock

Post#5 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:56 pm

A reasonable suggestion. Nordenwatch and Gates of Ekrund are good candidates for this

I personally also like Howling Gorge.

All of them have an option for some backdoor capture to get some points when teams are unbalanced, while not too distracting from the fight in balanced matches.

Reikland Hills or Blackfire Basin coulbe a good choice for more ranged-friendly options.

IMO there should be 1 melee-friendly (Gates, Mourkain), 1 ranged-friendly(mentioned above) and 1 more versatile one (Nordenwatch, maybe Battle for Praag)
Last edited by Grock on Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Jabba

Post#6 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:59 pm

I love this idea.
Grock wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:56 pm I personally also like Howling Gorge.

Unless Howling Gorge becomes one of the permanent sc's, in which case I despise it.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

larsulu
Suspended

Post#7 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:01 pm

I think sc like black fire basin/nordenWatch should be permanent.
Easy mechanic for pugs/small grp. ( “ let’s go mid and fight “)
Also pugs has more chance to hold premade/small man in those sc.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Saftdryck
Banned

Post#8 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:03 pm

This definatly good idea. Having like top 5 best scenario maps fixed in rotation, like 2 from top 5 and rest random, which would include the top 5 maps.

My suggestion would be:
--> 2 sc maps from top 5 + random from all 22 maps.
or
--> 2-3 perma scenario maps

It's really hilarious to see every time worst pve scenarios always being there in sc rotation. I dont even remember when NW was last time in rotation.
Wasnotme Corazon Jizo Jeorr Ilzen
FUSION
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/fusionlife
Videos: https://www.twitch.tv/fusionlife/videos/all

Ads
Kasic

Post#9 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:06 pm

Great idea.

I would definitely be in favour of seeing Gates of Ekrund, Nordenwatch and / or Black Fire Basin as permanent fixtures for the scenario list.

TiberiusD

Post#10 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:07 pm

Would be nice to see more 5-Flag Scenarios for 18 people per pairing. those will make queue times smaller and many people can join them.

Battle for Praag, Gromril Crossing, Thunder Valley and Blood of the Black Cairn