Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] What role do they fill?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Manatikik

Re: [SW] What role do they fill?

Post#11 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:10 pm

saupreusse wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:42 pm
Manatikik wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:42 pm
DanielWinner wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:09 pm Free renown and medals for my sorcerer.

Or melee premade chad.
I'm not a chad...

SW is a decent support DPS, heal debuff, and RKD. If you're solid at it you make a decent difference though you're not worth anything in a WB.
Now the only question is why i would pick a support dps instead of a real dps like engi or bw.
A Skirmish SW > Engi every day of the week in a roam/sc group. I'd rather have a SW > BW personally due to ranged snare, initiative debuff, spammable heal debuff, and reliable RKD - it also has good sustain DPS and against 99% of the server is fine to pair with a burst dps class and still run amok.

It is ironic how Ranged SH has better damage/kiting and mSH more utility whereas Ranged SW has more Utility and ASW has more damage.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
dansari

Post#12 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:11 pm

You won't kill anything that has support as a solo ranged SW. You are at all times a support dps for other classes. Roam groups are decent with WL+skirm SW since you can keep a heal debuff on a target and have rkd (will not be great vs other premade groups who have half a brain.. really only good for picking off pug groups around orvr). In scenarios, ASW is OK but again really needs to be paired with an actual mdps like WL, SL, WH to deal damage. Mara is a better mdps in nearly every aspect without even trying (you have to be rr60 ASW to have a meaningful build). In wb, SW is a joke in every build. I'm talking like.. you deal maybe 1/6 to 1/4 the damage of a competent BW/SL/Engy. That said, it's a fairly simple, albeit slightly boring, class that has OK-ish mobility and deals decent damage in Assault.
<Salt Factory>

Sulorie

Post#13 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:10 pm

dansari wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:11 pm You won't kill anything that has support as a solo ranged SW.
Well, this is true for all dd classes.
Dying is no option.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#14 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:11 am

Manatikik wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:10 pm
saupreusse wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:42 pm
Manatikik wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:42 pm

I'm not a chad...

SW is a decent support DPS, heal debuff, and RKD. If you're solid at it you make a decent difference though you're not worth anything in a WB.
Now the only question is why i would pick a support dps instead of a real dps like engi or bw.
A Skirmish SW > Engi every day of the week in a roam/sc group. I'd rather have a SW > BW personally due to ranged snare, initiative debuff, spammable heal debuff, and reliable RKD - it also has good sustain DPS and against 99% of the server is fine to pair with a burst dps class and still run amok.

It is ironic how Ranged SH has better damage/kiting and mSH more utility whereas Ranged SW has more Utility and ASW has more damage.
So you basically agree with me that rsw is **** useless outside of some friendly pug skirmishes? Running down warband leftovers and unguarded mdps. Yes sw shines at taking out these.

dansari

Post#15 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:31 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:10 pm
dansari wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:11 pm You won't kill anything that has support as a solo ranged SW.
Semantics. Your kill pressure as SW is laughably low. Pretty much every other dd has better kill threat than you.
<Salt Factory>

wpc56
Suspended

Post#16 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:58 am

SW excel as free RR for dest that's all. Their dmg is physical so have fun hitting 150-200 per hit against tank.

There's a reason BW/Eng are better because their dmg are magical, a weak dot from engineer would do more dmg than rSW's ping.

ASW is about the only good spec and that's because you do dmg and have no utility whatsoever

rameden

Post#17 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:20 pm

1v1 I find them to be a lot of fun and awesome to play. However seeing as though most large scale battle focus on AOE damage they are pretty much useless. Whenever I play mine I try and focus sorcs or healers. If I can only hit tanks I just use myself as canon fodder.
Too many alts to count...

Gracely

Post#18 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:52 pm

Nice boots.

Ads
rameden

Post#19 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:17 pm

Gracely wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:52 pmNice boots.
Were they made for walking?
Too many alts to count...

Acidic

Post#20 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:22 pm

dansari wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:31 am
Sulorie wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:10 pm
Semantics. Your kill pressure as SW is laughably low. Pretty much every other dd has better kill threat than you.
Or translated to match the thread, The class is goto class for whiners and players who desperately seeking the “I win button”