Recent Topics

Ads

Engineers for days!

Let's talk about... everything else
rameden

Engineers for days!

Post#1 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:39 pm

I have been playing for a while, on and off, a lot more this week and have noticed an insane amount of engineers on. Last night in a WB there were 11... 11 (CAPS). Did I miss something that made them so popular. It actually makes me not want to play me engi :(
Too many alts to count...

Ads
wonshot

Re: Engineers for days!

Post#2 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:22 pm

Over the years the engineer have become a really popular class, it is probably one of the classes that has gotten the most buffs and changes compared to on Age of Reckoning where the class was barely playable. Add on top of that, the the little gut has some of the coolest animations.

On RoR the trend has been spreading to build "sniper squads" and other engineer or dwarf only groups or warbands, with either roleplaying as purpose or assiting and exploiting the range of Snipe-ability to outrange any other class making them unable to detaunt and prevent the barrage of assisted snipes.

While all of this is pretty cool, the other side of the story is that the class is very immoble and kinda bad in open field fights. Making an overstacking of this class almost impossible to make any offensive pushes, as they tend to sit back and support but not be in the fray of things. Everything is good in moderation
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

BeautfulToad

Post#3 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:19 pm

Overstacking of classes only really matters in SCs, in RVR sheer numbers and warbands' ability to follow leaders are important.

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:24 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:19 pm Overstacking of classes only really matters in SCs, in RVR sheer numbers and warbands' ability to follow leaders are important.

Laughs in Bitterstone

Kragg

Post#5 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:26 pm

wonshot wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:22 pm s.

On RoR the trend has been spreading to build "sniper squads" and other engineer or dwarf only groups or warbands, with either roleplaying as purpose or assiting and exploiting the range of Snipe-ability to outrange any other class making them unable to detaunt and prevent the barrage of assisted snipes.
They are copying the famous Bitterstone Thunderers, you mean? 8-)

On top of that, it is not an exploit. It it is a focused use of a ability. As confirmed by War & Co at Discord a few months back.

Dwarfs of Ekrund!
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

CountTalabecland

Post#6 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:54 pm

Lol at calling the Sniper Squad an exploit. Are comms and coordination exploits now?

Grenadier engineer is good in standard warbands. Otherwise besides Bitterstone and a few good sniper players here and there, the class is deadweight on Order. Like SW, simply too many undergeared, unskilled pugs playing the class and achieving nothing besides getting killed a lot.

I repeat, It is not a good class to play in WB Unless you are in grenadier spec. Check out the Bitterstone guide in the dwarfs section of the forum.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

wonshot

Post#7 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:18 pm

Exploiting the fact that you can outrange your target's detaunt range* I should had said, calm down stunties.

And you can say what you want, but an overly stacked order realm with too many engineers will just never do much in offensive pushes at keeps or forts. Turrets die too easily, losing the class mechanic etc etc.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Kragg

Post#8 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:02 am

wonshot wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:18 pm Exploiting the fact that you can outrange your target's detaunt range* I should had said, calm down stunties.

And you can say what you want, but an overly stacked order realm with too many engineers will just never do much in offensive pushes at keeps or forts. Turrets die too easily, losing the class mechanic etc etc.
Yup, we have been doing it since day one but lately we drown in em. Worst part is that most do not know how to play one. I had an argument with an 31 engineer who told me to stop calling targets in the scenario. I told him to focus the damn target after which he replied he was better on his own. being level 31 in the frontline with a sniper spec :roll:

Ads
xarax

Post#9 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:43 am

I'm fine with sniper squads in general. But it becomes very famous this days to stand on platforms that you cant reach. (Like jumping down a rock from a order camp that you cant reach as destro)
No way to kill them that way.
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Kragg

Post#10 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:40 am

xarax wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:43 am I'm fine with sniper squads in general. But it becomes very famous this days to stand on platforms that you cant reach. (Like jumping down a rock from a order camp that you cant reach as destro)
No way to kill them that way.
You'd have to bring your own ranged. If we can hit you, you can reach us as well. So far one spot is being said we cant use it by Gambero, and that was despite we've shown two ways to get up there. Grufrip and his band do it often, to our horror :mrgreen: