Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 10/08/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
geezereur

Re: Patch Notes 10/08/2019

Post#61 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:09 am

Melee Squigs pet dies way to easy in rvr to splash aoe damage.

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#62 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:56 am

Grunbag wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:52 pm
Alfa1986 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:59 am
Grunbag wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:20 am

TA is not here to be an addition of ABM but replace it when you play melee squig.
If melee squig is useless without TA + ABM then we would have to review it i think.
I would advise you to consider possibility melee Squig in SA to use skills from other paths. otherwise it turns out to be too cut. It can't use disarm (if there is no battle squiq), silence, armor penetration, ini penetration, heal debuff, but have only one dps (although good), and average survival. Or need to change all time range on SA , SA on range, which in the dynamics of the battle is practically impossible. and else there are no needed enormous number skill points , which is almost useless.
I am thinking about a proposal to give the possibility to have a viable melee spec in and out squig armor (and be able to use your bow abilities too)
that would be great. I can suggest following, let while SA herder will cast range abilitys on 0.5–1 sec longer, but all the abilities can be applied in movement with decreasing radius implementation until 45 feet.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Sulorie

Post#63 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:32 am

geezereur wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:09 am Melee Squigs pet dies way to easy in rvr to splash aoe damage.
Mass rvr spec would be without pet obviously.
Dying is no option.

Alfa1986

Post#64 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:45 am

Grunbag wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:19 pm Balancing career with outgoing damage % is not a solution . If you need to boost damage by X% to make it viable then there is a issue with base damage or abilities themselves. As a Squig Herder player , I was strongly against creating tactic that remove the pet from a pet career and give in this tactic the pet buff without bothering to summon it anymore. I rather fix the issue with pets than remove pet from pet career. But this is done and it is what it is .
I am aware Squig Herder is not close to any other dps (in organised warband at least) and I’ll look attentively at how MSH is doing now we fixed ABM and TA.
I completely agree with you that if any class needs to increase damage by 65% ​​in order to become competitive, then something needs to be changed with the basic characteristics of this class. only one spec is there is, it meens any anothers dont need at all. I understand why the tactics of ABM was developed, the absence of a pet needs to be compensated for with something, and many of the advantages that different pets give are lost. Obviously, TA began to introduce some imbalance in this system, this explains the fact that the herder is so popular at this time. I would offer to remove thr bonus + 25% damage from TA, but allow the use of a pet with it, thus it will be possible also to spam jumps, but have the advantages of a pet at the same time, and not cause an imbalance of + 70% damage.

Along with the suggestions on range skills for a melee squig will remain just as powerful, but playing for it will become more difficult, and more options for building a game and choosing a specification (tactics, renown points, choosing basic skills).
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Reesh

Post#65 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:33 am

Grunbag wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:19 pm Balancing career with outgoing damage % is not a solution . If you need to boost damage by X% to make it viable then there is a issue with base damage or abilities themselves. As a Squig Herder player , I was strongly against creating tactic that remove the pet from a pet career and give in this tactic the pet buff without bothering to summon it anymore. I rather fix the issue with pets than remove pet from pet career. But this is done and it is what it is .
I am aware Squig Herder is not close to any other dps (in organised warband at least) and I’ll look attentively at how MSH is doing now we fixed ABM and TA.
I agree. Thus the easiest way is to increase the base damage of melee tree abilities by a large margin.

Sulorie

Post#66 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:49 am

Reesh wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:33 am
I agree. Thus the easiest way is to increase the base damage of melee tree abilities by a large margin.
Keep in mind, that a lot of their dmg is aoe, so raising dmg to be viable in ST makes them too strong.
Dying is no option.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#67 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:00 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:32 am
geezereur wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:09 am Melee Squigs pet dies way to easy in rvr to splash aoe damage.
Mass rvr spec would be without pet obviously.
there is solution to make pet career viable in mass fight. but with current state and mechanic, pet can't survive in mass aoe.
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Reesh

Post#68 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:14 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:49 am
Reesh wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:33 am
Keep in mind, that a lot of their dmg is aoe, so raising dmg to be viable in ST makes them too strong.
Not really, it's easy to adjust. For example - big bouncin (aoe) does more damage with each tick then ard noggin (ST), even though tooltips states otherwise. Things are completely messed up.

If we're getting rid of one of 25% damage boost tactic, each ability should be looked at and their base damage properly adjusted.

Examples - big bouncin 20% increase (aoe), ard noggin (ST - btw, weakest damage output ability as a melee spammable lel) 45% increase, sneaky strike (ST - decent tooltip and base damage - possibly cooldown lowered to 5s).

Etc etc. It wouldn't be that hard to tweak damage values so it works decently. One evening tops. Patch it, playtest for a week or so, adjust accordingly afterwards - and that's all it needs.

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#69 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:44 pm

Added notes for the Client Hotfix
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Grock

Post#70 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:55 pm

Like every other pet, even engi/magus melee pet with huge dodge/disrupt
Something should be done with that. Either give pets high resistance to AoE damage or make them affected by group heals.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)