Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
peterthepan3

Re: Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Post#21 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:52 am

Targhor wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:43 am
peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:38 am
Noone sets out to ignore objectives, ...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, you don't: you join a SC, get a feel for your opposition, ascertain whether or not you'll be able to kill them, and keep the Objective in mind while you fight.

If the enemy gets completely dominated in the actual PvP engagements, and end up staying in Warcamp - that isn't your problem, and nor should you be penalised for putting them into that situation by outplaying them.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#22 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:58 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:52 am
peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:38 am
Noone sets out to ignore objectives, ...
Well, you don't: you join a SC, get a feel for your opposition, ascertain whether or not you'll be able to kill them, and keep the Objective in mind while you fight.

If the enemy gets completely dominated in the actual PvP engagements, and end up staying in Warcamp - that isn't your problem, and nor should you be penalised for putting them into that situation by outplaying them.
I guess if you have them so outplayed it's not going to be a problem to spare 1-2 people to handle those objectives.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#23 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:07 am

Not doing the objective and farming kills in SCs are def something we want to penalize, especially when in the last week we saw people actually telling people to do just that in SC chats.

Thats not acceptable.

Targhor

Post#24 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:10 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:52 am Well, you don't: you join a SC, get a feel for your opposition, ascertain whether or not you'll be able to kill them, and keep the Objective in mind while you fight.
dodgy semantics, trying to shade that there are (quite some) situations, in which "ignoring the objective" happens.
peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:52 am If the enemy gets completely dominated in the actual PvP engagements, and end up staying in Warcamp - that isn't your problem, and nor should you be penalised for putting them into that situation by outplaying them.
that is an opinion and not a fact. so everybody else is free to have a differing one. what´s called "outplaying them" here, could easily been seen as poor sportsmanship and favouring poor sportsmanship shows lousy character.
have it your way.

cynicprophet

Post#25 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:13 am

Thanks for the changes at last people who makes organized groups will be punished for teaming up with proper teams.I will make a 6 man with 6 choppas with SELF RES tactic and immedeatly give enemy 12 kills to trigger DOMINATION and win :) Ramble if you see this whisper me we can play together.

peterthepan3

Post#26 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:14 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:58 am
peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:52 am

I guess if you have them so outplayed it's not going to be a problem to spare 1-2 people to handle those objectives.
Not sure if you got my point, so I'll explain it a bit more clearly:

1) You join a SC as a premade, and find yourself up against pugs (which is what happens 99% of the time)
2) You do the Objective, all the while destroying the enemy in the PvP engagements: for example, you are doing Phoenix Gate, picking up the Flag and running it while disposing of the enemy; you cap Logrin's Forge parts, kill the enemy, and keep the Objectives capped every 30 seconds.
3) The enemy end up AFKing in the WC, Domination kicks in, and you now leave the SC with less emblems than you would have got had you not dominated them.

It's counter-intuitive, and deters premades from even killing their opposition (aka doing PvP) - lest they end up triggering the Domination mechanic and leaving the SC with less emblems (lol).

It seems to me that you want premades to run the Objectives, uncontested, back-to-back, while the enemy AFKs in the WC. Pretty sadistic tbh :lol:

@Targhor

Sorry, but if you get outplayed consistently and don't do anything about it, that is your problem; the people doing the outplaying (be it either PvP or Objective-based - or both) shouldn't be penalised to appease you.
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rmpl

Post#27 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:23 am

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:02 am - Domination now triggers when one team has 12 more kills then other team.
- Domination reduces the time left on SC by 5 sec for each second passed.
- Domination no longer adds points to winning side.
- Domination still gives the dominated side the Heroic Defender buff.
- Scenarios no longer adds score to teams when timer closes to end. This means SCs can end on lower then 500 score (like mythic had it) and consequently winner bonus would be reduced as they did not reach 500.

Click here to watch on YouTube

aqualice

Post#28 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:26 am

we should just make all scenario pug scenario and remove all actions and abilities so you can ' t do any PvP at all =D

Ads
Arguetlam

Post#29 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:37 am

Thanks for the xp évent.

My two scent about the change on sc.
I understand the aim to punish ppl trying to not play the sc objectif. But you realise that 12 kill of différence is really low ? A premade Will shred a 2 party pug. They Will not have the time to play the sc and it Will be over. They Will not have the full reward. Why punishing groupe play ? We are in a mmo promoting party should be the aim not the other way around.

We Will have to see how it play. But what about the New abuse that Will appear ? I. E ppl throwing themselve to be killed to triger the domination ?

Good day

rmpl

Post#30 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:41 am

Natherul wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:07 am Not doing the objective and farming kills in SCs are def something we want to penalize, especially when in the last week we saw people actually telling people to do just that in SC chats.

Thats not acceptable.
Think this through or you will have another 25% guard situation on your hands.