Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa 2 week challange

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wonshot

Choppa 2 week challange

Post#1 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:25 pm

Hello, I would like to share my crazy "2 week project" with the community.

I found myself having a hell of a lot of time on my hands the past couple of weeks, and before I knew about a 2x event coming I put down the goal of getting from lvl1 to full invader in 2weeks-ish

Started out with T1 going back to experience how T1 was unfolding these days, as my past experiences were heavily based around afking on BOs on my previous chars for the famous 20rp ticks.

T1 lvl1-lvl16 (rr1 - rr20)
Things had changed, instead of afking on BOs for ticks, I now just joined pug T1 warbands and stood afk at the warcamp waiting for my slaves to run boxes for me while I was sitting fully afk leeching. This only works if you dont get kicked, and if your realm is dominating T1.

For the few moments I actually wanted to play the game activly, I was running solo hunting resourceboxes and then before turning them in I would open my solo-group up to a puplic group to trigger the game to give me a double tick for each box i turned in, speeding up the progression

T2-T4 lvl16-lvl40 (rr20 - rr28) Pve aoe farming
This method is rather risky and not for everyone! I decited to abandon my RR and purely push my pve rank up via aoe grinding heavily dense areas and pqs with a mara as duo partner. This was done before 2x event and we powerleveled for many hours aday to get from lvl 16 to 40 in 2½ days real time.

T4 RR farming and getting fort ready
Having a very flexible tme scheduel at hand I would do alot of AAO roaming and tag along on kills others would setup, run scenarious again fully reliant on others to carry and just accept I was as weak as I would ever be. AAO oil kills was my main method for powerleveling my RR to 40 and be fort available. Zonelocks and bonus bagrolls I kept an eye on, and as soon as a bagroll was getting high and I didnt want to cash in the bags yet before they would reward me with genesis or conq/Vanq I would log onto an other Destro char and enter the lake to kill my rewards from zonelocks on the choppa to save the +400 bluebag roll untill I was RR41.

Finally RR40 and fort ready.
This was at the end of the Gitbane era, where destro would no longer push forts in NA timezones and I had to come up with a plan for how to get as many forts in as possible per day. So teaming up with a guildie who had a very different timezone as me we would call eachother when an endzone was about to lock leading into a fort. Quickly entering the endzone build contribution via resources, oil kills, or duo roam and enter the forts.

Fortress results:
out of the 220 invader tokens i did get:
0 Goldbags
1 purplebag
Several bluebags and below
Lost out on medals on 10+ forts due to realserver crashes and no reward distrubuted
1 time did I not contribute enough as destro got rolled in recordtime
Several times top contribution but matched with sub 300rolls
only once roll higher than 500

In terms of who was winning the forts and why here is my analysis:
I would estimate destro won about 10 forts out of the 50+ forts i attended over the last two weeks.
Lack of healers would usually be the main reason I would name as lack of victory.
Most of the 10 victories came during the First version of the Cauldron forts in Fell Landing defenses.
Destro as a realm didnt seem to always understand that flagcapping is the only source of contribution for rewards during stage2.
Order as a realm never really pushed via postern with mdps when destro would defend bottomfloors.
Not once did I see any Drain maras in a funnel to stop Knights coming in to solarflare, so the complains were flowing high.
Several times did I get warbandleadership dumped on me due to troll warbandleaders not giving a danm about forts and just trying to sabotage the fort for destro.
Whenever an organized guild from destro had a warband inside (PnP/FMJ/L2P) they would always focus on an outer funnel during stage2 resulting in a lot of (none contribution kills) and a stage2 that is quickly overwith due to innerdoor hp% dropping.
CNTK, Seventh Legion and Cature warbands on order seemed to be the only ones sending in knights for solarflare prepushes.

Conclusion:
- Cauldron is working fine as it is atm I would say.
- Killing really should matter for stage2
- Not having a healer for the defenders to clear their wounds debuff is just killing pvp as defenders have to stop fighting at 2x stacks.
- Solar flare is really really strong for breaking full m4 funnels, sure. But there is counterplay to it: Drain mara hitting the knight from 4.0 morale to 3.9morale making him unable to drain. Or tanks simply prepopping their defensive group M4s as they see the red see start to move outside (can lead to misstiming and baited moraleuseage sure)
- Aoe knockdowns from Choppa/slayer M4 or Mara is best way to stop a full clogged push and order has not such a thing as standard ability unmirrored like on mara (I am aware of engineers mirroed magus version)

So From lvl1 rags to full invader in 13irl days. Time to catch some sleep and see the sun.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
dansari

Re: Choppa 2 week challange

Post#2 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:46 pm

I think I have 30 Invader medals across all my toons. Can't imagine the grind. Interesting experience you had
<Salt Factory>

Sulorie

Post#3 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:09 pm

Entirely depended on time zone I guess. :)
Dying is no option.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#4 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:18 pm

RoR at its finest
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Collateral

Post#5 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:09 pm

16-40 in two and a half ingame days? See devs, this is why everyone levels alts only on 2x week. Can't be assed to spend so much time on a char I won't be playing often anyway.

Sulorie

Post#6 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:58 am

Collateral wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:09 pm 16-40 in two and a half ingame days? See devs, this is why everyone levels alts only on 2x week. Can't be assed to spend so much time on a char I won't be playing often anyway.
Ofc this is not Guild Wars leveling speed but how is this a long time?
I doubt it was ingame days, because this would mean, that someone needs 40 days à 3 hours to get to rank 40 and this is not true.
Dying is no option.

wonshot

Post#7 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:43 am

16-40 was done in 2 irl days, not ingame days.

Granted not sure how many hours aday we played, but it was alot!
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

simtex
Suspended

Post#8 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:12 am

1-RR73 in 3 days playtime
Beautybeast|Buffedbabe|Inikah|Simtex|Seifu
twitch

Ads